#21 dobber

dobber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationWest Michigan

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

Hopefully all you will need is your Zero off replaced.

#22 SkySki

SkySki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 17 March 2013 - 09:12 PM

Hopefully all you will need is your Zero off replaced.

Quick hijack - Nice colors Dobber.
2012 MB Sports F21 Tomcat

#23 dobber

dobber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationWest Michigan

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:55 AM

Thanks. Can't wait to get it.

#24 snowman

snowman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

I spoke to MB directly today on the phone they said they have not heard of anyone having this issue (strange because I know of two other boats with same issue). Anyways, he says to send them a email explaining this and he will send the email straight to the top...Email has been sent so now we will sit back and wait to see what they have to say.
2013 F21

#25 dobber

dobber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationWest Michigan

Posted 22 March 2013 - 06:30 PM

Have you heard anything yet?

#26 BallsDeepMB

BallsDeepMB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

Our dealer is working with indmar to find the issue dobber, hopefully get all this squared away. Ty has been having the issue way more than me tho.

#27 snowman

snowman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:38 PM

Spoke to dealer Thursday...they are working with indmar they think I am losing number 3 and 5 cylinders :ohmy:
2013 F21

#28 theedgeinc

theedgeinc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

now i'm subscribed to this topic... Might have to retract my armchair diagnosis

#29 metalfabguy

metalfabguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • Locationsacramento

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:53 AM

"Losing" as in catastrophic failure of the motor or the computer isn't firing the fuel injectors for those cylinders?

#30 oldsmobiledriver

oldsmobiledriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • LocationAmarillo, TX
  • Hometown Lake:Tanglewood

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Anyone having this problem with the PCMs or just the Indmar in the 13's? Same perfect pass in both?
71 Olds Cutlass, 69 3 door Suburban, 07 Cammed Yukon Denali, 08 Tahoe LTZ, 2012 F21 Tomcat: Surf Machine!!!

#31 M1AHD

M1AHD

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • 500 posts
  • LocationArizona
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Pleasant, AZ

Posted 25 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

I'm interested to hear what the root cause is of this issue. Let us know once you have an update from Indmar please.

Current Boat  | 2014 F22 Tomcat

Previous Boats | 2012 F21 Tomcat, 2007 Nautique 220, 2005 Nautique 210 

#32 Watersled

Watersled

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationGilbert
  • Hometown Lake:Sahuaro

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

I had same problem yesterday....haven't called or talked to anyone yet though. 2013F21, 6hours. Any news?

#33 BallsDeepMB

BallsDeepMB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:09 AM

AWS Phx worked with indmar on a software update, they put it in Ty's boat, and it seems to have fixed the problem, no issues yet. Mine hasn't acted up since first day on water, but ill still be doing the update. It was NOT the zero off, FYI. :)

#34 theedgeinc

theedgeinc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:22 AM

well is my face red

• BallsDeepMB likes this

#35 snowman

snowman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

Indmar provided my dealer (AWS) with a software program to recalibrate my computer and they loaded it last week and I took it out on Saturday and I tried everything that I was doing before to get the boat to act up again and I had no issues. I can only assume at this time that everything is fixed and they guys at MB and Indmar jumped up once they heard about my issue. Thanks to Jeff at AWS for getting my boat in and comp updated and the windshield tinted in time for me to take it out.

:D

• BallsDeepMB likes this
2013 F21

#36 az tomcat

az tomcat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAZ
  • Hometown Lake:Saguaro

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:16 PM

Snowman, keep us posted if this update continues to resolve the issue.  I was at Saguaro Lake this Sunday and had the same exact issue.  Once I shut the engine off and re started it everything was ok for the rest of the day.

#37 snowman

snowman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 09:56 AM

Snowman, keep us posted if this update continues to resolve the issue.  I was at Saguaro Lake this Sunday and had the same exact issue.  Once I shut the engine off and re started it everything was ok for the rest of the day.

this was the exact same issue I was dealing with. I will have mine out again this weekend and will let you know.

2013 F21

#38 MidnightV10

MidnightV10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationVancouver WA
  • Hometown Lake:Columbia River

Posted 22 April 2013 - 09:21 PM

Snowman,
How's the boat running?

#39 canuck

canuck

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationKelowna BC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

Any more updates on this topic? Mine has been doing same thing for past 10 hrs, more frequent with loaded ballast. Is it computer update as many say here or as wakeworld forum suggest possibly need to use premium fuel, last 2 tanks have been 87 octane, so goin try to switch to only premium.

#40 logan91077

logan91077

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:40 AM

Any more updates on this topic? Mine has been doing same thing for past 10 hrs, more frequent with loaded ballast. Is it computer update as many say here or as wakeworld forum suggest possibly need to use premium fuel, last 2 tanks have been 87 octane, so goin try to switch to only premium.

Is yours a 13 F21 also? According to the Indmar manual the ecm will not let the engine go over 3000 rpm until the engine is at operating temp. However my 13 F21 has done this same thing 2 or 3 times. Each time the temp gauge said 170 or so. Shut the boat off and restart and its fine. I talked to my dealer about it and he said the cats need time to get water flowing through them. With that being said, I think its a glitch in the ecm software. Or a problem with the sensor that tells the ecm what the temp is. Most car engines have a temp sender for the gauge and one for the ecm. Not sure if the Indmar is the same set up though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users