#1 steve142

steve142

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationVancouver WA

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

Just sold my old MB 190 of 15 years, and now looking at the B52 wide body 21'. Question is will it clear a garage door height of 83" with the tower folded and a garage depth of 21' 5"? MB says it should clear depth wise, maybe have to drop the cav plate down. Any Ideas?? thanks

#2 SkySki

SkySki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:26 PM

The new tower folds lower than the four point that I have. I can get my boat in the garage at 82.5 inches, but it is a pain. The new tower high points are the racks, which I hear are easily removed to get you some clearance. I have 14" wheels and have to lower my tire pressure to about 10psi every time, as well as pushing the door up, locking it with vise grips, and removing the arm that goes to the opener so it will clear the glass. I have the F21 Tomcat, so I can't really help with the length. I think you will be fine, but it can be a pain.
2012 MB Sports F21 Tomcat

#3 theedgeinc

theedgeinc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

exactly what skyski said, it SHOULD make it, but plan on lowering air pressure in your tires

#4 Watersled

Watersled

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationGilbert
  • Hometown Lake:Sahuaro

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

I actually raised the rough opening of my garage to 7' so now I only remove the bimini and board racks. I also have 18" wheels so I needed to maximize my clearance. The high point with the new tower is right above the front axle on the trailer so lowering the nose of the trailer doesn't help.

#5 steve142

steve142

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationVancouver WA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

Anyone have any input as far as depth goes??

#6 MidnightV10

MidnightV10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  • LocationVancouver WA
  • Hometown Lake:Columbia River

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

I am betting it will be pretty tight. You will have to take the swim platform off and swing in the trailer tounge..

probably correct that the cav plate will need to be dropped all the way down.. not sure how long the exhaust tips are..

#7 steve142

steve142

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationVancouver WA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 03:51 PM

I could cut 2 little holes in the sheetrock for the tips, lol

#8 breakz77

breakz77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationDisco Bay
  • Hometown Lake:Dirty D

Posted 04 April 2013 - 04:20 PM

If you're purchasing from a dealer or local private party you should have no problem with having them bring a boat buy to confirm it will fit in the garage for them to make the sell!!!!

#9 MidnightV10

MidnightV10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  • LocationVancouver WA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

I could cut 2 little holes in the sheetrock for the tips, lol

Haha.. I almost said that

#10 steve142

steve142

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationVancouver WA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Yes there will a test fit for sure by the dealer .

#11 DonSeas

DonSeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationMillbrae, Ca
  • Hometown Lake:The Delta. Orwood Marina

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

I purchased mine from Mike at Larson Marine in Stockton, I know for sure he will do a test fit, if you are local to him. He has done it in the past.

#12 steve142

steve142

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationVancouver WA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:36 PM

Im deployed right now, so all I can do right now is ask folks if it will fit. I asked MB and all they said was 21' is the length, so I asked again with the boat on the trailer thinking they might not have understood my question and they replied 21' is the LOA with trailer.

#13 steve142

steve142

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationVancouver WA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

#14 M1AHD

M1AHD

Advanced Member

• Administrator
  • 491 posts
  • LocationArizona
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Pleasant, AZ

Posted 04 April 2013 - 07:58 PM

Im deployed right now, so all I can do right now is ask folks if it will fit. I asked MB and all they said was 21' is the length, so I asked again with the boat on the trailer thinking they might not have understood my question and they replied 21' is the LOA with trailer.

It is going to be longer than 21' overall with the swim platform.  With the break-away tongue it usually breaks shorter than the bow itself, so you are essentially at the overall length of the boat. But with the swim platform, or trim tab you will be adding to the 21' length of the hull itself.

Current Boat  | 2014 F22 Tomcat

Previous Boats | 2012 F21 Tomcat, 2007 Nautique 220, 2005 Nautique 210 

#15 steve142

steve142

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationVancouver WA

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:23 PM

Yes i will store it with the platform off and tongue folded. looking at the back of the new trailers, it looks like they extend out a few inches past the boat. My old DHM trailer with removable tongue was actually a tad shorter than the boat on both ends so the trailer was a mute point, not sure what brand trailers MB is using currently. I have heard you can drop the trim/cav plate with 1 bolt. 

#16 MidnightV10

MidnightV10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,657 posts
  • LocationVancouver WA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:40 AM

It seems as though MB uses a couple different trailers and it also seems like the dealers decide what trailer they want packed with their boats. FWIW, the dealer you mentioned in a previous post typically uses CTW trailers. and from my experience albeit mine is a 23' Tomcat sitting on a CTW trailer, there is about 2 inches of trailer sticking out beyond the stern however the tip of the exhaust is the furthest point out with the swim platform off (I don't have a cav plate). The tounge does swing away under the tip of the bow though.

If you can get ahold of the dealer I am sure they would go out and measure one for you.

#17 steve142

steve142

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts
  • LocationVancouver WA

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

MidnightV10, I also live in Vancouver. I talked to that dealer today and sounds like they are going to measure for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users