#1 Shawndoggy

Shawndoggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • Hometown Lake:Pyramid Lake, NV

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:47 AM

For those of you running supplemental bags in your trunks, how do you have your fill lines routed?  My pumps are mounted to the transom, and I've been running up and over the divider wall to the bottom fill port on the rear of the sacks.  Wondering whether it might make more sense to use the hole saw to drill a hole for the hose at the bottom of the divider wall so that the hose can run "flat" on the floor rather than the rainbow arc?

#2 demo9asx

demo9asx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationNorth Vancouver, BC

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:59 AM

SD, I'm in the planning stage and will likely mount the pumps to an aluminum plate just like muckers boat. The way things are looking, I'll likely route the hose to the transom area and go into the bottom part to the divider. Probably just carve out a chunk so the hose can go thru.

#3 SkySki

SkySki

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,269 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:01 AM

I cut a spot on the bottom of the divider for the hoses to run.
2012 MB Sports F21 Tomcat

#4 mxvet

mxvet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • Hometown Lake:Milton Res - Private

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

I run the hoses flat and have the pumps mounted near the vdrive. I also fill the bags using the port towards the front of the boat, so my hoses have a shorter run. Can't say it makes a difference though.

I also added in a 3rd pump on manifold to help fill/drain either of the bags. Works great.
http://www.wakemaker...w-manifold.html

Current:: 2019 B52 23' : 575 Supercharged Roush : Extreme Triple 18" wheels

#5 Shawndoggy

Shawndoggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:40 AM

wave is so long I had to add some extensions to our surf rope!

IMG_6971_zps6bbc72d3.jpg

• Aquaddiction, MidnightMax, mbalsiger and 4 others like this

#6 Mucker626

Mucker626

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts
  • LocationKelso wa
  • Hometown Lake:Mayfield Lake

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:50 AM

SD, I'm in the planning stage and will likely mount the pumps to an aluminum plate just like muckers boat. The way things are looking, I'll likely route the hose to the transom area and go into the bottom part to the divider. Probably just carve out a chunk so the hose can go thru.

I ran my rear bag hoses along the stringers to the transom and didn't have cut my dividers. They slipped rite in between divider and transom wall. I ran port bag hose on starboard stringer and then wrapped around rear of engine. Vice versa with other bag. Nice and clean.

#7 demo9asx

demo9asx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:01 PM

Thanks Mucker. Did you install your hull intake port side-by-side?

I know Mucker use stainless steel plate but I found a scrap 3/8" aluminum plate and gave the guy $20 for it. I assume there is no downside in using aluminum?

#8 demo9asx

demo9asx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:32 PM

While we're on this topic............what size of stainless steel hardware do you guys use to mount the pump?

#9 mxvet

mxvet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:36 PM

wave is so long I had to add some extensions to our surf rope!

IMG_6971_zps6bbc72d3.jpg

That's money! How do you have it weighted and what speed?

#10 WakeDirt

WakeDirt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

SD, on my last boat I had the transom pumps, and drilled a hole to fill through the bottom aft port. Worked perfectly

#11 Shawndoggy

Shawndoggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

That's money! How do you have it weighted and what speed?

1100 rear corner, starboard full, port 1/2, bow sac under seats full till seats just start to pop up, and 150 in lead in the bow (100 on port, 50 on starboard). Speed was 12.5-12.8 (can't remember exactly!).

• mxvet likes this

#12 lunchbox

lunchbox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • LocationNorth Bend
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Entiat aka Columbia River

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:03 PM

Since I am using 2 aerator pumps and one reversible, I only had to mount one pump and I am doing like mucker also. Bought a piece of ss and let me tell you it is a bear to drill through the ss chanel in the boat!

#13 lunchbox

lunchbox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • LocationNorth Bend

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:07 PM

While we're on this topic............what size of stainless steel hardware do you guys use to mount the pump?

I am drilling 7/32 holes and my hardware is one size smaller. Washers and nylock nuts.

#14 demo9asx

demo9asx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:15 PM

Thanks Lunchbox. Kinda figured the SS chanel in the boat will require some effort to drill thru.

I'm torn between mounting the pump like Mucker or take the easier route and mount it to the marine board on the side like mxvet

#15 lunchbox

lunchbox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • LocationNorth Bend

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

Thanks Lunchbox. Kinda figured the SS chanel in the boat will require some effort to drill thru.

I'm torn between mounting the pump like Mucker or take the easier route and mount it to the marine board on the side like mxvet

I would do it once the best way like we are doing it. BELIEVE me I know it's a pia but will be worth it

#16 lunchbox

lunchbox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • LocationNorth Bend

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:44 PM

If you mean the compartment dividers, I wouldn't do that for a few reasons, every time you have to take the dividers out you'll have to disconnect either the pump or the hoses from the pump and the wiring, also with how heavy that pump is I'm not sure how well the plastic will hold up with the constant bouncing of the boat. If you do all your own work dealing with the pump secured to the plastic on the side is not a big deal but when you have to send it into the shop it may be an interesting situation. Some marine shops are great, some hire less than savory characters and charge an exorbitant amount of money for their less then ideal work

#17 demo9asx

demo9asx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:50 PM

I hear ya. Since I already have an aluminum plate to mount the pumps to the ss chanel, I'll go down that route. I'll do most of the work myself (hose routing, pump mounting, wiring) and will likely get my buddy who owns a shop to drill the hull for intake and vents.

#18 lunchbox

lunchbox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • LocationNorth Bend

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:57 PM

I got to be honest drilling the thru holes was very easy. First hole was a little bit nerve-racking but after that no big deal. I already did three in the bottom. I haven't drilled the side holes yet but I will also be drilling three.

Have your buddy drill the stainless steel holes that was soooo tough

#19 mxvet

mxvet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

If you mean the compartment dividers, I wouldn't do that for a few reasons, every time you have to take the dividers out you'll have to disconnect either the pump or the hoses from the pump and the wiring, also with how heavy that pump is I'm not sure how well the plastic will hold up with the constant bouncing of the boat. If you do all your own work dealing with the pump secured to the plastic on the side is not a big deal but when you have to send it into the shop it may be an interesting situation. Some marine shops are great, some hire less than savory characters and charge an exorbitant amount of money for their less then ideal work

I've had zero issues with mounting to the marine board. This is the second mb I've done it on as well.. And I've not had to take the pumps off either, you rarely have to pull those side pieces. Once a year to get to a plug to winterize, and there's enough room to leave the pump on.

A bunch of ways to mount them though, pick which works for you.
  • Shawndoggy likes this

#20 Mucker626

Mucker626

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts
  • LocationKelso wa
  • Hometown Lake:Mayfield Lake

Posted 26 May 2014 - 08:24 PM

Thanks Mucker. Did you install your hull intake port side-by-side?

I know Mucker use stainless steel plate but I found a scrap 3/8" aluminum plate and gave the guy $20 for it. I assume there is no downside in using aluminum?

Starboard. Here's a pic I found. It's taken from the transom

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jabsco, johnson, ballast, surfing, reversible, flo rite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users