• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 GoBigGuy

GoBigGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:16 PM

Bungies are finally shot on my racks, anyone have any good ideas on alternative racks or better replacements for the bungies? Ideally I'd like to replace the racks with something a bit easier to use and something that could fit wake surf board. Thanks in advanced for suggestions/advice.

#2 WakeDirt

WakeDirt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:20 PM

I looked into adding skylons wake/surf combos...but you would have to drill for the screws.  The holes wont line up if you plan on just buying a new set of forks with bungies

#3 Smokinjo

Smokinjo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationGermantown TN

Posted 01 July 2014 - 07:56 PM

Like the Samson triple swivel racks. They are $$$$ though. Well worth it
  • MidnightMax likes this

#4 lagorio3258

lagorio3258

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, Ca
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Anderson

Posted 12 July 2014 - 12:17 AM

I have a 2005 B52 V23. These generic racks worked well. They hold two wakeboards and one wakesurf. Purchased off of eBay. I just switched the forks with the stock ones on the tower. The mounting holes lined up perfectly. No drilling required. Then I sold the old forks with the left over mounting hardware. As far as the bungee...just buy some off of eBay. It is sold by the foot.

Attached Files

#5 GoBigGuy

GoBigGuy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:50 PM

I have a 2005 B52 V23. These generic racks worked well. They hold two wakeboards and one wakesurf. Purchased off of eBay. I just switched the forks with the stock ones on the tower. The mounting holes lined up perfectly. No drilling required. Then I sold the old forks with the left over mounting hardware. As far as the bungee...just buy some off of eBay. It is sold by the foot.

Lagorio, do you have any more detail on the rack you are suggesting? Finally got the boat out last weekend and was reminded I really need to do something about the racks.

#6 Lanzo

Lanzo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:45 PM

Attached File  u36S3JiYRX244lrv2FJU9A_thumb_a2d6.jpg   216.37KB   19 downloadsDoes anyone else have suggestions for Surf Racks that will fit on a 2005 B52?

We are starting to surf more these days and are acquiring more and thicker surfboards that don't fit in the stock racks.

I've found a few on e-bay that look like they might fit if the fork holes would line up correctly.

I'm looking for a rack that would hold 2 surf boards.

#7 Mbski

Mbski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationDixon vacaville

Posted 31 May 2019 - 05:43 AM

Check out Hyperryd Designs.

He is a fellow MB owner.
Is Surf Racks are awesome!!
Take a look!!Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#8 Lanzo

Lanzo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 June 2019 - 08:05 PM

Thanks for the reply, but my tower only has the 1 rear bar.   The 2005 tower doesn't have the front cross bar, so those racks won't work fo me.

#9 MidnightMax

MidnightMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,644 posts
  • LocationVancouver WA
  • Hometown Lake:Columbia River

Posted 04 June 2019 - 09:20 PM

I had a pair of Samson Typhoon Spinning racks on my 2006. The guys at Samson can custom build mounts that fit the old skylon tower. Very solid products!
  • Schlanseay likes this

#10 Mbski

Mbski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationDixon vacaville

Posted 05 June 2019 - 06:03 AM

Thanks for the reply, but my tower only has the 1 rear bar. The 2005 tower doesn't have the front cross bar, so those racks won't work fo me.

Get ahold of Hyperryd on this forum!
He can help you with mounting these racks.
On the sides
The one bar
On the top
Lots of options
Might work!

#11 CTPJ

CTPJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 June 2019 - 11:46 AM

I actually just replaced the bungees on the existing racks. It was pretty simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tower, Rack, Board, B52, V23, 2006

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users