Corpral Tank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSalem Oregon
  • Hometown Lake:Willamette River

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:19 AM

So i am finishing up the deal on my F21 today and tomorrow. I have them throwing in 900LBS of ballast in each rear locker with new hardwired pumps with switches to dash. I am looking at either adding 4 Samson S7s tower speaker or 2 S9s. Any suggestions on the speakers we wakeboard 30% of the time and Surf 70% of the time. 

The dealer loaded up some bags for me to demo the surf on the Port side and it was decent. have some tweaking but will be happy i think. There was a huge rooster tail coming up from the boat almost in face is that a common thing with the MB F21?

Anything else I need to know about the F21 before I finish the deal? Or anything else I should consider adding to boat? 

Will have pics up soon. 

Thanks,

Ben

#2 demo9asx

demo9asx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationNorth Vancouver, BC

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

Does your boat have a trim tab? If it doesnt, that's the culprit for the rooster tail.

There are few threads in the forum where folks installed the aftermarket trim tab which cleans up the wave significantly. Of course if you could get the dealer to include it in your deal, that would be better.

You will likely find the 900 alone for the port side will not be enough unless you have 3 people sitting on the side.

I'm a wetsound guy myself but if i had to choose between the s7 and s9, id go for the s9.

#3 Corpral Tank

Corpral Tank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSalem Oregon

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:42 AM

Thanks! The dealer wants an extra 2k for wake plate. I had wet sounds on my last boat. Loved them my buddy has the Samson 9s and they scream! i also like the 360 rotation and quick disconnect which is standard on the Samsons. Wetsounds charge for that.

The 900 LBS are just to get me started. My boy out at Wakemakers are making custom bags now so we are going to build me 2 customs that go from rear locker all the way up the side of each bag. My big thing was getting dealership to install pumps. 

• demo9asx likes this

#4 steve142

steve142

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:10 AM

2k for the wake plate? Lets just say I think thats about 1,200 too high.

#5 demo9asx

demo9asx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • LocationNorth Vancouver, BC

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:36 AM

Yeah, just do a search and a lot people installed the wake plate for much less than that.

If you're a regular surfer, wake plate is a must unless you like getting a face wash :lol:

#6 Greeko

Greeko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationVancouver, B.C.

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

Yeah, just do a search and a lot people installed the wake plate for much less than that.

If you're a regular surfer, wake plate is a must unless you like getting a face wash :lol:

lol, this is true! I will attest to that! I think It cost me $300 to do it all ... No indication on the dash but pfft I can see it on the wave! Even in the up position it still helps!

2015 Tige Z3 with AVX

Sold:2012 MB Sports F21 Tomcat

#7 SteeleWake

SteeleWake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:41 AM

Bow weight! If you're going to plumb in the rears like that, I think you'll also really want (read: need) a good amount of bow weight. Have them plumb in a front sac under the seats in the front for sure.

#8 Kalamazoo

Kalamazoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • LocationPlainwell, MI
  • Hometown Lake:Gull

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:51 AM

extra 12 outlets.

heater.  will be winter project for me.

I asked for NO built in cooler & very glad I did.

what motor?  if 350, consider 2079 prop for surf.  it's a beast.

+1 on bow weight.

only enough room on stock racks for 2 surfboards.  may want more?

theater lights are nice, but fairly easy DIY also

I wish I could have opted for NO carpet in the lockers (at least the bottoms).  near impossible to dry them out.  seadeck or similar would be great.

spare tire on trailer (murphy's law)

that's all I got...

How many boats do I have to break before I get a good one?

#9 steve142

steve142

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:52 AM

My plate was factory installed, hint hint....

#10 adam4x4

adam4x4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationRichland, Washington
  • Hometown Lake:CA, Delta

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

2079 is a must! Just did mine and could not be happier ! Wish I would have done it years ago. I'm going to add a trim tab this winter or if my wife will let me maybe a new boat. I have 400 hrs on my 2010 witch is not much, but I'm wanting the new surf system if it dose what they are claiming,

It Is What It Is

#11 Corpral Tank

Corpral Tank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSalem Oregon

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:35 AM

Man just finished finalizing everything. So excited. Sold my Supra Launch SSV last night. I have the dealership is doing the 1100 lbs instead of 900 in the rear lockers. I am friends with Wakemakers and they are going to help me get the rest dialed in. We are looking at designing new ballast bags for the hull of the F21. More to follow!

Also Samson is doing the Stereo. I am throwing in a set of 9s and 7s on the tower! 

#12 Corpral Tank

Corpral Tank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSalem Oregon

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

Steve how much did Boat center charge for Plate? i am assuming Ski and boat center?

#13 lunchbox

lunchbox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • LocationNorth Bend
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Entiat aka Columbia River

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

Definitely trim tab is a must

#14 lunchbox

lunchbox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • LocationNorth Bend
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Entiat aka Columbia River

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:09 PM

If you guys are designing some sacs for that boat more power to you. From my experience the X2 bow sack fits more water than the integrated bow sac

#15 KingMatyas

KingMatyas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationSnowflake AZ
  • Hometown Lake:Roosevelt Lake Arizona

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

Make sure they put the inlets and outlets on the sides of the bags instead of the tops.  May help with the seat issues having a completely full integrated bow.

#16 logan91077

logan91077

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

I would go with 4 S9's. Dont mix the s7 with the s9. The 9s tune to 80hz on the crossover, the 7s tune to 120hz. Or my personal preference is 2 surf 9's and 2 HLCD 9's. The horns cost more but are worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#17 logan91077

logan91077

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Locationoregon

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:45 PM

Man just finished finalizing everything. So excited. Sold my Supra Launch SSV last night. I have the dealership is doing the 1100 lbs instead of 900 in the rear lockers. I am friends with Wakemakers and they are going to help me get the rest dialed in. We are looking at designing new ballast bags for the hull of the F21. More to follow!

Also Samson is doing the Stereo. I am throwing in a set of 9s and 7s on the tower!

Im assuming your in Oregon or Washington? If so exile audio is close by ( the samson speakers are made by exile) and exile has been known to give deals when people deal with them directly. Plus the guys down there are top notch people, and can tune your setup to perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 steve142

steve142

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts
  • LocationPNW

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:08 PM

^^^^^^
This. Just ordered a pair of XM9's and a ZLD EQ today from them. Got a great deal, talked to them on the phone. Great to deal with.

#19 Corpral Tank

Corpral Tank

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationSalem Oregon

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:09 PM

For Samson S9s 1100lbs each rear locker still looking at front end weight. picked color tonight should be ready next week! Thanks for the insight. 

#20 13 Tomcat

13 Tomcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationSouthwest Washington
  • Hometown Lake:Mayfield

Posted 24 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

If you guys are designing some sacs for that boat more power to you. From my experience the X2 bow sack fits more water than the integrated bow sac

If you run the X2 bow sack, how much weight do you think you get in there?  Wakemakers shows they hold 690 pounds if you can fill them completely full.  Those compartments are pretty small but I'd really like to get the big sack off that front seat.  I'm thinking If I can integrate something under the seat then I can put a much smaller bag on the floor up there.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: F21, surf, stereo, ballast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users