#1 davidc19971@gmail.com

davidc19971@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Locationlos angeles
  • Hometown Lake:castaic

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:08 PM

Just tested out the new B52 W23 and was not impressed with the surf wake at stock ballast. The site claims it to have 3000lbs. The wave was tiny compared to what I've seen on other boats. How much ballast are you guys running to get a tall and long wave?

#2 oldsmobiledriver

oldsmobiledriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,714 posts
  • LocationAmarillo, TX
  • Hometown Lake:Tanglewood

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:36 AM

Around another 1600 or so. Or order the boat without a surf system and have gosurfassist installed and problem solved.
  • Smokinjo and MBofTexas like this

71 Olds Cutlass, 70 3 door Suburban, 15 Yukon, 2012 F21 Tomcat: Surf Machine!!!
http://i260.photobuc...st/IMG_4360.jpg

#3 KingMatyas

KingMatyas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationSnowflake AZ
  • Hometown Lake:Roosevelt Lake Arizona

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:49 AM

I love all the plugs for GoSurfAssist.

• Shawndoggy, oldsmobiledriver and giesh164 like this

#4 MBofTexas

MBofTexas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationCorinth, TX
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Ray Roberts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:25 PM

Get gosurfassist!!!!😜👍😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Erik

#5 Shawndoggy

Shawndoggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,745 posts
  • Hometown Lake:Pyramid Lake, NV

Posted 07 March 2015 - 07:38 PM

I love all the plugs for GoSurfAssist.

dude makes innovative product in garage, brings to market, posts vids of it actually working.  ahem... more than can be said of MB...

• oldsmobiledriver, Smokinjo, allzway and 1 other like this

#6 MBofTexas

MBofTexas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationCorinth, TX

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:16 PM

Ryan is very customer oriented. He always answers calls and text. I have the system (have not got to use yet) and we still text back and fourth about system and how his business is progressing. Plus I like to harass him telling him his system doesn't work, my tabs are rusting and falling off. He does very clean install plus I had him plumb my ballast.

• allzway likes this
Erik

#7 BMayes

BMayes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:11 PM

Well, I love SurfAssist too!!  

Took my B23 today and surfed for a few hours with my new Surfassist, new 1100s plumbed in, and the wireless controller.  There were just two of us and I didn't get any pictures of us surfing but the wake was awesome.....way bigger, longer, and with more push than my normal(but great) listed wave and with no list.  I couldn't be more stoked with it!!

We did a few transfers while riding, which was cool but I need to get used to it and stopped after getting dumped in the icy(47) water face first a few times,...whew, talk about a brain freeze.

Even better....my friend rides the opposite side and it made it so much easier for us.  Only a few seconds and the other side is ready to ride, no more messing with pumps and bags for 30 minutes to switch sides....plus the wake was better.  It's perfect.

Ran the whole time with tanks full(2300) and both 1100s full.  With the center tab all the way up the bow wouldn't go down and boat wouldn't run above about 9.5mph tops.  As I lowered the middle tab, bow came down and I was able to easily run surf speed.  The one time I ran without Perfect Pass with one of tabs deployed, the auto-retract worked fine.

We didn't try to change anything with adjustability of the tab while on the fly or angled wing on end of tab....the wake was perfect and we were having too much fun on first day to worry about that in the time we had.

I have another 1100 that isn't plumbed and I am going to try it in bow or cockpit next time.....curious to see what it would add to the wake.  If you don't have a center tab, you would probably have to put weight up front to run with the weight and distribution I was running today.

I bought a GoPro and mounts and will try to have it running when I go next week so I don't have to think about taking pics or videos...this early in the season with the cold water it will probably usually be just two of us.

Water was 47 but sort of bearable with 3/2 wetsuit.....I put boat in the slip after being in storage and hope temps stay high enough that I don't have to pull it back out.  I am going to try and start going once a week or so if we have sunny days.   

Pretty cool first day of the season and trial run with the tabs and plumbed in ballast.....just so much better than it was before.  Can't wait for next time.

I even found a blunt nose Soulcraft Honu and 2 new Doomswells to try today.  :-)

As an aside, I had been pushing TXMB so hard for their tabs last year as retrofit on my boat.  I was tired of listing and wanted tabs but love my boat and didn't want a new one or a different brand just to get tabs.  A friend had seen Ryans tabs on a test boat and said they were as good as anything else out there and better than MBs so I called him in December and started bugging him to get them installed.  They went on second week of January.  I am glad I did....the wake is awesome and Ryan and David have been great.

• Shawndoggy, Piper17, The Donfather and 4 others like this

#8 MBofTexas

MBofTexas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationCorinth, TX

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:20 PM

What GoPro and mounts did you opt for?

Erik

#9 Mgigs7

Mgigs7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationCrystal lake, IL
  • Hometown Lake:Pistakee Bay

Posted 08 March 2015 - 10:02 AM

BMayes, get those pics and videos going. I've seen Ryan's videos but want to see this with the weight you have. Thx

• Shawndoggy and oldsmobiledriver like this

#10 BMayes

BMayes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

Erik, I have gopro 3 silver...the big sucton cup mount and a bar mount that I think will work on my tower.
  • MBofTexas likes this

#11 BMayes

BMayes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:38 PM

Mgigs, will get some next time...sorry again. Would like the video also to see if it looks as nice in video as it seems to me.
  • Mgigs7 likes this

#12 allzway

allzway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Hometown Lake:Pat Mayse

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:30 AM

Another plug for SurfAssist..... although I haven't gotten to try it yet.  I picked up the boat this weekend.

Install looks great and works great in the shop. :D

David.. Sorry that doesn't help your situation, but you probably just need to add some additional weight and you should be able to dial in it.  It is so new I don't think many have had a chance to figure it out yet.

#13 mxvet

mxvet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • Hometown Lake:Milton Res - Private

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:05 PM

Another plug for SurfAssist..... although I haven't gotten to try it yet.  I picked up the boat this weekend.

Install looks great and works great in the shop. :D

David.. Sorry that doesn't help your situation, but you probably just need to add some additional weight and you should be able to dial in it.  It is so new I don't think many have had a chance to figure it out yet.

where in TX are they located?

Current:: 2019 B52 23' : 575 Supercharged Roush : Extreme Triple 18" wheels

#14 allzway

allzway

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Hometown Lake:Pat Mayse

Posted 09 March 2015 - 02:25 PM

Wichita Falls

• oldsmobiledriver likes this

#15 Kalamazoo

Kalamazoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts
  • LocationPlainwell, MI
  • Hometown Lake:Gull

Posted 14 March 2015 - 06:51 AM

What do you all think about powder coat or painting the (aluminum) GSA to match transom?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Mgigs7 likes this

How many boats do I have to break before I get a good one?

#16 Mgigs7

Mgigs7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • LocationCrystal lake, IL
  • Hometown Lake:Pistakee Bay

Posted 14 March 2015 - 07:48 AM

What do you all think about powder coat or painting the (aluminum) GSA to match transom?Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would think that would look very good. Or at least black making it look cleaner.

#17 MBofTexas

MBofTexas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • LocationCorinth, TX

Posted 14 March 2015 - 12:46 PM

[quote data-cid='37878' name='Kalamazoo' timestamp='1426341066' post='37878']What do you all think about powder coat or painting the (aluminum) GSA to match transom?

I was thinking the same thing...........
Erik

#18 BMayes

BMayes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 02:56 PM

Powder coat will probably look better but I am thinking about getting black LineX spray on bed liner put on them....the LineX guy looked at them quoted me 125 for all three tabs. He said it would adhere fine to the aluminum.

They would match my boat and I was thinking the LineX would be good surface if my kid's climb and hang on them.

Does anyone have an opinion on using this?

I have a friend who does powder coating....hadn't thought of that but will ask him.

#19 humpjay

humpjay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Locationsouthern Alberta
  • Hometown Lake:oldman (pincher creek)

Posted 23 April 2015 - 01:11 PM

when you tested the stock ballast wave did you have both sides loaded or just starboard or port. I am really interested in the B52 23 I was hoping to not have to fill bags. I was told at the boat show by Mike B himself that I shouldn't have to use extra bags due to the new technology on water displacement.  I am currently running a VLX wakesetter with 300lbs in the nose 400 factory and 700 in the locker, wedge about half way and 300 on the seat when there is just a few of us in the boat and she throws a pretty mean wave. if this is the case I would be further ahead cost wise to go with a 2014 or 2013 model.

#20 Greeko

Greeko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationVancouver, B.C.

Posted 24 April 2015 - 03:52 AM

Stock will work... Adding bags is better!

1100s in each corner seems to be the ticket

2015 Tige Z3 with AVX

Sold:2012 MB Sports F21 Tomcat

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: surf, 2015, b52, w23, ballast, setup, surfsystem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users