Getting a new SoulCraft can't wait!

oboyskibum

I am working on a design of my new soulcraft. I have some rough drawings. It is all top secret. Gonna be super cool. I might order it beginning of year, but I think it will kill me to see it and not be able to ride it. So I might wait to order.

I would wait.  There will be a latest and greatest shape by then and no need to lock yourself into yesterday's technology.

how come the tail is different on the new board??

you know Steve I am glad you asked me this question....I was talking to Jeff about the challenges I was having landing my revert 180's, I just felt like the tail was sticking in the wave so they made a slight design change to the tail of the board and it totally worked!

I used this new design to qualify for worlds so I am stoked for that

Sincerely Jeff Spicoli

• 2 weeks later...

Spent a day this weekend hanging out with Mark and having a great time on the Soulcrafts.

I have a regular Honu and Mark has the newer snub nose Honu.

Jeff changed the tail design on the Honu recently and it definitely has a different feel to it. Not bad just different. 

The one main difference I noticed was that the blunt felt quite a bit slower and not near as lively as my regular.

This weekend I decided to swap out my fins (JC1 Blackstix) onto Mark's blunt (which came with the cheapy white composite fins Q2's I think).  WOW what a difference that made. That blunt Honu really came alive!! felt like a completely different board.

Just to see if it was just a hallucination I put the white fins on my board and rode it for a while. felt slow and lethargic..

I already knew that fins can make a big difference as I had originally ordered my board with the WCT's and did like them but after I switched to the Blackstix I knew I had the right fin.

Point being for any of you out there that either bought a Soulcraft with those composite fins or are thinking of ordering one in the future, you should think about upgrading.

Disclaimer: I am by no means a professional or really know anything about anything but this is what my experience has been and just throwing it out there B)

Oboyskibum -

My board (Standard Honu) is a twin so that is what I am mainly used too.

Marks board (Blunt Honu with the new tail) is a twin with optional twinzers. I have ridden it both ways and prefer riding without the twinzers (just like it a little looser, personal preference)

Saturday I was riding it as a twin switching between the stock fins and the Blackstix. Big difference!

I was looking back on this thread at your board Oboy and was looking at the picture you posted with the 2 black outer and 2 white inner fins. Maybe its just the picture or the lighting but the outer black fins look like they are on the opposite sides. they look like they curve inward instead of outward.

That may have been before I asked Jeff which way they went, because I think I installed them wrong when I put them in the first time. I was so excited to put it together and share a pic I didn't even think about which side the fins went on. After much drooling over the new board (since I couldn't go out until the weekend) it looked wrong so I texted Jeff to verify correct placement. 

• 4 weeks later...

Oboyskibum -

My board (Standard Honu) is a twin so that is what I am mainly used too.

Marks board (Blunt Honu with the new tail) is a twin with optional twinzers. I have ridden it both ways and prefer riding without the twinzers (just like it a little looser, personal preference)

Saturday I was riding it as a twin switching between the stock fins and the Blackstix. Big difference!

I was looking back on this thread at your board Oboy and was looking at the picture you posted with the 2 black outer and 2 white inner fins. Maybe its just the picture or the lighting but the outer black fins look like they are on the opposite sides. they look like they curve inward instead of outward.

Fins make a huge difference for sure!!

You guys should try the new board I picked up from Jeff later this summer. It makes the Fang tail snappyness seem muted....

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

added another soulcraft to my arsenal - JS Pro ::: 3 more months to go #wintersucks

Mxvet- I am ordering s custom JS Pro and am debating on the size 4.6 or 4.7 Jeff said he would go to that length since I was concerned about it being too short. Just wondering what lengths everyone is going with.

Thx- any good answers will help.

6 foot 190

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I rode a smaller board made for 150# guy in nov and had a hard time keeping the nose from pearling.-- but it was a ton of fun.

I went 4'7" based on Jeff's recommendation. I'm 6'2" and 200ish. Haven't rode it yet though :0