Powder Coated Emblem

pakuz_757

We ordered our boat with the "B52" deleted. The boat showed up without the "B52" and the "MB". They sent down the "MB" to have the dealer install it. We took the chance to have it powder coated glossy black before it goes on. The shop down here in Santa Ana did both for $50. I'll post more pics after its on the boat.Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But if the boat was bought without emblems, they would have to drill into the boat to install?

thats correct! I had my emblems powder coated. I had to razor knife each nut. Now way was the carpet pulling back. That was just in the rear lockers. Front emblems were open and easy to get to.

But if the boat was bought without emblems, they would have to drill into the boat to install?

Yeah and normally I'm fine drilling holes in my boat. But when its 9 holes on one piece, 1mm off to the left on one and another mm off to the right on another, you're screwed. I know my limits. I would assume MB is sending my dealer a drilling template or they will be making one themselves.

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked her up. The dealer did a great job mounting the logos with no template.

Looks night & day better! Great job!!!!

I would recommend powdering the "swoosh" on the tower as well. That would look good. There's also a lot of other pieces I'm sure you can get coated :-D

Just picked her up. The dealer did a great job mounting the logos with no template.

Looks night & day better! Great job!!!!

I would recommend powdering the "swoosh" on the tower as well. That would look good. There's also a lot of other pieces I'm sure you can get coated :-D

I haven't looked yet, how hard is it to remove the swoosh? Comes out with breakdown the tower?