2013 b52 23 fuses

Searched around, didn't find a thread & don't see it in the owners manual.  My shaft seal blew its wad, with a whopping 3 hours put on it since I've had it....but the trim plate stopped working, I assume when everything got drenched it may have blown a fuse, hopefully that's it.  I couldn't find the fuse box location, can one of you fine upstanding members of this site point me to its location?  While we're at it, if it isn't a fuse, where else should I be looking?

If i remember right there is a 5 amp fuse for the Cav plate under the observer seat along the wall by the walk thru. Looking inside towards the front of the boat on the right.

Would water in the bilge cause the cav plate to blow a fuse? 

I would have to look at my boat to see where the junction is.  I would assume it is a 2 wire set up. You can always follow the wire into the boat and slit open the sheathing and take a look in the wires in there and either use a probe or carefully cut the insulation parallel to the wire itself to expose the copper. When you put it back together you can use liquid electrical tape to seal it back up, and then electrical tape it on top of that. You can also test it at the switch and split the circuit. That will only tell you if have voltage up to the switch though. I don't have a wiring diagram so I am not sure if its a load to ground or switch to ground. You will always have voltage to your first open in the circuit on the b+ side. I know this post is way longer than it should be. So I would strip the insulation of the actuator wiring on the boat side and see if its a two wire and test for power and ground there. If you have power it is the actuator, 99%, I won't get into the 1% now. If you don't, test for power coming out of the switch. You can also swap switches and eliminate that as a cause.  

As of now the fuse box in the observers cab does not have lenco, it has all the ballast tanks & surf assist identified but that's it.  I looked under the dash, from the trim switch it goes to a Lenco box mounted up high on the foot panel where the heater outlet is.  I gotta run to work.  Need to get the seal adjusted so I can use the boat tomorrow, first nice weekend in weeks & it's down!  This sucks

I actually found it. They couldn't find power at the switch, I remebered the only thing different we did was not turn on the stereo accessorie so we turned that on viola. Feeling stupid. They're fixing the seal now....

I actually found it. They couldn't find power at the switch, I remebered the only thing different we did was not turn on the stereo accessorie so we turned that on viola. Feeling stupid. They're fixing the seal now....

So the cav plate is wired as a slave to the stereo accessory switch?  That should probably be changed.

You can wire it to a switched circuit that is hot with key on. 

hmmm.... I'm not familiar with how that lenco brain box works.  But something would need to have power with key off wouldn't it?  Because key off is when the tab auto retracts?  I dunno whether that would have anything to do with the switch itself tho (i.e should switch still work/does switch need to be energized for lenco brain to initiate auto retract)?

hmmm.... I'm not familiar with how that lenco brain box works.  But something would need to have power with key off wouldn't it?  Because key off is when the tab auto retracts?  I dunno whether that would have anything to do with the switch itself tho (i.e should switch still work/does switch need to be energized for lenco brain to initiate auto retract)?

Good call, I forgot about the auto retract. I am assuming there is a relay inside that box, that would allow it to know when to auto retract with the power off . 

Shawn, why do you suggest getting the hot off that switch?   

Maybe I'm misunderstanding?  I thought that you are saying that the trim tab doesn't work unless the stereo switch is on?  I mean I guess that that's fine if you know that, but it seems like that's not how someone would expect things to work.  If it were me I think I'd just wire it to be constantly hot when the battery switch is on.  That seems like a more logical setup.