#1 Deisj67

Deisj67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 May 2016 - 10:07 PM

I've searched all forums, and everything relating to goofy surf side applies to B52 and I've tried mostly everything but finding a deeper lake and adding more passengers. My regular side wake is long, tall and clean. My goofy side is about half as long, tall and tough to clean up. Here is my setup:

Full factory ballast, 2800 lbs
Full PnP, 800 lbs/side, have tested with leaking off non surf side as well as running PnP less full
GSA at 100%, have tested with less
Cav plate between 70-80%, have tested everything else
GSA secondary tabs between 15-20 %, have tried less % but never different setup between port and starboard
Speed - 10.6 - 11.4 mph, 11.2 being best
Prop 2079
Passengers 2-3
Water depth 10-18 feet

My regular wave with these settings is incredible, unfortunately my skills still require me to remain Goofy, please help!!!!! Also looking for a decent starting point for the wakeboarders that come out? Full factory ballast and play with Cav plate??

#2 bagger103

bagger103

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationManteca
  • Hometown Lake:delta. Lake Tulloch. Don pedro

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:58 PM

I have the same problem. The best I've come up with is
Full ballast and plug n play
Trim tab 65%
Gsa tab between 70-80%
And have also drained a little off the non surf side
Good thing for me is I'm regular n that wave is great

#3 Mgigs7

Mgigs7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationCrystal lake, IL
  • Hometown Lake:Pistakee Bay

Posted 27 May 2016 - 07:15 PM

Let more water out of reg side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • The Donfather likes this

#4 Revved

Revved

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationNorth Dallas
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Ray Roberts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 05:01 AM

So funny how everyone of these boats seems to be different. I've hijacked a thread in the wake surf area working through issues getting my '16 F22 setup but my wave is pretty consistent side to side but fully tanked and bagged I can't get on plane. Any use of the center tab and it slows me down. Ive picked up a bag to throw more weight in the bow this weekend and see how it behaves. Keep us updated on your trouble shooting
-Sean

#5 Deisj67

Deisj67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 May 2016 - 10:54 AM

Yup, I'm sure elevation, prop and water depth all contribute to the differences as well! I'll keep plugging away and am sure like most, will update once dialed in.....

#6 Racer808

Racer808

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationDenver
  • Hometown Lake:All over

Posted 30 May 2016 - 06:38 AM

I'm at 5200' and can surf fine fully loaded with GSA on reg side but can't get past 10mph on the goofy side. Seems so strange to me.

#7 oldsmobiledriver

oldsmobiledriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts
  • LocationAmarillo, TX
  • Hometown Lake:Tanglewood

Posted 30 May 2016 - 07:18 AM

Must have something to do with the tab catching the prop wash and slowing the boat more than surfing reg.
  • Racer808 likes this

71 Olds Cutlass, 70 3 door Suburban, 16 Tahoe LTZ, 2012 F21 Tomcat: Surf Machine!!!
http://i260.photobuc...st/IMG_4360.jpg

#8 Racer808

Racer808

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 30 May 2016 - 08:51 AM

Must have something to do with the tab catching the prop wash and slowing the boat more than surfing reg.

I can live with it, most everyone in my crew is reg foot.  We have two not so good surfers on goofy but even listed goofy didn't seem so good.  

So funny how everyone of these boats seems to be different. I've hijacked a thread in the wake surf area working through issues getting my '16 F22 setup but my wave is pretty consistent side to side but fully tanked and bagged I can't get on plane. Any use of the center tab and it slows me down. Ive picked up a bag to throw more weight in the bow this weekend and see how it behaves. Keep us updated on your trouble shooting

What prop are you running?

#9 meyerbc81

meyerbc81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationFrisco, TX
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Lewisville

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:38 AM

I've searched all forums, and everything relating to goofy surf side applies to B52 and I've tried mostly everything but finding a deeper lake and adding more passengers. My regular side wake is long, tall and clean. My goofy side is about half as long, tall and tough to clean up. Here is my setup:

Full factory ballast, 2800 lbs
Full PnP, 800 lbs/side, have tested with leaking off non surf side as well as running PnP less full
GSA at 100%, have tested with less
Cav plate between 70-80%, have tested everything else
GSA secondary tabs between 15-20 %, have tried less % but never different setup between port and starboard
Speed - 10.6 - 11.4 mph, 11.2 being best
Prop 2079
Passengers 2-3
Water depth 10-18 feet

My regular wave with these settings is incredible, unfortunately my skills still require me to remain Goofy, please help!!!!! Also looking for a decent starting point for the wakeboarders that come out? Full factory ballast and play with Cav plate??

Try less internal ballast and full PnP, so more weight is in the back. 

I would also suggest the cave plate below 50%, but that's easy to play with. 

I cannot remember exactly, but the GSA tab when fully deployed should be around 10-13 degree down and the 2nd tab another 10 degrees from the main tab. You can download an app on your phone to check the degrees, and use the boat as your zero point. 

Hope this works or helps. 

#10 Racer808

Racer808

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 03 June 2016 - 09:57 AM

I cannot remember exactly, but the GSA tab when fully deployed should be around 10-13 degree down and the 2nd tab another 10 degrees from the main tab. You can download an app on your phone to check the degrees, and use the boat as your zero point.

you deploy both gsa tabs?  (EDIT:  Never mind, forgot they have that adjustable tab) I'm still messing with mine but found the gate knobs half turn counter clock wise seems best. Going to try less internal ballast and less bow weight this weekend, see what happens.

#11 hitnrun

hitnrun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationNorCal
  • Hometown Lake:Berryessa

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:17 AM

Interesting, I find on my 16 F22 that the goofy wave is better than the normal! Ha. I run a Acme 1617 prop in Lake Berreyssa (50-300'+ depth) I didn't know depth of the lake would effect the wave!?

I have no GSA/switch surf on my boat (installing the newest wave control from wakemakers next week tho!!!!!!!!!) 

I also have 400# of lead weight in the rear lockers. What works best for me, without any GSA is:

Full ballast on the surf side, half full or less on the other, 9.2-10.7 mph with a slight turn of the wheel into the side that is listed. I move the lead weights to the side the surfer is on. I hardly have any bow weight and usually 5 people in the boat. The center tab/cavitation plate is between 50-75%

We get a HUGE wave and have had the boat get swamped, front AND rear, when they turn around to pick me up. I am usually always the driver, so I have to do a better job of training these folks to drive out of the way or my boat will be sunk one day! 

I also noticed that the wave for us worked better going down stream in the river, with the current. Weird stuff, but will probably be all different with new Wave control setup. We shall see.

Audaces Fortuna Iuvat

#12 Deisj67

Deisj67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 June 2016 - 09:07 PM

Can I fill PnP with less internal ballast? I was under the impression that PnP filled internal first if it wasn't full before it filled bags... I surfed all weekend, great push but no length! Was right close to swim platform entire time, even tried a different prop, 2701 instead of my factory 2079

#13 oldsmobiledriver

oldsmobiledriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts
  • LocationAmarillo, TX

Posted 07 June 2016 - 04:22 AM

How fast were you going? Add a little speed and that will firm it up and give you some length to the wave.

71 Olds Cutlass, 70 3 door Suburban, 16 Tahoe LTZ, 2012 F21 Tomcat: Surf Machine!!!

#14 Deisj67

Deisj67

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:16 PM

I've gone as fast as 11.6 with no change in length

#15 oldsmobiledriver

oldsmobiledriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts
  • LocationAmarillo, TX

Posted 08 June 2016 - 04:15 AM

I know slappers are a different animal but I surf 11.5-12 and my other buddy that has spent years surfing little difficult Waves loves surfing my boat 12.5-13 and he rides it 15 ft + on a good firm wave
  • hitnrun likes this

#16 adam4x4

adam4x4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • LocationRichland, Washington
  • Hometown Lake:CA, Delta

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:54 AM

In my 23 , 11.8-12.0 mph is the sweet spot that we found.

It Is What It Is

#17 meetloaf13

meetloaf13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSE Idaho
  • Hometown Lake:Ririe Reservoir

Posted 08 October 2017 - 07:27 AM

Necro post :)

What elevation you at?

You ever get this figured out?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#18 OrangeTJ

OrangeTJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA
  • Hometown Lake:Folsom Lake

Posted 08 October 2017 - 08:21 PM

On my boat (16 F22), we kind of hit the jackpot this weekend when we upped the speed to 12 mph.  Full hard tanks, about 500 in each PNP bag, about 600 - 650 in the bow, no cav plate deployment.  Wave was longer than it has ever been on the goofy side but stayed steep and powerful.  Really the first time we've had what I would call a truly good goofy wave.  We've had plenty of useable waves on that side, but never one that made my goofy-riding friend applaud it!  Fun stuff.

• oldsmobiledriver and meetloaf13 like this

#19 oldsmobiledriver

oldsmobiledriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,737 posts
  • LocationAmarillo, TX

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:36 PM

Pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#20 OrangeTJ

OrangeTJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA
  • Hometown Lake:Folsom Lake

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:53 AM

The pic I took doesn't really do it justice as I took it while the rider was somewhat forward on the wave, but here you go.

Attached Files

• oldsmobiledriver likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users