• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 zakloosle

zakloosle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:46 PM

Has anyone had any issues with the baffles in their hard tanks breaking, laying down and floating around? Mine has been broken for sometime. Kind of worried it may cause more issues?? Where is the ballast tank level sensor? Could it get wiped out? Would this be covered under warranty? Doesn't MB have a lifetime hull warranty?

#2 MidnightMax

MidnightMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,638 posts
  • LocationVancouver WA
  • Hometown Lake:Columbia River

Posted 20 June 2016 - 08:56 AM

I have heard of a few instances of the baffles breaking loose inside the tank.

The sensor is located under the carpet at approximately the mid point of the tank. If you feel around in the locker you can feel it under the carpet.

I would think that yes the baffle could knock it around and damage it at some point. Not really sure how you would fix it short of cutting open the lid/top of the tank and re- fiberglassing the baffle back in and then re fibergalssing the top of the tank. 

Other than potential damage to the sensor I dont think it will hurt anything else though and IMO loosing the sensor would probably not be the end of the world as they are kind of hit and miss as far as accuracy anyway.

However I do understand that it sucks to have something broke or not functioning so it might be worth a call to MB to see what they can do.

My .02

here is a pic of the baffles for reference

Attached File  PICT0520A.jpg   80.18KB   4 downloads

here is a pic of the top of the sensor under the carpet for reference

Attached File  IMG_1261.JPG   111.73KB   4 downloads

• The Donfather and Revved like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ballast

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users