DocPhil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Hometown Lake:Sanford

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

Looking for the consensus best wakeboard wake on the MBs. Year doesn't matter.  How slow does the F22 stay clean?

#2 mxvet

mxvet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • Hometown Lake:Milton Res - Private

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:21 AM

On my 2016 B52 23', we have to weight or shift ppl to the side you want to be clean under 20MPH. 

• Shawndoggy and B_RAD like this

2016 B52 23' : 6.2L Raptor 440 : GSA TABS : 2937@.105cup

Exile Audio : Extreme Trailer 18" Wheels Nitto Tires

#3 cheese224

cheese224

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationWhite Lake Twp, MI
  • Hometown Lake:Pontiac Lake

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:49 AM

Looking for the consensus best wakeboard wake on the MBs. Year doesn't matter.  How slow does the F22 stay clean?

i have a 2014 F22.  with the stock 1800 pound ballast, i get a clean wake anywhere from 21-22.5 mph (no one in my crew goes faster than that typically).  below 21, it gets washed out with ballast.  without ballast, i can get a clean wake down to 18 mph or so with a 60 ft rope.

#4 DocPhil

DocPhil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Hometown Lake:Sanford

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:50 AM

Thank you guys.  F22 might be the way to go.  I would probably run the kids at 18 mph with no ballast so that works

#5 AZ_MB

AZ_MB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • Hometown Lake:Saguaro & Canyon Lake

Posted 02 August 2017 - 02:25 PM

You should be fine with any of the MB models.  Because of the deep V hull, you'll need to keep the weight balanced.  Rather than ask passengers to move around, I just keep the tank on the lighter side about 1/4-1/2 full.  Once you're at ridding speed, just open the gate until the wake cleans up and then close it.  I pull kids and beginners like this all the time.

• Jake (((O))) likes this

2013 B52 21'

#6 Shawndoggy

Shawndoggy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts
  • Hometown Lake:Pyramid Lake, NV

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:35 PM

The "clean wake" thing is a bit of a red herring (and it's a drum I've beat a lot in the past).

For kids, it just doesn't matter unless and until your kid is jumping the wake both ways.  For the sort of casual riding most littles do, having the wake clean on one side or the other is just fine.  And it's not like the wake can't be crossed on the washy side, you just can't really jump from that side.  

There just aren't that many people going wake to wake both ways at 18.  

• MidnightMax and soonerbilly like this

#7 soonerbilly

soonerbilly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationGA
  • Hometown Lake:Sinclair

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:28 AM

^^^^It's just an aesthetic thing for pics....cant have a washed out wake pic....all the peeps will give you hell on these forums....that would be just ASKING for all the negativity comments.    But I agree shawn, not many slow speed beginners need a clean wake they're doing well to just ride, and are usually SCARED to go outside the wake anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users