Broken Towers

Racer808

Anyone know if the 2017 and up tower can’t go on in place of the old tower? I think that would be the best resolution for MB to retro fit that tower... they look like pretty much the same style of mounting base design. If the old design is flawed I really would not want to patch it and hope for better results

42 minutes ago, Idavis said:

Anyone know if the 2017 and up tower can’t go on in place of the old tower? I think that would be the best resolution for MB to retro fit that tower... they look like pretty much the same style of mounting base design. If the old design is flawed I really would not want to patch it and hope for better results

No you would need to patch, cut, reinforce hull & mount new tower.   Mid 14 they fixed the design flaw of the tower, just slight tweaks to the tubing were made & it made the tower solid.   I believe the new tower is also around $7k-$8k? 

Okay I think mine is a later 2014 f22 so maybe I won’t have the tower issue but I know I have the all round tubing and my buddy’s 2015 b52 has an oval shape to the tubing which I would think is the redesign tubing? Man I do love the new tower but for 8k that’s not going to happen anytime soon 

5 hours ago, Idavis said:

Okay I think mine is a later 2014 f22 so maybe I won’t have the tower issue but I know I have the all round tubing and my buddy’s 2015 b52 has an oval shape to the tubing which I would think is the redesign tubing? Man I do love the new tower but for 8k that’s not going to happen anytime soon 

Yep the oval was the redesign.  It might be easier to talk to a machine shop / welder about supporting it before it breaks?  Get ahead of the problem.

Don't quote me on the new tower cost, I just know they're expensive & would require work to reinforce the hull.  Def can't just bolt one on

• 2 months later...