saylor1322

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMI
  • Hometown Lake:Lambertville

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:10 PM

I want to add a heater to my 16 F22 any suggestions on what to put in? 

#2 oldsmobiledriver

oldsmobiledriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,276 posts
  • LocationAmarillo, TX
  • Hometown Lake:Tanglewood

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:14 PM

Three hot tubes for the front unit for the driver and observer seat area, a two tube under the rear center seat, a circulation pump and of course all heatercraft. And then of course a few blankets to wrap up in and shove the hot tubes in and 💥 suddenly it’s a party!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • The Donfather, Kalamazoo and Birddog7.62 like this

71 Olds Cutlass, 70 3 door Suburban, 15 X5 Sport pkg, 2012 F21 Tomcat: Surf Machine!!!
http://i260.photobuc...st/IMG_4360.jpg

#3 saylor1322

saylor1322

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:35 PM

Three hot tubes for the front unit for the driver and observer seat area, a two tube under the rear center seat, a circulation pump and of course all heatercraft. And then of course a few blankets to wrap up in and shove the hot tubes in and suddenly it’s a party!!!

So your suggesting something like this?

https://heatercraft....ucts/360-series

I was hoping to do it a little more economical than that? 

#4 Kalamazoo

Kalamazoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationPlainwell, MI
  • Hometown Lake:Gull

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:50 PM

I had 2 triples & 42000 btu's. good stuff. circ pump a must.

• oldsmobiledriver likes this

How many boats do I have to break before I get a good one?

#5 Hondatech117

Hondatech117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • LocationWest Bend, WI
  • Hometown Lake:BIg Cedar

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:52 PM

So your suggesting something like this?

https://heatercraft....ucts/360-series

I was hoping to do it a little more economical than that? 

Cmon! Those are the joys of being a boat owner, every damn thing is expensive! How many vents are you looking to do, is the Sport kit not going to cut it for you? I have 2 outlets on mine, one for the driver and one for the occupants, I never open my vent and the other one I plug into a blanket for 2-3 people to use. Usually if it is cold enough to put the heater on, I don't have more than 2-3 people volunteering to go. This is the blanket I use...

https://www.bakesonl...ok-up-5-x7.html

The I am usually out on the water as soon as the ice comes off and put it away really late, Thanksgiving or later.

I also found that lending my Snap-On and Milwaukee heated jacket increases morale with the ladies. 

• oldsmobiledriver likes this

#6 Hondatech117

Hondatech117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • LocationWest Bend, WI

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:54 PM

I had 2 triples & 42000 btu's. good stuff. circ pump a must.

I guess it would depend on how often the OP plans to idle around. I don't have a circ pump and never had any issues. If you are going on booze cruises or have a lot of No Wake areas I could see it, but when we are out we are usually on the loud pipe getting in as much ride time as possible. If you don't decide to go with the circ pump initially and decide it is needed, it is easy to add. 

#7 saylor1322

saylor1322

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:56 PM

Cmon! Those are the joys of being a boat owner, every damn thing is expensive! How many vents are you looking to do, is the Sport kit not going to cut it for you? I have 2 outlets on mine, one for the driver and one for the occupants, I never open my vent and the other one I plug into a blanket for 2-3 people to use. Usually if it is cold enough to put the heater on, I don't have more than 2-3 people volunteering to go. This is the blanket I use...

https://www.bakesonl...ok-up-5-x7.html

The I am usually out on the water as soon as the ice comes off and put it away really late, Thanksgiving or later. 

That is awesome I need to look into one of those blankets if I do this.  Im not sure how many vents Im thinking at least 4 one for me two for the back bench area and one for the seat up by the glove box.  

#8 Hondatech117

Hondatech117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • LocationWest Bend, WI

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:00 PM

That is awesome I need to look into one of those blankets if I do this.  Im not sure how many vents Im thinking at least 4 one for me two for the back bench area and one for the seat up by the glove box.  

If you are a DIY'er, you can skip the captains heater and take your driver's seat apart and add a heated seat element. When you ordered the boat it was a 200 option I think, after delivery I believe it was a 800 retrofit, you can buy a aftermarket seat heater element for under a 100, if you really wanted to make her happy you could do the observers seat too.

#9 saylor1322

saylor1322

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:02 PM

Also intresting I just pulled that blanket up on my computer and my phone at the computer website it comes up as $150 and on my phone it comes up as 109, same blanket? 

#10 Hondatech117

Hondatech117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • LocationWest Bend, WI

Posted 14 March 2018 - 01:26 PM

Also intresting I just pulled that blanket up on my computer and my phone at the computer website it comes up as $150 and on my phone it comes up as 109, same blanket? 

I paid 150 

#11 jtryon

jtryon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationCT
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Zoar

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:57 AM

I guess it would depend on how often the OP plans to idle around. I don't have a circ pump and never had any issues. If you are going on booze cruises or have a lot of No Wake areas I could see it, but when we are out we are usually on the loud pipe getting in as much ride time as possible. If you don't decide to go with the circ pump initially and decide it is needed, it is easy to add. 

what is the difference between using a circ pump and using a wye barb off the return line going to the heater?  more flow=more heat?

#12 Kalamazoo

Kalamazoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationPlainwell, MI
  • Hometown Lake:Gull

Posted 15 March 2018 - 07:35 AM

what is the difference between using a circ pump and using a wye barb off the return line going to the heater? more flow=more heat?

idle rpms may not move enough fluid to generate enough heat. Pump also allows for heat with engine off.

• jtryon likes this

How many boats do I have to break before I get a good one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users