Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Locationutah
  • Hometown Lake:rockport, jordanell, deercreek, echo

Posted 01 May 2018 - 12:34 PM

Hey all,

Im looking at a ronix band wagon(purely off the cool look lol)

my son is 100 lbs and i am 170. There is a 136 cm length and a 144 cm length available, 

which one should i choose? 

#2 The Donfather

The Donfather

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,474 posts
  • LocationMillbrae, Ca
  • Hometown Lake:The Delta. Orwood Marina

Posted 02 May 2018 - 05:47 AM

I rode a 144 bandwagon when they first came out. Personal I did not like it. It seemed real slow to me. Felt like It was dragging.

Try to find someone with one he can try first.

That being said. I come from a different wakeboard background. I rode wakeskates way back when. So I like a really slippery loose feel board. That is why I rode Company when they were around. Now I have ridden s
Slingshot for years. I am currently riding Slingshot Nomad since it came out and love it. Oh and I ride it finless
  • bloodiestcadaver likes this

Aka " DonSeas"

#3 breakz77

breakz77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 633 posts
  • LocationDiscovery Bay
  • Hometown Lake:Dirty D

Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:28 AM

Hey all,

Im looking at a ronix band wagon(purely off the cool look lol)

my son is 100 lbs and i am 170. There is a 136 cm length and a 144 cm length available, 

which one should i choose? 

You'll need 2 boards with the big of a difference in your weight. The 136 will be to small for 170#. You'll sink in to the water more and there will be a lot of drag.

I don't really know the Ronix brand but if you have a budget let me know and I can help you find something.

If you're going to the MB meet up in Shasta let me know. I'm sure I have something that would work for your son I would forward on :)

It's not what you land.. it's how big you go

#4 bloodiestcadaver

bloodiestcadaver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Locationutah

Posted 02 May 2018 - 09:29 AM

Yea, Im impatient and ended up buying the 144 this morning lol, and it looks huge and way advanced for me. But Ive only wakeboarded a  few times, so i feel like i wont really notice a difference. 

When i researched online a few folks said bigger is better when learning in terms of ease of getting up out of the water. If the bindings are too wide of a stance for my son i will probably just end up getting him a different one.

To be honest I only wanted it because i liked the graphic on it lol. Im basic

Thanks guys! I'll review it when i get to use it. 

#5 garys929

garys929

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationBrentwood, Ca.
  • Hometown Lake:The Delta - Bullards Bar

Posted 03 May 2018 - 07:37 AM

Here a couple of good videos on select wakeboards and bindings. I would say the most important person you get the correct fit for is your son. You don't want him to get frustrated and not have a great time on the water. Recently we were out with a family trying to get their son ready for his first WWA Wakeboard competition. The board he was riding on was way too big for him and you could see how frustrating it was just landing a simple trick. We switched out his board and saw an immediate improvement in his riding! Ronix makes some of the best boards out there but it's important to find the correct fit with both the board and the bindings. 

One last recommendation is to see if you can find a local wakeboarding school or camp. Here in California one of the best choices is West Coast Camps (link Below).

Have a great summer! Let me know if you have any questions.

https://youtu.be/CDuOvdQ9AkQ?t=3

http://westcoastcamps.com/

#6 bloodiestcadaver

bloodiestcadaver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • Locationutah

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:16 AM

Thanks gary,

Yea this board i got was the 144 may be too big for me according to this video. I just liked the way it looked lol. I will definitely be getting the boy his own after picking up this bandwagon ronix. Its huge and really wide. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users