Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationSnohomish
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Stevens

Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:04 AM

Surfstyle,

Im an intermediate rider looking to advance this year, 360's, some airs would be cool, want a board that is easily pump driven. Fast but forgiving so I can recover from way back. My boys at NWBS say the Voodoo is the way to go. What do you guy like? the secret weapon looks pretty dope and so does the da honu.

#2 mxvet

mxvet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • Hometown Lake:Milton Res - Private

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:01 AM

I love the da honu. Also have the jspro, which maneuvers really well but not as fast as the da honu for me. Fins play a huge role in the behavior of the board.

would love to demo more of Jeffs boards. I'd suggest demo before pulling the trigger.

• Birddog7.62 likes this

2016 B52 23' : 6.2L Raptor 440 : GSA TABS : 2937@.105cup

Exile Audio : Extreme Trailer 18" Wheels Nitto Tires

#3 Birddog7.62

Birddog7.62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationSnohomish

Posted 06 June 2018 - 11:13 AM

I'd love nothing more than demoing their boards but the nearest dealer to me is NWBS, which is 200 miles one way.

#4 dakota4ce

dakota4ce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationSE SD
  • Hometown Lake:Okoboji IA

Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:02 PM

I have Voodoo. A Sweet Sweet machine. Fastest down the line I have ever felt. I .really. dig it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • sand2snow, jbb22 and Birddog7.62 like this

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas.

2013 F24 Black Tomcat with Wavecontrol GSA

#5 Tbag

Tbag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationPNW
  • Hometown Lake:Sawyer

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:19 PM

I also have the voodoo on recommendation from Brian at NWBS. If you buy a Soulcraft throw cheapo fins in the trash and buy the Rob Machado fins - board is really light and fast - lovr it.
My next board (I collect surfboards like women collect jewelry) will be a voodoo shape with another inch or so of nose rocker.
  • sand2snow and Birddog7.62 like this

#6 dakota4ce

dakota4ce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationSE SD

Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:04 PM

I also have the voodoo on recommendation from Brian at NWBS. If you buy a Soulcraft throw cheapo fins in the trash and buy the Rob Machado fins - board is really light and fast - lovr it.

My next board (I collect surfboards like women collect jewelry) will be a voodoo shape with another inch or so of nose rocker.

I am running Andos and about to try Solus. With Nubsters in the back. 😍😍

The Andos fly!

• Tbag and Birddog7.62 like this

#7 sand2snow

sand2snow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:59 PM

Soulcraft Jeff came to our Grand Opening party this passed Friday. Any Soulcraft is amazing on the water. Jeff said Voodoo's are hot and so is the Secret Weapon. He said he's had many Secret Weapon orders as of late. The Keenan is new and more expensive. He said it took him and Keenan awhile to get the surf Keenan dialed. It's dialed now. He said they nailed the Skim Keenan much faster than the surf Keenan. I have a 4'8" Keenan but have yet to ride it. (It's ready. Viscus for front pad, Soulcraft kick pad for the rear. Just no time to ride, too busy selling and fixing boats :) I have yet to ride the LibTech Air'N as well. Haven't surfed yet this year...Boo...

The Super AV is a hot seller for the ladies. 

I've ridden and sold Soulcrafts for awhile. In this lineage the Honu came out first, followed by the Da Honu, then tweaked for the HC Pro, then when HC left Soulcraft, Jeff tweaked it again for the Voodoo. I helped him design the Voodoo so I might be biased. Originally it was going to be named the Plan B but that name was scrapped for the Voodoo partially named after Voodoo Donuts here in Portland. 

The Secret Weapon is a fun board, I love pumping it with my front foot. It tracks better with the rear fangs too, but I prefer the speed and tail of the Voodoo for pop off the wake. Who knows the Keenan might be my new favorite tho ?!? Machados are my fin of choice with Chaos trailers.

• Tbag likes this

#8 Pnwrider

Pnwrider

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationPnw

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:24 AM

I'd love nothing more than demoing their boards but the nearest dealer to me is NWBS, which is 200 miles one way.

The mastercraft dealer in Redmond is a soul craft dealer now. Really reasonable prices on their blanks too.

#9 Birddog7.62

Birddog7.62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationSnohomish

Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:57 AM

The mastercraft dealer in Redmond is a soul craft dealer now. Really reasonable prices on their blanks too.

thanks for the info on this, just spent 30 mins on the phone with Kevin over there. dude knows his shit!!

#10 Birddog7.62

Birddog7.62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationSnohomish

Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:40 PM

just picked up the secret weapon!!!

#11 jdz

jdz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationLake Havasu City
  • Hometown Lake:Havasu

Posted 10 October 2018 - 10:38 AM

How do you like it?

#12 Birddog7.62

Birddog7.62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationSnohomish

Posted 23 October 2018 - 08:29 AM

I love it, its a wild child. its incredibly responsive, very sensitive to foot placement. Its like riding a semi wild horse. Great board.

• hot4teach likes this

#13 hot4teach

hot4teach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationMilwaukie, OR
  • Hometown Lake:Willamette River

Posted 23 October 2018 - 12:01 PM

I talked to Jeff and he suggested the Da Hanu or VooDoo. Maybe Santa will be good to me this year.

#14 Birddog7.62

Birddog7.62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationSnohomish

Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:23 PM

when I stop buying mitch's castoffs,Im going to buy a voodoo

• oldsmobiledriver likes this

#15 dakota4ce

dakota4ce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationSE SD

Posted 23 October 2018 - 04:56 PM

I cast off a VooDoo earlier this summer!

• oldsmobiledriver likes this

#16 oldsmobiledriver

oldsmobiledriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,349 posts
  • LocationAmarillo, TX
  • Hometown Lake:Tanglewood

Posted 23 October 2018 - 07:25 PM

Yeah he did! ^ lol, β€œyou’re gonna have to be quicker than that!” πŸ˜‚

71 Olds Cutlass, 70 3 door Suburban, 15 X5 Sport pkg, 2012 F21 Tomcat: Surf Machine!!!
http://i260.photobuc...st/IMG_4360.jpg

#17 jbb22

jbb22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Tyler

Posted 24 October 2018 - 06:39 AM

Soulcraft Jeff came to our Grand Opening party this passed Friday. Any Soulcraft is amazing on the water. Jeff said Voodoo's are hot and so is the Secret Weapon. He said he's had many Secret Weapon orders as of late. The Keenan is new and more expensive. He said it took him and Keenan awhile to get the surf Keenan dialed. It's dialed now. He said they nailed the Skim Keenan much faster than the surf Keenan. I have a 4'8" Keenan but have yet to ride it. (It's ready. Viscus for front pad, Soulcraft kick pad for the rear. Just no time to ride, too busy selling and fixing boats :) I have yet to ride the LibTech Air'N as well. Haven't surfed yet this year...Boo...

The Super AV is a hot seller for the ladies. 

I've ridden and sold Soulcrafts for awhile. In this lineage the Honu came out first, followed by the Da Honu, then tweaked for the HC Pro, then when HC left Soulcraft, Jeff tweaked it again for the Voodoo. I helped him design the Voodoo so I might be biased. Originally it was going to be named the Plan B but that name was scrapped for the Voodoo partially named after Voodoo Donuts here in Portland. 

The Secret Weapon is a fun board, I love pumping it with my front foot. It tracks better with the rear fangs too, but I prefer the speed and tail of the Voodoo for pop off the wake. Who knows the Keenan might be my new favorite tho ?!? Machados are my fin of choice with Chaos trailers.

Sand

I  ride the Da Honu and Voo Doo and love them both.  Fastest surf style boards down the line that I have ever ridden but slight differences.  How much faster down the line are these boards than the Secret Weapon?  15 year old son and 11 year old daughter both ride the Super AV.  I do like my son's AV but a little more pump driven than I prefer................still a great feeling board though.

Likely to add the SW to the quiver this winter, just curious on your thoughts?

#18 sand2snow

sand2snow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 October 2018 - 07:51 PM

Most likely in between the Super AV and your Voodoo. The nose is wider on the SW than the Super so more responsive when carving or pumping. I like it, it's a fun board. We have a customer who is getting pretty good at surfing. He rides it and loves it. Also, highly recommend the Futures Elevon fins! They are so fast! 7 years to develop and they are a blast. Last time out I was surfing Fi 25 about 13 MPH, super long wave. I was about 25' back, thought I was going to fall out the back but I made it back in. Amazing

• Birddog7.62 likes this

#19 jbb22

jbb22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationEast Texas
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Tyler

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:36 AM

Most likely in between the Super AV and your Voodoo. The nose is wider on the SW than the Super so more responsive when carving or pumping. I like it, it's a fun board. We have a customer who is getting pretty good at surfing. He rides it and loves it. Also, highly recommend the Futures Elevon fins! They are so fast! 7 years to develop and they are a blast. Last time out I was surfing Fi 25 about 13 MPH, super long wave. I was about 25' back, thought I was going to fall out the back but I made it back in. Amazing

Thanks for the feedback.  Usually run WCT's or Blackstix..................will try the Elevon.

#20 Birddog7.62

Birddog7.62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationSnohomish

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:43 PM

I cast off a VooDoo earlier this summer!

dude, I was soooooo pissed i missed out on that board

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users