Bilge water

I have a 2018 B53 23. After taking a tsunami size wave over the bow I flipped on the bilge pump. No water pumped out and I could hear the pump running. After pulling the boat out (not on the ramp) I removed the rear drain plug. No water. When I arrived home, pulled out he garbage can and noticed approximately 10 plus gallons of water in the bilge. Appears the fuel tank fits so well in the bilge the water just leaks past the tank to the bilge pump. So, without stopping on a steep hill and waiting for the water to drain is it a spong and bucket process. Am I the only guy with this situation ?

They fit tightly but shouldn't be close to sealing.

Plug out and run the tongue jack all the way up. Might also want to set a bucket or two of Damp Rid under the seats if you gave it a good douche'.

Via Tapatalk from the helm of a '15 F22.

• 2 months later...

I have this same issue.  We got caught in the rain back to back weekends.  I have the jack all the way up on a level pad and the water never gets to the back.  Considering putting a t-handle drain in front of the first skeg.  

My bow bag also might be leaking too due to the amount of water under the center front seat (compared to all the others).  It doesn't seem logical that 10 minutes of rain could have penetrated that zone to saturate the carpet this week.  I shop vac'd 10 gallons out of the trash can bilge area last weekend and 5 this weekend.

As context, backing down my very steep driveway (steeper than a boat ramp) to put the boat in its covered parking, it STILL has the water left up front and the rear bilge is empty.  

• 2 weeks later...

Took a wave over the bow last weekend and was looking today and noticed my battery trays were holding water!

Just a heads up if you're looking for water hiding in obscure spots. 

I also can see water when the trash can is removed after draining. Wasn't too concerned with the amount, but need to clear it out before winter.

On my F22, the low point in the hull us pretty much just below the cockpit end of the walk through to the bow.  So unless she's going uphill or up on plane, water pretty much sits down in there.  Cranking up the tongue jack sends most of it back to the stern, but with the plug out and driving around more will still drain out.