Not loving the new pumps...is it just me?

Kalamazoo

My bow sac aerator pump loses prime every time out which is a bit of a pita to fix.

Open hatch, remove pump motor (should be simple UNLESS you bury the release button), water gushes in, replace pump motor. ugh.

Now one would think that's all...buhbuhbuhwait it gets worse! Draining is quite an adventure...water streaming/spraying out from above the rubrail right in front of the cockpit. If you are moving with any speed, or have a headwind, this becomes an automatic involuntary driver's shower.

Allow me to be (one of?) the first to recommend reversible pumps for the bow sac and the piggy backs.

Easy fix.

Turn on pump before you launch. Works every time. As far as spray. Drain while in the 5mph back to dock or while not moving.

Interesting on the pre launch part. I need to try that.

Not sure on the draining part though. There are variety of scenarios where that won’t work. Overall I don’t know why they made it exit from there, at that angle, or through that type a fitting. I assume they thought it would be fine but I’m sure now they realize it wasn’t a great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do reversible then you have impellers to replace . You run it dry it is over,. The aerator don't have an impeller to replace,

I've never had to replace one. IMO, they are way better than aerator style pumps. 

Would be cool if MB switched to reversible with $50 timer !!

I am with you on the bow bag losing prime, major PITA, will try running before I drop the lift.

From the “no wake” buoy to my boat slip is exact correct amount of time to drain but agree on the positioning, angle and fitting for drain.

No reversibles for me on plug and play, absolutely love the gravity drain time.

If intake hose has any droop as it goes towards bag it could loose prime. Make sure hose is as close to the bottom of the floor as it goes toward bag. Floor meaning deck floor

Mine worked fine in the beginning but now has this issue every outing.  Intake hose comes from pump and runs up (right underside of floor) for a few feet then drops to the bottom of the boat (hull floor) up to the bow.

suggestion?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mine worked fine in the beginning but now has this issue every outing.  Intake hose comes from pump and runs up (right underside of floor) for a few feet then drops to the bottom of the boat (hull floor) up to the bow.

suggestion?

Has anyone with this problem resolved it?  Not sure why mine went from working perfect first 30 hours and now have to reach down and pop the top off of the pump every outing.

Turn pump on before you launch. It solves the issue.

Tried this my last two outings with no luck.

Im almost 3 hours from dealer......sooo.  Healing from a torn bicep surgery at the moment so hard for me to stand on my head and try to resolve any potential hose routing issues down below.  Will try the run before lower in water a few more times.

Thanks

Turn pump on before you launch. It solves the issue.

Im almost 3 hours from dealer......sooo. Healing from a torn bicep surgery at the moment so hard for me to stand on my head and try to resolve any potential hose routing issues down below. Will try the run before lower in water a few more times.

Thanks

my dealer installed a check valve between the shutoff valve and pump which effectively keeps the pump primed with water. No problems since.

my dealer installed a check valve between the shutoff valve and pump which effectively keeps the pump primed with water. No problems since.

Thanks......makes sense!!

Im almost 3 hours from dealer......sooo.  Healing from a torn bicep surgery at the moment so hard for me to stand on my head and try to resolve any potential hose routing issues down below.  Will try the run before lower in water a few more times.

Thanks

Man I feel your pain.  2 years out of my shoulder / bicep / chest surgeries & a bone block & I still can't put my right arm over my head.