Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationElk Grove, CA
  • Hometown Lake:CA Delta

Posted 11 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

Hello all,

My hatch actuator failed last weekend and I need to replace it.  My boat is a 23' 2011 MB B52. Does anyone know which lenco actuator is the correct replacement?  I have looked all over the actuator and can't find a part number.  Any help is appreciated.

D

#2 Johnsonrandallc

Johnsonrandallc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Keowee

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:57 AM

i had a similar situation on my 2008 220V with the electric hatch. Bad design, but don't get me started. I replaced the actuator and it still didn't work. I spent a full day with volt meter trying to track it down. Apparently there is and inline fuse between the switch on the dash and the actuator in the engine compartment - i took it to a local shop and they were able to trouble shoot and get it working. I think the tech said it was in the wiring on the right side of the boat as it ran up to the dash. Here is a photo of the actuator label. I was able to source it online but don't recall the supplier. If i recall, it was $150-$199. 

Attached Files

#3 Zhem

Zhem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationElk Grove, CA

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:12 AM

Not sure our hatches will be the same, 2008 vs. 2011, but will look into it.

Thanks for the help.

D

#4 Johnsonrandallc

Johnsonrandallc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Keowee

Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:38 PM

for comparison: one "solid" hatch across the stern with the hinged storage compartment on either side. If i want to raise the engine hatch i have to make sure both storage lockers are in the open position as everything goes up all at once. There were some variables on the actuator in terms of throw. I dont recall which version it was, 18" seems to come to mind. Anyway - best of luck. Hope you can source the correct part. But you may want to try and run down that fuse before you spend any money.

#5 jamie41j

jamie41j

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationMCAS new river North Carolina
  • Hometown Lake:falls lake, cape fear river

Posted 14 June 2018 - 03:53 PM

Not trying to question you but yes that in-line fuse was the case on mine as well. I missed the fuse I ever ripped up the whole floor board tracing the wires going to the battery and back to the actuator. I would get a good light and as soon as I pressed the button it would fail so I’d check the power and no light. The fuse looked ok but the metal can melt inside it and be enough to hardly send power but once you apply full power it blows. 6 hrs later I bought a 4 dollar fuse and boom fixed.

#6 Zhem

Zhem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationElk Grove, CA

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:03 AM

for comparison: one "solid" hatch across the stern with the hinged storage compartment on either side. If i want to raise the engine hatch i have to make sure both storage lockers are in the open position as everything goes up all at once. There were some variables on the actuator in terms of throw. I dont recall which version it was, 18" seems to come to mind. Anyway - best of luck. Hope you can source the correct part. But you may want to try and run down that fuse before you spend any money.

Thanks, but I know it isn't the fuse in this case.  The ballast pump was accidentally turned on in my boat last weekend and the bag fill up and crushed the divider into the actuator and literally broke it in half.  (I don't have the extra divider support/stiffeners because we usually only fill the bags about half way).  The actuator is 27" pin to pin but I don't know how long the stroke is.  I have contacted Lenco directly and they have been less than helpful.  I found a 27" actuator that extends to 39", but want to make sure I order the correct one before I drop $300.

D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users