Separating the tower lights from the interior floor lighting

Side note...do any of you know if the lights in the boat and tower can be easily changed...whether due to burnt bulb or just want to change colors?

MB sells the LED lights and I believe they come in white blue and red.

http://designer.mbsportsusa.com/model/9835

The Donfather just added more to his boat maybe he can chime in on how to get them?

explain this to me like im the village idiot

Hahaha - even the village idiot can do this. At the existing toggle switch there will be a wire that is always hot (connected directky to the circuit breaker) two wires that are switched and one wire that is connected to the battery negative. The negative wire here is only used for the led on the toggle switch but no reason to remove it. The two switched wires run to the tower and cabin LEDs. Wire the hot (+12vdc) wire to one side of the dimmer and the two switched wires to the other side of the dimmer.

I suspect the original design had the tower and cabin lights seperated on the double pole switch. The problem with that mod is now you can only have the cabin or tower lights on and not both. You could put a diode between the tower and cabin lights to fix that issue. Which is probably what i would recommend. The dimmer is even better though.

• 4 weeks later...

Just make this mod today. Red wire and top blue wire were to tower and cabin LEDs. Middle blue wire is hot 12v. Two black wires were negative to battery and left alone. Dimmer works great. Red and white on summer went to 12v hot. Black on dimmer to tower and cabin led lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Here’s what I got... (2010 F23)

I bought the dimmer but also have a vacant shower switch because I see and hear no shower onboard...

what is the black wire for?

I crawled down there and it looks like each side is wired separately (left tower & left leds) & (right towers and right leds).. but a the fuse box is a blue w/ red stripe..

I’m sure I’m over thinking it but Before I go cutting the blue wire... thoughts?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pronounced

• 1 year later...