#21 lucas200397

lucas200397

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Locationperry
  • Hometown Lake:suwannee river

Posted 25 July 2018 - 03:45 PM

Thought i would share my setup so to give you and idea of what i have done to get a steller wake out of my Tomcat.
Factory Subfloor full, in the rear I run these Supra Bags full  <a href="https://www.wakemake...c-w892.html</a>

Then i did something I haven't seen anyone else do. The factory Battery Tray built into the Floor i used a vibrating cutter to remove because underneath is a area large enough to hold a 650# sac between where the tray and Gas tank reside. this accomplished 2 things: 1st gave me substantial forward center weight. 2nd Allowed me to move 100#'s of Battery weight to the Port side passenger compartment to counter Prop Torque. The only other weight I run is 300#'s in Lead Wake Bags in the bow, all the plug and play ballast is filled with Johnson F4B-11 pumps.

At this point I am sure you are thinking....How in the Hell do i plane off the boat with 4700#'s (this # accounts for 405# in Fuel)? well i added custom built tabs along with adding additional travel to the Factory tab (see pics) I have the MCX 350 engine and a Acme 2315 prop and can run run a Crew of 5 ppl @ sea level without dumping weight outside of whats needed to clean up any wash present. the wake is stupid.... pic of the 5'11" guy is before i added the 650 in the front 75' rope and about 23.8 to 24.5 mph  

Attached Files

• oldsmobiledriver, AZ_MB and Jake (((O))) like this

#22 Nbradley

Nbradley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSalem, Oregon
  • Hometown Lake:Green Peter/Detroit/Foster

Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:27 PM

Thanks for the reply Lucas. Do you run that 650lb bag in addition to something under your front seats, or just the bag and the lead? So about ~1000lbs in your bow, and ~1600 in each rear locker? Sounds legit. I’m just hesitant to cut a big hole in my boat where the batteries go lol but that does sound like a solid place for a bag.

Right now, i can get about 400lbs in the nose with the bag under the seats. I put another 300-500lbs of lead up there.

I was attempting to run similar weight as you in shasta last week, but couldn’t get on plane. I’m definitely going to need a trim tab. Got a quote from my local dealer for $1400 for the trim tab. I’m a big DIY guy when it comes to my house and rentals. I can remodel a house like a MF, but for some reason drilling holes in my boat just makes me uneasy.

I hate how fast i have to ride to get a clean wake with my MB. I caught an edge at 20mph on my buddies moomba the other day and racked my noggin pretty good.

#23 lucas200397

lucas200397

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Locationperry
  • Hometown Lake:suwannee river

Posted 26 July 2018 - 03:01 AM

thats correct NBradley, 1000#'s bow. they battery tray also allows me to maintain all my bow for storage ;)

#24 regsCus

regsCus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationEast Brunswick NJ
  • Hometown Lake:Las vegas

Posted 11 October 2018 - 08:58 AM

Hello. I am Rege from Hungary. Thanks for approving :). I got a problem with display.

#25 regsCus

regsCus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationEast Brunswick NJ
  • Hometown Lake:Las vegas

Posted 11 October 2018 - 09:05 AM

Anyone help me with this problem?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Wake, Wakeboarding, Ballast, Porpose, Weight, Bags

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users