Nbradley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSalem, Oregon
  • Hometown Lake:Green Peter/Detroit/Foster

Posted 11 July 2018 - 05:02 PM

Hey all,

I posted in the wakeboarding section with not much luck. My boat is currently in the shop getting bags installed. I’m running into an issue with the bow space. I’m trying to put a bow bag under the seats. I’ve read on here the X2 bag, or the integrated bag from wake makers. I’m being told from the shop only about 200 pounds of weight will be produced from any bag under the bow seats. Does anybody have any experience on this? How much weight are you able to get under the bow seats? 2013 F21 tomcat. Pickle fork.

They’re also saying it will put strain on the fiberglass, and has potential to crack the fiberglass.

My other option is to plum a line into the walkway, which I’m trying to avoid.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have about 12 hours before i need to decide what i want to do 😬

#2 oldsmobiledriver

oldsmobiledriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,276 posts
  • LocationAmarillo, TX
  • Hometown Lake:Tanglewood

Posted 11 July 2018 - 06:55 PM

No one has had any issue with adding the integrated bag. You will get between 400-450 in it. I removed my perko switch from the starboard side and the plastic wall it was mounted to so the leg of the bag would stretch all the way out. Just have them go ahead and do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • MidnightMax likes this

71 Olds Cutlass, 70 3 door Suburban, 15 X5 Sport pkg, 2012 F21 Tomcat: Surf Machine!!!
http://i260.photobuc...st/IMG_4360.jpg

#3 Mucker626

Mucker626

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationKelso wa
  • Hometown Lake:Mayfield Lake

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:07 PM

LunchBox measured how much water actually went in the integrated bag in his 2012 f21. I believe he got 50 gallons in it which is roughly 400 pounds. I did a quick search on the forum but couldn’t find it. It has been posted on here but it was years back.

#4 Mucker626

Mucker626

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationKelso wa

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:08 PM

I also have the integrated bag. No issues going on 4 years. Knock on wood!!

#5 Nbradley

Nbradley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSalem, Oregon

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for all the quick replies! The other option (see below photos) is to plumb a line into the fiberglass under th seating area on the left side. Run the plumbing under the seats, and stick a bag in the walkway with another quick connect line from the port to the bag. This would all be fed off the pump near the stern. I was trying to get away from having bags strewn out all over the place by going under the bow. 400-500 pounds is perfect. I’m just hesitant if they’re telling me 200 pounds from “their calculations”. So is the general consensus integrated? I may just pull the trigger on that.

Attached Files

#6 Mucker626

Mucker626

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,044 posts
  • LocationKelso wa

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:00 PM

Yes. Integrated!

#7 Jake (((O)))

Jake (((O)))

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • LocationPortland
  • Hometown Lake:LBC

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:16 PM

That looks like a mess.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#8 Nbradley

Nbradley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSalem, Oregon

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:19 PM

Yeah, not really trying to put a huge sack in the walkway with a tube sticking out of my seat. I’ll tell them to go integrated and let you guys know how it works out. I’ll post photos and videos of my wake after i get it all dialed in. Hey Jake, how are those speakers i sold you? Did you cash in on the warranty with your other pair?

#9 Jake (((O)))

Jake (((O)))

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • LocationPortland
  • Hometown Lake:LBC

Posted 11 July 2018 - 09:40 PM

Still going strong. Since I bought the parts I never warrantied them and since I put them on a rzr I needed mini clamps so I guess it all worked out after I spent another $1000 on parts lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• oldsmobiledriver likes this

#10 duster

duster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:49 PM

You will not have any issues with the integrated bag I as well have one Did not do any modifications just threw it under the seats works great and I think Munkers is pretty accurate about 400 pounds

#11 Nbradley

Nbradley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSalem, Oregon

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:50 PM

Awesome. Thanks for the reply duster! Do any wakeboarding with it? What do you have in the rear lockers?

#12 duster

duster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:59 PM

I have 750 in the Surfside locker 400 In the other side Just surfing no wake boarding

#13 Revved

Revved

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationNorth Dallas
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Ray Roberts

Posted 18 August 2018 - 08:57 PM

I installed the integrated sad under the bow on my F22 and I'm going to estimate at least 80% of the claimed 750lbs fills before it vents. No issue with pressure on the fiberglass of you have a vent plumbed to overflow once it fills. 100% improvement on surf quality. I plumbed a ballast king on a reversible switch on the dash. Fills in about four and a half mins and drains flat in five and a half.
-Sean

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users