• PipPipPip
  • 4,587 posts
  • LocationAmarillo, TX
  • Hometown Lake:Tanglewood

Posted 27 October 2018 - 07:38 AM

😲 ^
That better be an Ri257!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

71 Olds Cutlass, 70 3 door Suburban, 15 X5 Sport pkg, 2012 F21 Tomcat: Surf Machine!!!
http://i260.photobuc...st/IMG_4360.jpg

#42 Jake (((O)))

Jake (((O)))

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  • LocationPortland
  • Hometown Lake:LBC

Posted 27 October 2018 - 09:18 AM

Last ri257 I saw msrp'd at $215k!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• oldsmobiledriver likes this

#43 H20king

H20king

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Hometown Lake:PORTLAND

Posted 27 October 2018 - 09:46 AM

No that's fi 25 pricing ri 257 pricing comes in at over 200k

#44 H20king

H20king

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Hometown Lake:PORTLAND

Posted 27 October 2018 - 09:57 AM

Hopefully the same thing does bot happen to MB that has happened to centurion. I have been in a fineline product since 02. In 08 I bought a brand new 21' centurion for 32k now 10 years later just the options on our new boat cost more then that boat did.

#45 meetloaf13

meetloaf13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationSE Idaho
  • Hometown Lake:Ririe Reservoir

Posted 27 October 2018 - 11:32 AM

The reason these boats are priced so high I believe has more to do with the availability of financing options.

You can finance your toy on a 30 year note.

Incredibly absurd. Boats don't increase in value, they decrease rapidly. With prices like these any modest slump in the economy could cause the next 'boating crisis'.

Joking aside, right now I would venture to guess that many boat owners are upside down right now, owing more than their rig is worth. Maybe not so much among our ranks because until this year MBs didn't cost as much as a small home.

Boats over the last 5-10 years are a very interesting case in price inflation.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• oldsmobiledriver and Birddog7.62 like this

#46 Bosshog

Bosshog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationAtwater
  • Hometown Lake:Pacific ocean

Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:48 AM

When companies are publicly owned and production was cut in half,maybe more in 08, the only way was to increase price to keep profit in line. Consumer pays big time. That's the real reason
  • MWCasper likes this

#47 meetloaf13

meetloaf13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationSE Idaho

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:47 PM

But the only reason the companies could get away with this long term is because the banks starting lending with the low rates for extended periods.

Sadly, many people buy off their payment, and not off what is economically viable.

Unless you are putting cash aside or have a decent amount of equity up front , a 30 yr note on a boat is not viable. You're upside down the second you pull out of the lot, and making regular payments you get buried further each year.

#48 Bosshog

Bosshog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationAtwater

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:52 PM

Then why don't all mfg charge big money??
  • klogank likes this

#49 meetloaf13

meetloaf13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts
  • LocationSE Idaho

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:54 PM

Which ones aren't anymore?

• oldsmobiledriver, OrangeTJ, Birddog7.62 and 1 other like this

#50 dakota4ce

dakota4ce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationSE SD
  • Hometown Lake:Okoboji IA

Posted 28 October 2018 - 02:55 PM

I would say that very few people who own a boat that was purchased for more than 60K could actually own them if there were not extremely aggressive financing options available.  True?

What if boats were like cars, and a long term note was 5 years?  I would think that new boat sales would drop to damn near zero.

Maybe I am wrong.

• Mucker626, Racer808, Birddog7.62 and 1 other like this

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas.

2013 F24 Black Tomcat with Wavecontrol GSA

#51 Bosshog

Bosshog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationAtwater

Posted 28 October 2018 - 03:11 PM

Floor plan companies will never allow mfg to over build again after 08. The info we receive yearly still shows 35-40 percent of non current inventory is out in the field year after year since 08 from the big 3. Would not want to be one of those dealers paying the juice and killing there profit while they are being forced to buy new inventory. Once again big 3 wins by selling less boats and consumer loses

#52 Mucker626

Mucker626

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts
  • LocationKelso wa
  • Hometown Lake:Mayfield Lake

Posted 28 October 2018 - 06:21 PM

I would say that very few people who own a boat that was purchased for more than 60K could actually own them if there were not extremely aggressive financing options available.  True?

What if boats were like cars, and a long term note was 5 years?  I would think that new boat sales would drop to damn near zero.

Maybe I am wrong.

i agree...it would put them in a supercar class.  If my boat payment was 800 bucks I'd be boatless! or in a Bayliner...nah boatless

• meetloaf13, Mikewoods, Racer808 and 2 others like this

#53 mxvet

mxvet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • LocationColorado
  • Hometown Lake:Milton Res - Private

Posted 29 October 2018 - 10:56 AM

When non-wakeboat/boat people hear how much these boats cost, they are floored. Just grab a camera and capture their expression when you tell them. (Maybe a new picture thread?) And since we are already addicted, we just go along drinking the kool-aid like no big deal. Where's the papers for me to sign? 

Its tough to ignore that new boat prices continue to increase 5-8% annually. The used market should follow, but it's not on the same track because every year you will find these left over new boats at fire sale prices below used prices. They just kill the used market values and many people end up upside down. 

Really makes you wonder: How much mark up is there?

• Birddog7.62 and onequicktang like this

Current:: 2019 B52 23' : 575 Supercharged Roush : Extreme Triple 18" wheels

#54 SoundEncounters

SoundEncounters

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Hometown Lake:MERCED

Posted 29 October 2018 - 11:33 AM

Man I feel like this thread should be named more along the lines of "Future of boating" then anything about the F24 which was only casually mentioned in passing and had no solid information about the boat or its performance as of yet (obviously too soon) but only a quick mention of the price from the only dependable source on this forum. 

I think it is going to take a BIG change in technology to compensate for that $ increases in a new F24 compared to past years average selling prices. A "budget" friendly version from a big player like Axis A24 still sells for under $90k in 2019 which is 30% below this new estimated selling price of the top dog MB (I just priced out an A24 and a buddy just bought one). Even the new Makai and Supreme ZS232 are below that $100k marker after my research. I bought my F24 couple years ago because while it lacked "Creature Comforts" it absolutely made up for it in budget while maintaining a solid performance.  People can say what they want about analog switches, gauges and etc. but in today's ever evolving boat industry if you lack technology you fall behind. That applies to your television, car and cell phone too. While the A24 for example still has some primitive options like a small LCD screen it does have some neat features like wrist remote and power wedge and the others mentioned above have decent touch screen LCD's and cutting edge surf systems like Auto Wake included.

All that being said I am anxious to see the future of MB here with this new F24. They have obviously crossed a big threshold here with this new price point, so to see the new creation and all of their efforts rolled into this new boat will be exciting.

• adam4x4, oldsmobiledriver, meetloaf13 and 1 other like this

#55 dakota4ce

dakota4ce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationSE SD

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:17 PM

Excellent post. It makes sense! I currently own a Makai, and your points are strong.

#56 Racer808

Racer808

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts
  • LocationDenver
  • Hometown Lake:All over

Posted 29 October 2018 - 01:38 PM

When non-wakeboat/boat people hear how much these boats cost, they are floored. Just grab a camera and capture their expression when you tell them. (Maybe a new picture thread?) And since we are already addicted, we just go along drinking the kool-aid like no big deal. Where's the papers for me to sign? 

Its tough to ignore that new boat prices continue to increase 5-8% annually. The used market should follow, but it's not on the same track because every year you will find these left over new boats at fire sale prices below used prices. They just kill the used market values and many people end up upside down. 

I don't know about MB, but someone once put up Malibus in 2016 & I think the LSV price was approx. 50k-60k to the dealer

#57 dakota4ce

dakota4ce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationSE SD

Posted 29 October 2018 - 02:21 PM

I don't know about MB, but someone once put up Malibus in 2016 & I think the LSV price was approx. 50k-60k to the dealer

Are you saying the dealer cost of a 23 LSV is 60 K?

• Racer808 likes this

#58 SoundEncounters

SoundEncounters

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • Hometown Lake:MERCED

Posted 29 October 2018 - 03:15 PM

Are you saying the dealer cost of a 23 LSV is 60 K?

I could see that as a base dealer cost in 2016. When I bought my F24 in August of '16 I was looking at $88k for a new 23lsv with some standard features but not loaded by any means. Everything is an "option" if you will. Trailer adds $6k, cleats add $1,500 and etc etc etc. If you look at base MSRP and dealer cost of any boat before options it seems much better, it's all the "features" you pay for. Take the Ri257 I am working on, it is base MSRP of only $146k but after even just basic options like Ramfill and surf system it is almost $200k.... 

The only thing I can not wrap my head around for the life of me is why even put a MSRP. Just implement a MAP pricing and be done with the games that boat builders have to play for many years. Take the post MB made as a prime example, even they know with an MSRP of 150k they will likely be sub 125k actual selling price. Why not just cut the games and advertise it 125k, we all know any aggressive volume dealer should cut MSRP by 20%. I just only see that helping the new customers from sticker shock. Makes you wonder how often someone goes to a builders website, builds their dream budget boat and sees $125k MSRP but has no idea they actually can buy for under 100k in a lot of situations.

• oldsmobiledriver and onequicktang like this

#59 oldsmobiledriver

oldsmobiledriver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,587 posts
  • LocationAmarillo, TX
  • Hometown Lake:Tanglewood

Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:03 PM

The site was seedealercost.com and if it were anywhere near close then the mark up is crazy across the whole industry!!!

• Racer808 likes this

71 Olds Cutlass, 70 3 door Suburban, 15 X5 Sport pkg, 2012 F21 Tomcat: Surf Machine!!!
http://i260.photobuc...st/IMG_4360.jpg

#60 Birddog7.62

Birddog7.62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • LocationStanwood
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Goodwin

Posted 29 October 2018 - 05:43 PM

nothing Axis makes can touch my B52. The amount of low hour Axis boats on the market (under 100 hours) is staggering. That wedge is a joke.I digress, yes, these boats are overpriced.

• sand2snow, Racer808 and onequicktang like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users