hawkdad22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBellingham, WA
  • Hometown Lake:98226

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:05 PM

Alright guys....I think it’s happening. Gotta figure out some things real quick. Anybody good on mockups would be greatly appreciated. I think the designer on MB website is kinda lame. So I will throw some basic questions..consider all and let’s do this.

As a starting point, I gotta say Brian’s build is pretty damn nice. I already told him I may just be duplicating that. But on that note, what’s yalls thoughts on brown? Is it overplayed? Is it super trendy so will be outta style in a year or two. I showed my 17 yo daughter and she was like ew gross! I thought it that exile build looked so clean.

Another boat that real caught my attention was Breaks F22. That pearl charcoal look so nice.

I’m leaning toward a pretty much all white, or possibly the charcoal, or considering a light gray with white accents. Any pics would be great.

Here’s the kicker..:I’m. Not changing my tow vehicle. Is that a factor? I see u guys All the time have white rig towing white boat....or black rig towing black boat. it’s an 04 black Chevy suburban with black rims. Typically my wife and I drive our cars into the ground. If I’m sticking with my black tow rig, do I need to stick with black boat and trailer?? FYI not towing much...boat is on dock most of summer.

Gator! I’ve seen people add gator in the two small areas of dash, but i didn’t see it on exile build. Is that on purpose? Adding later? Or is this something people are just not doing now? Also regarding gator, gator preferred on trailer as opposed to the diamond plate stuff? Gator in compartments? Gator in gunwalls? Just keep it basic or is gator the ish and put it wherever they’ll let me?

Trailer...if I get white boat I get white trailer right? Or do I factor in my black tow rig here? Sorry for all the Qs. Never got to build my own boat so trying to consider all angles.

#2 breakz77

breakz77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • LocationDiscovery Bay
  • Hometown Lake:Dirty D

Posted 22 March 2019 - 03:33 PM

Alright guys....I think it’s happening. Gotta figure out some things real quick. Anybody good on mockups would be greatly appreciated. I think the designer on MB website is kinda lame. So I will throw some basic questions..consider all and let’s do this.

As a starting point, I gotta say Brian’s build is pretty damn nice. I already told him I may just be duplicating that. But on that note, what’s yalls thoughts on brown? Is it overplayed? Is it super trendy so will be outta style in a year or two. I showed my 17 yo daughter and she was like ew gross! I thought it that exile build looked so clean.

Another boat that real caught my attention was Breaks F22. That pearl charcoal look so nice.

I’m leaning toward a pretty much all white, or possibly the charcoal, or considering a light gray with white accents. Any pics would be great.

Here’s the kicker..:I’m. Not changing my tow vehicle. Is that a factor? I see u guys All the time have white rig towing white boat....or black rig towing black boat. it’s an 04 black Chevy suburban with black rims. Typically my wife and I drive our cars into the ground. If I’m sticking with my black tow rig, do I need to stick with black boat and trailer?? FYI not towing much...boat is on dock most of summer.

Gator! I’ve seen people add gator in the two small areas of dash, but i didn’t see it on exile build. Is that on purpose? Adding later? Or is this something people are just not doing now? Also regarding gator, gator preferred on trailer as opposed to the diamond plate stuff? Gator in compartments? Gator in gunwalls? Just keep it basic or is gator the ish and put it wherever they’ll let me?

Trailer...if I get white boat I get white trailer right? Or do I factor in my black tow rig here? Sorry for all the Qs. Never got to build my own boat so trying to consider all angles.

Thanks for the compliment on my boat!

That pearl charcoal still is my favorite.

You're going to get a lot of "opinions" on color so this is just mine.

5 years ago I would have said go with tan... now I think it is over played and there is a ton of it out there.

Look at how many white boats with tan interior there is.

I'm a fan though of basic colors.. white/black/grey

I think it makes resell that much easier whether you are selling in 2 years or 15 years.

As far as vehicle color I wouldn't put much thought into that.. as long as it can tow your boat safely is all that should matter.

The dash pieces used to be an add on through Gaterstep which you should be able to easily order through them.

I think that compartments would have to be a customer order which you would need to supply the templates.

You mentioned not towing much so unless you just want to spend the extra money I would say just keep the diamond plate on the trailer.

There is a ton of options and it is always fun building a boat so have fun with it!

• Jindustries likes this

It's not what you land.. it's how big you go

#3 hawkdad22

hawkdad22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBellingham, WA

Posted 22 March 2019 - 04:15 PM

Appreciate the reply Break. I know I’m settin myself for tons of color opinions but that’s alright. Would love to see color combos for ideas. Resale is always a concern because inevitably it will happen, but I’m hoping if I pick the right boat, I hope to be happy with it for a long time and ride it out. ...but u never know...that 400 hr rule is real unfortunately...so could decide to change it up down the road.

Not opposed to color either. I’ve actually always liked that kinda vapor blue color, but def leaning toward black, white or gray
  • breakz77 likes this

#4 Brianinpdx

Brianinpdx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts
  • LocationPDX, Oregon
  • Hometown Lake:Dirty W

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:34 PM

Hawk - there is no wrong answer on any of this stuff. I did brown 4 years ago and everyone thought I was crazy. Now its all over the place. 

- I have the gator extra pieces but havent had time to put them on. The MB guys at the factory where not familar with what goes where so i just said leave it be.  Definitely get all that extra gator. I love it!

- The Rob boat that looks similar to mine would be a good one to look at. He did some grey's in it theme wise. For me I wanted the interior to be SPICY with an understated outside. It all depends on what YOU want to achieve. 

- Tow Trucks! There's actually an inside story on mine. I had a grey Platinum Ed that i drove 18K and turned into a lemon and ford bought it back. They charged me 250 bucks to upgrade from the 18 to the 19. I said SWEEET! and can i have it in black this time? matches the boat. But holy hell I'd never go out and buy a truck to match. Just luck of the draw this time.

-I agree with you on Breakz boat. I've given serious consideration to that cement grey theme with the pearl charcoal etc. It's sweet! He screwed up and bought a malibu this year. muahaha! he'll be back. 

- PS my 16 year old daughter asked, "Dad, can i get a lesson on backup the trailer and launching this year? Can I take the boat out myself? n o t a c h a n c e  s w e e t i e.! -Love dad!

• adam4x4, breakz77, The Donfather and 2 others like this

#5 Birddog7.62

Birddog7.62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationStanwood
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Goodwin

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:39 PM

nope I think brown and tan are classics and nevr go out of style. I think white interiors are boring AF. I have a ton of builds saved. Just need to know what you like. I wanted more bright colors but went with my wifes more sedate build and I'll tell you right now when i get ready to sell it it will go fast.

#6 Sbentz101

Sbentz101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationAlaska
  • Hometown Lake:Big lake

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:41 PM

I'm in the same process and having a tough time. I like classic colors like black and white with tan interiors, regardless of what the fad is. I also think about ordering a boat that doesnt stand out in any way and think I should add some color. Wife likes seafoam and aqua colors and loves a good sparkle so I factor that in to keep her happy. As we've seen with so many other things in life...what's cool comes back around eventually. Hardest part is not having seen any mb in person and not having access to see any of the colors in person. Where I am there aren't any mb boats (for now) so whatever I get will be unique but I want mostly to make sure I love it for the next 15 years.

#7 hawkdad22

hawkdad22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBellingham, WA

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:47 PM

I'm in the same process and having a tough time. I like classic colors like black and white with tan interiors, regardless of what the fad is. I also think about ordering a boat that doesnt stand out in any way and think I should add some color. Wife likes seafoam and aqua colors and loves a good sparkle so I factor that in to keep her happy. As we've seen with so many other things in life...what's cool comes back around eventually. Hardest part is not having seen any mb in person and not having access to see any of the colors in person. Where I am there aren't any mb boats (for now) so whatever I get will be unique but I want mostly to make sure I love it for the next 15 years.

Didn’t you just make it to the boat show?

#8 Sbentz101

Sbentz101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:53 PM

Some that I've worked on.

Attached Files

• adam4x4 and The Donfather like this

#9 Sbentz101

Sbentz101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 22 March 2019 - 05:55 PM

Didn’t you just make it to the boat show?

Nope...still up in ak.

#10 MWCasper

MWCasper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationClarkston, Michigan
  • Hometown Lake:Union Lake (938' A.S.L.)

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:14 PM

All white is timeless. My wife balked at the tan interior - so we went with multiple shades of grey and black. Looks great, but now everytime she’s sees a tan interior, she regrets fighting me on it...
  • Birddog7.62 likes this

-Aaron

2017 MB B52 23WB

GBL or GBD...

#11 Birddog7.62

Birddog7.62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationStanwood

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:14 PM

some of the colors have to be seen to be appreciated. Brians boat last year was stunning. that red metalflake is like nothing I have ever seen. I would never have picked it but now that I have seen it. WOW!! I would definitely put that on my shortlist.

• adam4x4 likes this

#12 MWCasper

MWCasper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:28 PM

Attached Files

• JEFF, oldsmobiledriver, Birddog7.62 and 1 other like this

-Aaron

2017 MB B52 23WB

GBL or GBD...

#13 Birddog7.62

Birddog7.62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationStanwood

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:45 PM

man I need to get my windshield tinted

• MWCasper and Raisin' Cain like this

#14 MWCasper

MWCasper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:49 PM

man I need to get my windshield tinted

$s we’ll spent...

-Aaron

2017 MB B52 23WB

GBL or GBD...

#15 MWCasper

MWCasper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:49 PM

*well...

-Aaron

2017 MB B52 23WB

GBL or GBD...

#16 hawkdad22

hawkdad22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBellingham, WA

Posted 22 March 2019 - 06:55 PM

Casper so nice! Man all white always looks good.

#17 Birddog7.62

Birddog7.62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationStanwood

Posted 22 March 2019 - 07:45 PM

im in stanwood if you want to come see mine in person

#18 hawkdad22

hawkdad22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBellingham, WA

Posted 22 March 2019 - 08:02 PM

im in stanwood if you want to come see mine in person

Oh no way! Ya would love to come check it out one of these days. I’m just bout hour north of u

#19 adam4x4

adam4x4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationRichland, Washington
  • Hometown Lake:CA, Delta

Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:34 AM

The red metallic is amazing, and also the blue. they both really pop. here is my 2016

Attached File  IMG_3420.JPG   187.57KB   22 downloadsAttached File  IMG_8432.JPG   175.48KB   24 downloadsAttached File  IMG_8827.JPG   89.97KB   23 downloads

• oldsmobiledriver and Birddog7.62 like this

It Is What It Is

#20 hawkdad22

hawkdad22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBellingham, WA

Posted 23 March 2019 - 09:11 AM

Xm9s or the surf speaks? I currently have xm9s and they are great, but pretty darn pingy for anybody in the back of boat. That horn gets loud at close range, but on the other hand I need that sound to Carry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users