Looking for a manual and advice!

Newtoboating

Hey everyone. I’m brand new to boating and I just bought a 1998 MB Sports Boss 210. Before I take it out I would really like to find an owner’s manual to look over. Does anyone know where I could find one? Also I’m open to hear some advice or tips for people brand new to boating, I feel a little in over my head. Thanks!

Just a few things that might help.

If you are new to backing up a trailer practice in an empty parking lot with some cheap cones or something similar. Learning to back a trailer on the ramp can be a frustrating/bad idea on a busy day.

Make sure you take the boat out for a couple of practice runs on days that are not busy. You might want to limit the number of people in the boat on those days so you can focus on the task at hand.

See if you can find a boating friend to help show you the ropes.

Create a checklist of pre-launch items that everyone knows( that way everyone helps you remember and are able to double check)

1. make sure the drain plug is installed and snug.

2. remove the rear trailer tie-down straps before launching the boat.

This is just a suggestion and my 2 cents. Others may have different opinions on this.

Have both you and another potential driver learn how to drive the boat.

To start:

I would suggest backing the boat into the water on the trailer, making sure it is in deep enough, then start the motor. Let it run for a while so you can check temps and oil.  Next, get the feel for putting the boat in drive and reverse without giving it any gas. I have seen new drivers panic and overpower driving in forward or reverse into other boats. 

Just a few things that might help.

If you are new to backing up a trailer practice in an empty parking lot with some cheap cones or something similar. Learning to back a trailer on the ramp can be a frustrating/bad idea on a busy day.

Make sure you take the boat out for a couple of practice runs on days that are not busy. You might want to limit the number of people in the boat on those days so you can focus on the task at hand.

See if you can find a boating friend to help show you the ropes.

Create a checklist of pre-launch items that everyone knows( that way everyone helps you remember and are able to double check)

1. make sure the drain plug is installed and snug.

2. remove the rear trailer tie-down straps before launching the boat.

This is just a suggestion and my 2 cents. Others may have different opinions on this.

Have both you and another potential driver learn how to drive the boat.

To start:

I would suggest backing the boat into the water on the trailer, making sure it is in deep enough, then start the motor. Let it run for a while so you can check temps and oil. Next, get the feel for putting the boat in drive and reverse without giving it any gas. I have seen new drivers panic and overpower driving in forward or reverse into other boats.

I second all this...

Find a friend that boats and have him go out with you first time and walk you thru all the above.

Maybe someone on here can help out. If you were here I would take you out.

Also join the MB Boat Owners Facebook page, maybe you find someone on there that is local to you

When loading back onto the trailer. TAKE YOUR TIME.  my first advice given was to start way back and continue a straight line by going in and out of gear a few seconds in between. That keeps the straight momentum of the boat for the prop will naturally make the boat want to turn even if your rudder is straight. once you feel the boat line up on the trailer alittle have your driver back up the trailer into the water if needed. but advise if the trailer is too deep you can damage your prop if not on properly. If you don't make it your first attempt on to the trailer just back up enough and retry. 

Also don't prep or inspect your boat at the ramp. Get it ready before so your not being  "that guy"

Thanks, much appreciated tips!

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a manual?

I'm not sure if MB has ever created manuals.  I know it doesn't exist for my 2013.  Just post your questions on here and hopefully someone has an answer.

Well I know they existed for 2013 these are pics of mine. That said only the first two pages are from MB. The rest are just pamphlets from suppliers. Indmar and Zero off are the only manuals in the whole package.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 4 years later...