Stentoglou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
  • Hometown Lake:San Jaoquin Delta

Posted 30 March 2019 - 09:40 PM

Hey all,

Was just posting here to see if there are any of you out there who have GatorStep installed and have dogs go on your boat. We are in the middle of the process of our boat floor/swim platform being done but wanted some input. We are deciding between black w/ gray lines or gray w/ black lines. 

To those with GatorStep & dogs:

How prone to the EVA foam is the GatorStep material? 

Do you make your dogs wear booties while in the boat?

Do you think black GatorStep would be more prone to visible scratches than gray?

If you dog does wear booties, can he/she swim in them as well?

We normally put booties on our dog (60 lb Collie Lab) so he doesn't scratch/rip/tear the seats up but he can't swim very well in them. If you have any suggestions for good dog booties that our dog would be able to also swim in, I'm all ears! This stuff is going to be expensive to have done & installed so we want to keep it looking good as long as we can.

Any other input GatorStep related i.e. good cleaning methods, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• norcal1 likes this

#2 Paulj

Paulj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 12:59 PM

Had a lab puppy swimming near my boat and she tried climbing up on the platform. The Gatorstep scratched easily and dented from her claws. Not sure what a whole season would look like inside with it on the floor.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#3 Ellislife193

Ellislife193

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationRangely Colorado
  • Hometown Lake:Kenney

Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:34 AM

We have a border collie that goes every weekend with us. Our boat has teak colored gator step, the only place we have had issues is one time on the platform from when she couldn’t get out of the water it put a couple little scratches on it. Her nails haven’t gave us any issues inside the boat at all.
  • adam4x4 likes this

#4 Infinitysurf

Infinitysurf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSouthEast
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Norman

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:20 AM

I have a friend who bought a 2014 2 summers ago, previous owners took 2 dogs out with them all the time. Swim platform decking was in terrible shape, scratched and torn in many spots... luckily the cabin had deckadence mat and no issues there

#5 Stentoglou

Stentoglou

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
  • Hometown Lake:San Jaoquin Delta

Posted 13 April 2019 - 10:06 AM

We have a border collie that goes every weekend with us. Our boat has teak colored gator step, the only place we have had issues is one time on the platform from when she couldn’t get out of the water it put a couple little scratches on it. Her nails haven’t gave us any issues inside the boat at all.

Do you use booties on her??
  • Ellislife193 likes this

#6 Aquaddiction

Aquaddiction

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationVulcan, Alberta, Canada

Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:17 PM

+1 for dog scratches on the swim platform gator step. 

#7 Ellislife193

Ellislife193

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationRangely Colorado
  • Hometown Lake:Kenney

Posted 13 April 2019 - 04:40 PM

We put kids socks on her the first little bit but now we don’t put anything on her. Chasing the waves on the boat ramp keeps her nails pretty smooth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users