snow1wake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationclemmons
  • Hometown Lake:Belews Lake

Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:55 AM

2013 F21. There is a balance system inside the poles of the swoop tower to assist with the weight issues in folding tower down. About 8" in is a rod thru tower with a guide wheel. Above that is some sort of gas piston with the balance cable attached. Cable is frayed on 1 side and off the guide wheel on the another. Can probably use long needle nose pliers to remove guide wheel but no idea how to access and repair cable from the piston. Tower manufacturer long out of business. No dealer within 500 miles. Any ideas?

Attached Files

#2 Hondatech117

Hondatech117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationWest Bend, WI
  • Hometown Lake:BIg Cedar

Posted 21 June 2019 - 01:26 PM

Email Scott Sax at missionwake.com, he was the manufacturer of that tower. He might have some new old stock, I needed some parts for the Star One rack and he dug through his inventory and found what I needed. 

#3 snow1wake

snow1wake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Locationclemmons
  • Hometown Lake:Belews Lake

Posted 21 June 2019 - 03:52 PM

Tried that 1st as I purchased forks freon them last yr. Apparently Scott no longer there, and they act like never heard of him or Skylon. Still at a loss as MB no help and Scott unreachable.

#4 Hyperryd

Hyperryd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationCentral California
  • Hometown Lake:Success/Kaweah

Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:57 PM

Here is what the struts look like out of the tower. The cables wouldn’t be hard to remake. The pills and strut really aren’t hard to remove. Just pull the bolts out of the tower and pull out. Send the ends of the bolt tubes before reinstallation. It makes them a little easier to reinstall.

Attached Files

If it was easy... everybody would do it!!

#5 Raisin' Cain

Raisin' Cain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationOklahoma
  • Hometown Lake:Eufaula

Posted 25 June 2019 - 02:19 PM

After a LOT of searching, I got the strut (traction spring) from easylift.com.  

D0M0ZF3-255-350/150lbs (665N)  $113.34

Now the other side has no tension, so I guess that is on the list for next winter.  I will go with a 200lbs next time.  Planning on 2 more tower speakers.

• Hyperryd likes this

60% of the time, it works every time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users