Sbentz101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationAlaska
  • Hometown Lake:Big lake

Posted 21 June 2019 - 11:22 PM

Got to surf behind a wt surf today at the lake. Still waiting for my mb via barge and its beautiful out at the lake up here so why not right. Still dont like the looks or hot tub seats or most things about it but with stock ballast and a wake shaper it did lay down a nice wave. It felt comparable to what I saw when water testing the mb. Haven't been able to surf the mb wave yet but I sure hope that heydey isnt going to be as good as mine. I wanted the best wave on the lake!

Anyone else surfed behind one set up the same (stock ballast wake shaper and like 6 adults) ? If so what did you think of the wave alone?

#2 bloodiestcadaver

bloodiestcadaver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Locationutah
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Powell/ East canyon/Jordanelle/Rockport

Posted 22 June 2019 - 08:06 AM

My friend just picked one of those up. I think they have come along way and I honestly have nothing bad to say about them besides they look absolutely hideous on the trailer. But in the water its not too bad. It is a very nice boat and the 8 year everything warranty is a major selling point IMO for a family that doesn't need the best and wants that piece of mind. He can put out a nice looking wave, but i assure you your MB is way better. Even my 2017 b52 has a much larger wave. I haven't surfed his yet only seen his videos but Im heading out to lake powell with him next week ( sadly :( leaving my boat at home) so Im excited to try it out. 

#3 Sbentz101

Sbentz101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 22 June 2019 - 10:48 AM

Yes, boat is ugly and boring looking but it did put out a nice wave. Cant wait for my boat to arrive so I can surf it. The warranty is huge on that boat and for me was hard to say no at the time because the dealer is on the lake that my cabin is at. My buddy gave me such a hard time for buying out of state on a boat with no dealer support. Hope he isnt right and mb doesnt let me down.

#4 bloodiestcadaver

bloodiestcadaver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Locationutah

Posted 22 June 2019 - 11:25 AM

Yea he's right. your gonna love your MB but your gonna hate not having dealer support close. but thats what the off season is for and  im sure there is a local indmar shop that could do your powertrain

#5 Birddog7.62

Birddog7.62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationStanwood
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Goodwin

Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:00 AM

ugly, cheap components and that layout is just awful.

• Kalen427 likes this

#6 hawkdad22

hawkdad22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationBellingham, WA
  • Hometown Lake:98226

Posted 23 June 2019 - 11:12 AM

I guess I’m glad to hear that Surf is ok. One of my friends friends just bought one and we were trying to convince him to buy something used instead of that, but if you only care about the Surfwave then I’m glad to hear it is good… Because I’m not sure I would want to be caught sitting in one of those things ha ha
  • BrettLee3232, Kalen427 and Birddog7.62 like this

#7 Sbentz101

Sbentz101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 23 June 2019 - 09:35 PM

Yea, again, totally agree they are ugly and layout is terrible. But he has the best warranty known in the business...full 8 years. Surf was suction wake shaper but it put out a nice curl. Cant wait to get mine and compare waves...comparing boats is easy winner.
  • Birddog7.62 and bloodiestcadaver like this

#8 onequicktang

onequicktang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMichigan
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Orion

Posted 24 June 2019 - 03:27 AM

If they offered a surf system i'd look harder at one. It was my wives favorite boat at the boat show (hot tub seats did it for her)!

#9 Birddog7.62

Birddog7.62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationStanwood

Posted 24 June 2019 - 10:39 AM

If they offered a surf system i'd look harder at one. It was my wives favorite boat at the boat show (hot tub seats did it for her)!

id rather own a used older boat and deal with issues as they arise. Life is too short to own an ugly boat

• Aquaddiction, oldsmobiledriver, Hyperryd and 1 other like this

#10 onequicktang

onequicktang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 June 2019 - 03:34 AM

id rather own a used older boat and deal with issues as they arise. Life is too short to own an ugly boat

Beauty is in the eye of the be holder. While I dont find them attractive, if it had a great wave at that price I could get past the looks. IMO none of the entry level boats are stylish!

• bloodiestcadaver likes this

#11 Birddog7.62

Birddog7.62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationStanwood

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:32 AM

dude, put that up against an older malibu. It aint close. One is sexy as hell the other rolled out of trailer park after a 3 day meth bender. I think the resale on one of those turds would be brutal.

I submit to the court these images as evidence of heyday's transgressions against all that is holy. Would you want this?

Attached File  heydaytrash.jpeg   7.66KB   30 downloads

or this?

Attached File  2008 LSV.jpg   114.19KB   29 downloads

• Kalen427 likes this

#12 bloodiestcadaver

bloodiestcadaver

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Locationutah

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:59 AM

dude, put that up against an older malibu. It aint close. One is sexy as hell the other rolled out of trailer park after a 3 day meth bender. I think the resale on one of those turds would be brutal.

I submit to the court these images as evidence of heyday's transgressions against all that is holy. Would you want this?

attachicon.gifheydaytrash.jpeg

or this?

attachicon.gif2008 LSV.jpg

The new heydays are actually set up like a real wake boat with a windshield and middle walk through. On the water I don't think they look too bad. Metal flake on them is real nice too. 

When they first came out they were just embarrassing 

• onequicktang likes this

#13 onequicktang

onequicktang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:25 AM

I'd never own a Malibu, and that heyday is like 5 years old now!!!

7046745_0_130620190039_0.jpg

#14 Sbentz101

Sbentz101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:28 AM

The current model is much better layout than original version for sure. But layout still pretty bad with these "hot tub seats" and a long engine bay that takes up a lot of lounge area. Warranty was good, surf wave with a suction shaper was good and other than that...I wouldn't want it unless it was all I could afford. New boat with warranty vs older name brand with 800 hours on it, if those were my options, I would seriously consider that boat at that point.

#15 Mikewoods

Mikewoods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationHighland
  • Hometown Lake:White Lake

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:38 AM

I just watched one of the HeyDay hype videos on YouTube- it stated a limited lifetime warranty on the structure and a 2 year component and "systems" warranty...

I climbed around in a WT-1 at the boat show back in the day- That boat is hideous and the layout was terrible.  It looks like they uped their game a bit with this new WT-Surf. There is a ton more usable space and the storage looks adequate. I think it actually looks a little bit like a Tige (take that how you will.)

I am interested to spend some time on one and surf it to see its' viability.  I can say one thing for sure, I would never own one, but It is a step up from the $70k FourWinns and the other I/O runabouts that are trying to get in to the surf game with that Volvo forward drive garbage.

• Birddog7.62 likes this

Current Boat: 2019 MB 23' B52 6.2L 400FPT

Previous Boat: 2014 MB 23'B52 6.0L 409hp

#16 Birddog7.62

Birddog7.62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationStanwood

Posted 25 June 2019 - 09:50 AM

Bayliner owns heydey. the prosecution rests your honor. "if you like your chopper gun , you can keep your chopper gun!"

• Kalen427 likes this

#17 Sbentz101

Sbentz101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 25 June 2019 - 10:27 AM

The 8 year warranty was a promotion running this spring as an attempt to gain business...it worked for some. It was a great promotional warranty. Wasn't enough to sway my wife and I (even considering the dealer is on my lake where my cabin is and I could boat up to the dock and say fix this or that please) and still chose mb which the closest dealer is 2200 miles away. I hope mb doesnt let me down because that does scare me a bit.

#18 Mikewoods

Mikewoods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  • LocationHighland
  • Hometown Lake:White Lake

Posted 25 June 2019 - 11:29 AM

Bayliner owns heydey. the prosecution rests your honor. "if you like your chopper gun , you can keep your chopper gun!"

Understood, I still think the WT line is a step up from the I/O boats with the forward drive claiming to be a surf boat.

Also- chopper gun sounds like it should be a weapon from the old PC game Doom.

Current Boat: 2019 MB 23' B52 6.2L 400FPT

Previous Boat: 2014 MB 23'B52 6.0L 409hp

#19 Sbentz101

Sbentz101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 25 June 2019 - 12:46 PM

Here's the wave of the heydey I surfed this weekend. Stock ballast, 4 adults (including driver) and 6 kids.

Attached Files

• bloodiestcadaver and onequicktang like this

#20 Birddog7.62

Birddog7.62

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationStanwood

Posted 25 June 2019 - 01:39 PM

looks pretty decent.