Building custom wake surf controller - feature suggestions

So I am finally getting to build my custom wake/surf controller. What feature suggestions do you have?

Known must haves for me:

• industry standard replaceable parts
  • Both manual and fully automated mode for tabs, slappers, and pumps
  • Manual mode will not be tied to the controller like the GSA controller and others.
  • Broken controller does not in anyway affect manual controls or built in controls of boat
  • Save settings for different automated modes. - sack fill time/percentage and actuator deployment
  • Custom timing settings for different actuators and pumps
  • easy to use interface
  • ease of updating firmware and software

Optional - future phases

• Music volume control based on speed (wife recommendation)
  • Auto camera recording at tab deploy
  • surfer controlled tab and music control
  • social aspect

Yes it will have touch screen capabilities. We are working on the development currently so we don't have anything to show as of yet. I would like to get input from the forum on features that the controller include (must have, nice extras and pie in the sky ideas). We want a product that will have value at some level for people with new boats and older boats if its possible.

I will be looking for beta testers as part of our project, so that we can get some really good testing and feedback.

We have no reason to be jealous of an axis...maybe a nautique or 25ft Malibu

Even then, not jealous of the price tag! With my MB I have amazing fit and finish, great wake, and enough money left over to buy over priced board racks, numerous boards, and other things I don’t need like aftermarket custom surf controllers built by our very own!! Haha

kalen thanks for the reply.  For degree of deployment I could probably do percentage of deployment or degree deployed but it would be based on time, because the Lenco actuators do not have a feedback method. I am pretty sure that is how the other manufacturers do that for both actuators and ballast bags. Sometimes my friends Supra gets off and then he has to to a manual reset of the timing. 

if it is GPS-based, a way to easily change up/down the deploy speed would help a lot since i'm on a river and the current is different every time out.  my controller now works well but would be nice not to have to hook the laptop up to change these settings.

it also would be cool to have an LCD to see deployed side, gps reading, etc.

Android or apple app would be good.

No need for a screen.

Dont forget to have a switch mode.

For the good riders.

I love DIY and fellow boaters making things to better there boats.

Love it.

I just wish I had the knowledge too do electronic s like this.

Keep us informed

• 1 month later...

How is the MB Switch on my 16 able to show deployment percentage? Is it based on time? Is this why I'm not getting 100% deployment every time and having to switch to manual mode to clean up the wave? I'm looking for a way to make the tabs go 100% every time in the auto mode. Manual mode is a pain in the ass for anyone other than me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

How is the MB Switch on my 16 able to show deployment percentage? Is it based on time? Is this why I'm not getting 100% deployment every time and having to switch to manual mode to clean up the wave? I'm looking for a way to make the tabs go 100% every time in the auto mode. Manual mode is a pain in the ass for anyone other than me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

The latest program update does 100% deployment and does not offer a manual option. Along with deploying the tab 100%, as soon as you select the surf mode.

We are making some good headway on the hardware and application considering we are doing it on our free time. Hopefully I will have another developer on board next week.

The prototype will have GPS, saved surf settings, control 3 actuators and 3 pumps and have surf switching capability. Hopefully I will get it installed in my boat in a couple weeks for water testing.

I really like the angle sensor.

• 2 weeks later...

I am down to help with some beta testing, sounds like a great system you are designing! I installed InfinityWave surf tab system this Spring. Tabs are designed very well and do a great job, they are controlled by switches so you manually push/pull the switch (like car window switch) to make the tabs go up/down.

I know doing it this way is partly why these surf tabs are half the price of the GSA system, would be cool to have an option to "surf left/surf right" and tabs will deploy to the preset angle. As is the manual switches will do everything just fine except on the fly transfers, they are hard to time properly since the tabs will deploy further than needed.

So anyway,if you need someone to help with beta testing, I am down!

Drew....Alphamail.Drew@gmail.com, located in North Carolina.