22mini20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationDavison mi
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Fenton

Posted 29 July 2019 - 06:46 AM

My 6 year old has been staying up and cutting left and right pretty good she tried going out of the wake but fell and now doesn’t want to. I have her comfortable at about 14mph. What speed is not safe for her to fall?? She is tiny for her age. Also any way to clean the wake up at the slower speed so the wash doesn’t knock her down? Thought about filling up the 700 bow sack I have to put the front down more but also don’t want the wake bigger...

2011 tomcat no trim tab.

My 6 year old has been staying up and cutting left and right pretty good she tried going out of the wake but fell and now doesn’t want to. I have her comfortable at about 14mph. What speed is not safe for her to fall?? She is tiny for her age. Also any way to clean the wake up at the slower speed so the wash doesn’t knock her down? Thought about filling up the 700 bow sack I have to put the front down more but also don’t want the wake bigger...

2011 tomcat no trim tab.

Attached Files

• AZ_MB likes this

#2 AZ_MB

AZ_MB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ
  • Hometown Lake:Saguaro & Canyon Lake

Posted 29 July 2019 - 10:11 AM

That's awesome!  I've been teaching my girls (10 and 8) to ride.   I'm not sure there's a particular speed that's "not safe" as she likely won't get seriously hurt but may not be excited to ride again after a fall as you said has already happened.  If she can control the board well enough to stay inside the wake that should allow you to get a little more speed to clean up the wake and let her get comfortable riding at that speed.  I've pulled kids at 16-17mph and the wake cleans up.

2013 B52 21'

#3 Bosshog

Bosshog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
  • LocationAtwater
  • Hometown Lake:Pacific ocean

Posted 29 July 2019 - 09:26 PM

Shorten rope for starters

#4 breakz77

breakz77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationDiscovery Bay
  • Hometown Lake:Dirty D

Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:39 AM

Shorten rope for starters

Shortening the rope isn't going to clean up the wake.

It's not what you land.. it's how big you go

#5 breakz77

breakz77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationDiscovery Bay
  • Hometown Lake:Dirty D

Posted 30 July 2019 - 10:42 AM

2011 tomcat no trim tab.

Until she get more comfortable I would just keep it as you have it.

Looks like there is a lot of room inside the wake for her to keep practicing.

The better she gets slowly start increasing the speed, which will help clean up the wake.

Good job on getting her out and riding at an early age!!

It's not what you land.. it's how big you go

#6 Jake (((O)))

Jake (((O)))

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationPortland
  • Hometown Lake:LBC

Posted 30 July 2019 - 02:25 PM

Bow sac always full on my 22ssv Supra for a cleaner low speed wake. I had a trim tab too that helped a lot.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

#7 22mini20

22mini20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationDavison mi
  • Hometown Lake:Lake Fenton

Posted 30 July 2019 - 06:07 PM

Thanks! Yea she loves it asks every day if we can go... I will try bow sack and see what that does. I started out at 8mph and over the two weeks time we got to 14 but been at that speed for a while.
  • breakz77 and AZ_MB like this

#8 OrangeTJ

OrangeTJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 814 posts
  • LocationNorthern CA
  • Hometown Lake:Folsom Lake

Posted 03 August 2019 - 09:51 AM

Shortening the rope isn't going to clean up the wake.

Well it does put the rider closer to the boat where the wake is typically cleaner at lower speeds.  Once you can go 17 or so, there should be a clean face about 35 feet or so behind the boat.  No need for a kid riding that slow to be 60 - 70 feet back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users