Year over year B52 changes

slackerB52

is there any perticular reason for those years over others? i see there is a B52 wide body 21ft

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/boa/d/san-jose-2012-mb-sports-52-wide-body/7064049451.htmlprice is really good but.... it is 21ft and i was looking and under the impression the 23 was a better surf boat.

The 21’ from 2009-2015 was a great surf hull as are the newer ones. The 23’ from 2011-2014 was that same series of wide body hull that also surfed great. The obvious difference is length. Besides the extra room you had extra displacement. That helps and hurts different things. The 23 needs considerably more weight to get a strong wave than a 21’ just because of the larger surface area. The 21’ can put up a great wave but the drawback is there is considerably more bow rise without the extra length. Each has its strengths and weaknesses but both are great family boats that put up excellent waves. I’ve had a couple of 21’ MBs of that series and we have plenty of room for our family of four plus friends. Check them both out & see what fits your family and budget.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone put together a Hull Chart over the years?  To show when the major hull re-designs were done? 

Maybe also including when key options were added?  Like the early surf tabs or GSA?

I'm considering an upgrade to something in the 2012-2017 range in a year or so, but not sure when things changed.

I'm considering a B52 21, or Tomcat 21 or 22.   Can't got any larger than 22ft on my lake.