Looking to buy 2012 21 wide body what should I pay

Mbski

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did he order the boat with!

And if you don't mind I would like to no the price?

They new boat is sick

I have owned a few boats and this will be my second MB

I bought my current boat brand new

It is a great b52v

Don't really need a new boat mine is fine!

Just really like the room in the wide body

And the all around of the new 2011

You can email me

tmjkowalski@sbcglobal.net

Thanks

Lot's of dealers out there still making great deals on 2012 models.

Looks to me like your best option is call your local dealer, and make the best deal you can.

Good luck with the shopping. You'll love the new boat.

I know Reboats, Utah just took delivery of a new 21' wide body. It's a great looking boat, and Mike and Jason are really class dealers.

Who know's, maybe there's a deal waiting there for you.

You might want to inquire about the actual brochure boat that you saw. As far as I know that specific boat is for sale and has been passed around to a few potential dealers for demos. Maybe call MB direct or have your local dealer inquire with MB. that might be a way to get a good deal.

Went to larsons

Derrick that the salesman is cool as hell

Test drive boat on Friday

The same boat in broucher

In one day there was a price difference between Larson ranching Cordova and Stockton.

Cheaper from Stockton dealer same boat

Rancho said they will do the same as stockton

I no there is room to play with on the price

Seems like they don't want to deal

I already have a nice MB

Just want a new one

Or I should say wife does

Which is cool

Thanks for responses

Just want to know what is a good price what options should I get

B52Trent wrote:

The only option I got was the heater. But I wish I would of got the Cavitation Plate also. It planes good with stock + alittle extra but I tend to add a lot extra. That’s gunna be my winter project to add it. Looks like we have a good group of MB owners in Vacaville.:evil:

Trent is spot on... you should not buy a 21' MB w/out the plate. I have had it both ways. The plate is necessary for two reasons:

1) Getting the boat on plain when you are heavily loaded. Without the plate it can take ages to get the boat out of the hole.

2) Eliminating porpousing. The 21' MB has a tendency to "bounce" the nose up and down when you are at high speed (30+ mph). One tap on the plate switch solves this.

I don't think #2 is as big an issue on the 23 footer, but I'd still never buy another boat with a plate. I just love having control over the "pitch" of the boat.

Unfortunately, most dealer boats don't have plates. I wonder if dealers pass on them in order to keep the price point down.

I definitely agree with the thoughts of ordering the wake plate as a standard consideration, rather than an optional piece of equipment.

It is true, that on the 23', there is no demonstrated porpoising issue, but I have heard from more than one user that the benefit on the 21' is absolute.

On the 23' the ability to get up on plane, with full ballast, is improved, even with the plane in the up position, making the effective length of the hull that much longer.

Talked to the dealer today

Maybe someone could shed light on this for me

He said the new 2012 not the early ones have been fixed with hull design skag placement rudder and prop

Plate is not needed now!!

But the boat still comes with trim gauge!

Any words

The next MB I buy will be my boat for the next 10 years just like the b52v that I have right now was!!! so I want to get it right!!

Mbski wrote:

Talked to the dealer today

Maybe someone could shed light on this for me

He said the new 2012 not the early ones have been fixed with hull design skag placement rudder and prop

Plate is not needed now!!

But the boat still comes with trim gauge!

Any words

The next MB I buy will be my boat for the next 10 years just like the b52v that I have right now was!!! so I want to get it right!!

Mike Brendel is not a fan of wake plates. So, you're correct about the fix. Shane added a significant amount of additional hook to the back of the hull and moved the prop and rudder further back on the boat. Thus, less need for a wake plate and a huge reduction in bow rise. However, I would still get one to just give you additional control over shaping the wake.

tuneman wrote:

However, I would still get one to just give you additional control over shaping the wake.

Mike Brendel is emphatic about the wake plate only being for getting on a plane quicker and not for shaping the wake.

On my buddy's X15 he can flatten the wake for skiing using his wake plate.

On my 23 TWB, all it does is create a huge rooster when I try the same thing.

For surfing, it increases wash and kills the wake.

Mike's take on things matches my experience.

I would still get a wake plate to get the boat on a plane when loaded down with beaucoup ballast.

I have a new 2012 MB 21WB. I got the trimtab for $1200 because I thought it may come in handy some day. Its a "nice to have" feature. So far, I am only using it when we blast home on the delta through choppy water. This winter, I hope to design a tab controller that will allow me to auto deploy it for getting on plane quicker when boarding -- it should help with fuel economy.

• 3 weeks later...