HUGE problem... any help would be great

11 hours ago, 4warned said:

Local Albertan here (albeit, boat lives in Invermere) - i have the same 2014 F22 as yours.

I've got the same stock ballast hard tanks (filled 100% on surf side, empty on other side), suction cup wedge (mission) on the opposite side, and a pair of 500lb sacks that i always keep full (lazy), Cav plate usually 1/3-1/2 way down and we can pull some pretty good surf waves. Lots of folks have surfed behind our boat and can't believe (for the equipment) how good it is. 

Can i ask what speed you're going? I didn't see it above. We are usually at 10.7 mph. I found speed made a huge difference on our wave. Our (non-lifted) platform doesn't affect the wave either. 

With that said, I can't find a picture of our wave now. I'll post one if i can find it. 

@4warned hey that's awesome.  I'll pm you and maybe we could chat as well.    
I started the surf at around 11.8 mph (because the previous owner had it set there), but quickly dialed it down once I saw the messy wave.  I think I ended up around 10.9, but I don't have any sacs (yet) so the wave still wasn't great.  From what I am hearing from everyone, this boat will clean up with some more weight.   

It's great to hear from someone who has the exact same boat.  If you have a chance, could you measure the clearance you have from your prop to the hull?  I believe the previous owner swapped out the prop and I want to rule out that it isn't causing any grief.   I've been looking at several other boats (nautique's, centurion's, etc) and they are all maybe 1/2" - 1" clearance.  Mine is more like 2" clearance if I remember right (need to go measure it again).  See attached

IMG_2504.jpg

10 hours ago, widdogg said:

It's great to hear from someone who has the exact same boat.  If you have a chance, could you measure the clearance you have from your prop to the hull?  I believe the previous owner swapped out the prop and I want to rule out that it isn't causing any grief.   I've been looking at several other boats (nautique's, centurion's, etc) and they are all maybe 1/2" - 1" clearance.  Mine is more like 2" clearance if I remember right (need to go measure it again).  See attached

I should be able to measure that early next week for you (boat is tucked away in the "toy box" aka spare garage across town). And like you mentioned, pretty sure a little bit more weight in the back corners will help a lot. My cav plate looks exactly like your picture when not in use (i.e. fully retracted up). 

Just an FYI for anyone following along that does not know. The last 2 digits of the HIN is the year model. This is not an MB thing, but its standardized across the marine industry. Just like street vehicle's VIN has the the year model in it, among other info, so do boat boats. So matter what brand boat you are looking to buy, Check the HIN to verify the year matches the add and paperwork. 

Sorry to hear that you had that happen.  Unfortunately, most boats require 3k pounds plus ballast to put out a good surf wave.  That part is not as big of an investment as it sounds and it pays big dividends.  I just sold a 2014 B52 23 and it was slapped with 5k of ballast.  I'd match that surf wave up against any boat.  I recommend talking to Don (who once owned my boat).  Sorry for the trouble but with a little time and incremental investments, you can transform that boat to a surf machine!  I've surfed behind a 14 tomcat that had a GSA and extra ballast and it was awesome.  Hang in there!