F 21 setup, Bow rides way to high

Just bought a 2018 F21 tomcat. Not very experienced w surf boats. Pretty happy w the wave it makes but wouldn't mind having some more length to it. I believe hard ballasts add 1800 lbs, and 2 plugnplay bags 700lbs each. So total of 3200 lbs. No additional weight other than passengers (usually 3 plus surfer).

I have a couple questions hoping to get some advice........

The first is that the bow rides really high, too high in my opinion. I am planning on buying lead weight to put into the front and seeing how that works. Does anyone have experience if thats the best solution?  How much and exactly where to add it. 

What else could I do to make to the wave even bigger?  900 or 1100lb pnp sacks with even more lead in the front. Too much for the 21' boat??  When is to much to much, and no longer benefits the effort?? In short what the absolute optimal setup for best/biggest wave and i want the bow down more..  side question...... what percentage seems to work best w the center tab?

Thanks for any advice!!!

Yes 500# is a good place to start. 

We run 600# lead with most as far forward as possible in the bow and depending upon how much gas and people in the boat, we keep the rest midship or further back. 

Just remember, while lowering the bow does lengthen the wave, it also makes it less steep. 

Speed lengthens as well, so we find running at 11.5mph works best for us.

Good luck.   

1 hour ago, Alsmb said:

Nice! Thank you! Can you get the bow low enough so you can see while sitting on the seat riser without compromising the wake (less steep) too much?

I think a 21 foot by nature will have more bow rise then a longer boat. but adding bow weight will make it a lot better

7 hours ago, Alsmb said:

Nice! Thank you! Can you get the bow low enough so you can see while sitting on the seat riser without compromising the wake (less steep) too much?

We're in a f22 not a 21, but for reference, I balance the boat to where I can see while sitting down without using the riser. It will surf great with the nose higher, but the RPM are 2-400 higher depending on how high the nose gets. Use all 500# in the nose and drain the rear bag on the non-surf side until your happy with your setup. I wouldn't add any more weight in the back. You have plenty as it. That boat should throw a very nice wave.

On 9/21/2021 at 10:58 AM, Alsmb said:

For me I need the riser but thats likely because i am 5’8”. 

Rule of thumb for me to maximize the wave is putt 400# all the way forward in the bow and the rest midship. 

Then if you cant either see over bow or get the boat to 11.5mph, then you need to keep adding to bow until you get there.