OH SNAP NEW RIG INBOUND - what do I need to buy?

jcole21

Morning crew!

Got a heads up my boat is finished! Waiting for electric brakes and then it’ll ship (hoping to get some pics next week). 

wondering what I need to buy… going from a 14 B52 to a 22 F24.  Tint / ceramic / powder coating the rub rail as soon as it shows up. 

*what blanket recommendations y’all got? I thought I’d seen some that were like sacks, I’ve got heaters now and looking to use em (boys already have wetsuits)

*seems like 500# of lead - whachall recommend for scooping up lead?

*new bumpers - I’ve got the sentry guards right now - what’s the best protection and best looking bumper out there?

*anything else y’all would be thinking about / thought was a clutch buy on the upgrade?

All metallic black, super pumped:

470A4B3A-99B4-4034-A010-C38EEBFDF480.jpeg

Can wait to see the pics!

I'm sure @Hyperrydwould be happy if you picked up some surf rack's or locker nets 😄

What sacs are included from the factory?  I'm guessing it will include three (1 bow, 2 rear lockers)?  Do you know the sizes?  That would determine how much lead you want/need.

A lot of people used to like the Exile bumper balls.  Of course that was before the transition to JL, but there are others who make the same style. https://www.exileaudio.com/products/exile-buoy-ball-fender

Nice whip @jcole21

That thing had some serious ramp appeal! 

I use https://letstieupnow.com/ for my bumper balls. Check em' out. Much bigger than exile balls and offer unparalleled protection.  They aren't cheap, but follow on insta for an occasional sale. I got in on a group buy via the Moomba forums to save a little coin. 

Thanks gents!

it’s got sacks in the back and front - I think like 2200 total (but I’m not certain). Provo has a pretty good description of his layout and I think he’s running like 500#. 

Will get a few balls. Appreciate the responses and will throw up some pics when I get em. 

No sacs.  The internal is all you're going to want.  The 500 lbs of lead is good.  I'll post the locations for the set up, but just got back into town, and have a few items to cover first. 

You'll want some big bumpers.  This boat is much bigger than you realize when you get up against the docks. 

You'll want a good sized anchor, if you have cause to use one (and you will), along with an anchor buddy.

Tie-up lines.

Lot's of towels for wiping down at the end of the day.  Again there is a great deal more acreage on this boat than you realize.

And unless you're over 6' tall, with a good wingspan, a small step ladder, or stool for use at the pump.  I just crawl up on the trailer, but that's not terribly secure. 

Also, remember if you have kooltech fabric, only use soapy water to clean.  NO Chemicals, or you've destroyed the coating on the fabric.

We're all looking forward to seeing the pics.

I'll post the weight set up soon.

23 hours ago, ProvoMB52 said:

And unless you're over 6' tall, with a good wingspan, a small step ladder, or stool for use at the pump.  I just crawl up on the trailer, but that's not terribly secure. 

I laughed when I read this. I filled one up a couple of years ago. I am 6’ tall and it was a fun trip to the gas station!

BB7B9213-E8A4-4422-B9E9-A7BB7BDFEC07.jpeg

Thanks so much for the feedback gents. Super appreciative of the detailed write up as well, Provo. 

My build sheet says plug-n-play rear and bow. Sounds like I won’t be using it, but at least it looks like that’s coming and/or I paid for it in the base price 😂

Trailer in transit from TN to CA and boat will ship to AZ from there. Getting super pumped!!!

The build sheet will show plug-n-play rear and bow.  You'll get the bow, but the rear will not be included.  You'll have to talk to your dealer about what you paid for, and what is included. 

Enjoy the ride, and be sure to send pics, or video of how it all looks when you get the wall of water moving across the lake.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...