Ballast System

SkySki

In the 23 twb I'd be real surprised if the 650 sack fills more than a 400 on the cushions. The 23 is real shallow under the seats.

somepete says his will fill completely..but i havent filled mine to confirm. even if i can only get 400 out of it that is still better than having a 400lb sac sitting on top of the seats and taking up room.

Can you remove the existing through hulls and temporarily mount a piece of wood on the inside of the hull to give the pilot bit something to bite into for your hole saw?

This is a pretty good idea if you can get something behind that hole.. I was thinking about making a drill guide out of a piece of wood that could be used on the outside of the boat. You could hold it up against the rub rail and mark your hole location and then take it down and core a hole through it' date=' put it back up to check it and then you would have to have someone hold it up tight in position while you core through the boat.. It could act as a guide to keep the bit from slipping all over the place while you were establishing a bite.[/quote']

That is my plan as well. Since I am drilling three holes in three different places (9 total), I want the spacing to be perfect. I am working on getting the spacing I want with thin wood, then I will use MDF for the template. Next I will use the template to score the gel coat and then drill away. I will take pictures as I go.

Just looked at the weather report. Not sure I want to start drilling in the boat tomorrow. Need to be done by next weekend.

Should have had all your winter mods done by now.. geesssh... because it looks like its officially boating season :woohoo:

Kidding.. I think im actually going to order up the parts to finally plump my sacs in as well.

photo.PNG

Trying to get the spacing worked out. Probably going wit the closer spacing. The top is about 3/4 inch spacing and the lower is the 1/2 inch spacing. May go closer in the end' date=' but with the backing nut on the fitting I can't go too close. Glad I looked at this today. Received 1 wrong fitting in the box. Didn't realize it until I opened all of the packages.

post-25983-136407199414_thumb.jpg

post-27512-136407198604_thumb.jpg

I am a little worried I won't get everything done this week, so I don't know if I will start drilling today. I think I will just try and get templates and placement worked out, just in case. Looks like it might be a good trip to canyon next weekend.

Oh come on man... you cant leave us hanging like that..

you post all these pictures and then quit for the day?

you get back out in that garage and start drillin some holes!!!

those of us up north who still have months to wait to even get our boats out want to see some F'd up Arizona gelcoat B)

JK... looking great so far. BIG difference between the stock ports and your new ones

That was f'n funny. I did just get up off my butt. I am going to get a template started on the intake thru hulls now. Pretty much the same except I don't have to be so critical of spacing, just placement.

I don't have anyone to help me hold the templates today. Family ditched me and went to the beach in California for the week. Besides the fact I forgot to get silicon yesterday when I was at west marine.

Started looking for a good place to put all of this stuff. Started looking behind the engine - that isn't going to work. Looked under the rear seat and I think this will work. I was looking at the placement of each valve individually first.

post-25983-136407198759_thumb.jpg

post-25983-136407198767_thumb.jpg

post-25983-136407198776_thumb.jpg