Future of MB

Bill Smeltzer

• 3 months later...

I put a deposit down on a 22 today. I believe I was told only the 24 was getting the extended ballast to the bow but I could easily be wrong about that. All gravity fed like current set up, Mike just figured out a way to join the cabin and bow to fill together. I was also told about the new surf system Mike is working on and it's very simple and easy to retrofit. Said it gave the 22 that he's testing on the best surf wave out of the MB line up.

I know this is my first post here, but have been reading here for a while and finally pulled the trigger. Now it's design time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I put a deposit down on a 22 today. I believe I was told only the 24 was getting the extended ballast to the bow but I could easily be wrong about that. All gravity fed like current set up, Mike just figured out a way to join the cabin and bow to fill together. I was also told about the new surf system Mike is working on and it's very simple and easy to retrofit. Said it gave the 22 that he's testing on the best surf wave out of the MB line up.

I know this is my first post here, but have been reading here for a while and finally pulled the trigger. Now it's design time.

SHHHH...don't tell MFG... I want to be the guy with the most crap hanging off the back of my boat again!  Midnight and MFG have me beat right now!!

We have not even started the design process, in fact have not even been out on the boat yet.  We are headed to Vail this weekend for a little snow time so we are doing our demo next Saturday.  If all goes well there then we will either design our own or just take one of Craig's 20 he has on his lot if we like any.  We are coming out of a 2009 Nautique so my wife is very hesitant to make the move but I'm sure the demo will seal the deal for her too.  I am a real simple boat guy, so the color scheme will be %98 white with some pretty strong accents.  It will probably look a lot like WD's new boat but color accents instead of black and the inside will be all white with color piping only if possible.  I just wished they made a powdercoated tower, not sure the stainless tower looks as good on an all white boat as a white tower does.  If that's the only concern though we will be in good shape. 

On the design/options topic, are there any that are a must?  All his boats are ordered with the trim plate and pretty the necessary goodies, but anything else?  I have not been able to see a good picture of the theatre lighting.  There is another thread about this but the picture does not come up for me for some reason.  So part of our deal is I'm able to either upgrade to a bigger amp and one set of Rev 10s, add a second set of Rev 8s or plumb both rear compartment with pumps for extra bags with toggle switches and a stainless plate from Mike.  Leaning towards doing the plumbing work since the other is pretty simple to do down the road.  Can you add the forward facing tower lights after the fact or does that have to be done as an option during the build process.  We are in Texas so the heaters aren't an issue.

Jim... My wife and I also put down a deposit on a F22 this past weekend at the DFW boat show.

We have a pretty good idea of what we want it to look like, but we don't go until after the show to actually design the boat. 

The wife has waffled a bit on the F22 or the Moomba mojo, but I think we are back for sure with the F22.

James

We have not even started the design process, in fact have not even been out on the boat yet.  We are headed to Vail this weekend for a little snow time so we are doing our demo next Saturday.  If all goes well there then we will either design our own or just take one of Craig's 20 he has on his lot if we like any.  We are coming out of a 2009 Nautique so my wife is very hesitant to make the move but I'm sure the demo will seal the deal for her too.  I am a real simple boat guy, so the color scheme will be %98 white with some pretty strong accents.  It will probably look a lot like WD's new boat but color accents instead of black and the inside will be all white with color piping only if possible.  I just wished they made a powdercoated tower, not sure the stainless tower looks as good on an all white boat as a white tower does.  If that's the only concern though we will be in good shape. 

On the design/options topic, are there any that are a must?  All his boats are ordered with the trim plate and pretty the necessary goodies, but anything else?  I have not been able to see a good picture of the theatre lighting.  There is another thread about this but the picture does not come up for me for some reason.  So part of our deal is I'm able to either upgrade to a bigger amp and one set of Rev 10s, add a second set of Rev 8s or plumb both rear compartment with pumps for extra bags with toggle switches and a stainless plate from Mike.  Leaning towards doing the plumbing work since the other is pretty simple to do down the road.  Can you add the forward facing tower lights after the fact or does that have to be done as an option during the build process.  We are in Texas so the heaters aren't an issue.

Good call on the 98% white.  I think the all white boats with the current towers are going to look badass.  Very timeless and will still look "cool" in 5 years IMO.

-I would plumb the bags early if I were you, and do the factory plate.  As for stereo, again....I got a smokin deal on the 4 revs and an amp, and all I will need to do is re-amp my tower, then use the HT-2 that came with it for two 808s in the rear cabin foot well area. With that said I am a guy that has literally as much fun working on the boat as I do riding behind it, so having a clean slate boat is going to be killer, plus I LOVE the new towers.  Windows are something that just has to be seen in person while sitting int he driver's seat, and you just seem to get it once you see it.

-With that said, having factory installed Heater and Trim plate, I didn't pay anywhere near what people were being quoted for having dealers put them in after the fact. (NO guys I DIDN'T Pay $1200 extra for a trim indicator gauge to be in the dash ha ha)  

So this will leave me less mod times with those projects and more time to attach weird random crap to the transom if possible. :)  

I want to hear more about this NSS style "add on" Mb will be coming out with...I hope its mega simple like Moomba's and can be retro.  

Jim... My wife and I also put down a deposit on a F22 this past weekend at the DFW boat show.

We have a pretty good idea of what we want it to look like, but we don't go until after the show to actually design the boat. 

The wife has waffled a bit on the F22 or the Moomba mojo, but I think we are back for sure with the F22.

James

I really like the styling that moomba has for the mojo.  I love the bows.

Good call on the 98% white.  I think the all white boats with the current towers are going to look badass.  Very timeless and will still look "cool" in 5 years IMO.

-I would plumb the bags early if I were you, and do the factory plate.  As for stereo, again....I got a smokin deal on the 4 revs and an amp, and all I will need to do is re-amp my tower, then use the HT-2 that came with it for two 808s in the rear cabin foot well area. With that said I am a guy that has literally as much fun working on the boat as I do riding behind it, so having a clean slate boat is going to be killer, plus I LOVE the new towers.  Windows are something that just has to be seen in person while sitting int he driver's seat, and you just seem to get it once you see it.

-With that said, having factory installed Heater and Trim plate, I didn't pay anywhere near what people were being quoted for having dealers put them in after the fact. (NO guys I DIDN'T Pay $1200 extra for a trim indicator gauge to be in the dash ha ha)  

So this will leave me less mod times with those projects and more time to attach weird random crap to the transom if possible. :)  

I want to hear more about this NSS style "add on" Mb will be coming out with...I hope its mega simple like Moomba's and can be retro.  

dirt I figured you'd be adding the 808s for the driver, not in the back.  Are you doing driver's speakers too?

I figure that they will fill the area just fine, also I have never been a fan of a speaker right in the side panel next to the driver.  I may add two more 808s later in the summer if I like their sound...which I assume I will.  But Ballast and re-amp is first projects, then extra 10s in driver's well and 808s.

A bit off topic but has anyone added just one really well powered/badass 10 in the existing spot?

It's not as close to NSS which is Nautiques system but more like Moomba's flow system. Again, all this is speculation from a good source but what I was told is it will be a downward extruding system instead of an outward extruding system like the NSS. I was told the install is so easy retrofitting would be a no-brainier.

It's not as close to NSS which is Nautiques system but more like Moomba's flow system. Again, all this is speculation from a good source but what I was told is it will be a downward extruding system instead of an outward extruding system like the NSS. I was told the install is so easy retrofitting would be a no-brainier.

I like the sound of that!

I figure that they will fill the area just fine, also I have never been a fan of a speaker right in the side panel next to the driver.  I may add two more 808s later in the summer if I like their sound...which I assume I will.  But Ballast and re-amp is first projects, then extra 10s in driver's well and 808s.

A bit off topic but has anyone added just one really well powered/badass 10 in the existing spot?

I remember seeing threads about people upgrading that sub.  If you are building a boat, I'd see if you could just have them omit the sub there.  You'd save a little bit of room for something over there (heater, ballast pump, lazer light machine, fog dispenser, etc).

And really once you hear what it sounds like with driver's speakers, you'd wonder why you don't have them.  It makes the stereo experience for el capitan SOOOOOO much better.  

Jim, those were the colors I was originally going to go with..

I'd say do it, it will look awesome and green will great in moderation!

SD, I think I may try to re power sub and seal it as is, and then add the 2 jl10s I never got to use if I need more. Maybe the reason I don't want driver's speakers is so that I will be more apt to jump around in the smoke and lights with the rest of the people aboard ha ha! I doubt there will be smoke/lazers on the 22

I hope they used my oakie gate that is a stick of thread stock through the swim deck mounts  :rolleyes:

post-1064-0-34455600-1391745907_thumb.jpg

Then big question is...

When will MB release it 2015 Models?

based on previous years. I would guess somewhere around Sept/Oct/Nov of '14\

From what I've heard.. the surf enhancement system is complete, Mike is waiting for legal/patents to clear before releasing the system though. 

My guess is that he would release it as soon as that happens, and not necessarily wait for the next model year.