MB NightMare

CDM

Has anyone on here experienced a problem with getting warranty work done?m with a dealership that you didn’t purchase the boat from?

My wife and I bought a F22 alpha from California skier last year, we had been looking for 6-8 months for a boat we liked and subsequently found one, problem being we had just moved from SoCal to NorCal, we tried having the boat transferred or sold to West Coast Boats but California skier didn’t want to do that which I understand! I asked would there be a problem getting the boat serviced or worked on from West Coast boat Centre, I was told no it’s fine, both from MB and California skier! 

20hr service comes around and I call west coast boat Centre and they tell me if you didn’t buy it off us then they won’t help me, I spend two months between talking to MB and WCBC and finally they agree to take it! Now it’s been in the Centre for almost 3 months and I keep getting told they are waiting on parts while the factory are saying they have sent them! It seems MB & Malibu have a reputation for this sort of problem!

Man, 

I'm sorry you are frustrated. It would be hard to carve out a relationship with a particular dealer only to have to leave shortly after purchase. 

I guess where there is ambiguity is in the term "warranty work". I don't believe routine, or even first, service is part of MB's warranty. That's usually something that you can negotiate in with your (for you unfortunately) selling dealer. In other words, I don't think a dealer gets reimbursed for routine or scheduled service, which means you are asking the new dealer (who didn't receive a penny from you) to go through the expense of labor and parts for free. 

Now if there is something WRONG with your new whip  and you are fixing it under warranty, then absolutely, you should be treated with the same zeal as any other dealer, and your frustrations are very warranted. 

Keep us updated, I hope it works out to your satisfaction, because these are really cool boats. 

Thanks for the reply , Sorry for the confusion, so it’s in for its 20hr service ( which I’m paying for) I was told by MB I can goto any place who is a Indmar service rep or business! I have a few issues on the boat with that are under warranty, so when I first called WCBC I was looking the warranty work! Once they finally accepted the boat after months of back and forth with MB, I brought it to the Centre I said I’ll get them to service it as I’ll be paying them rather than someone else! Again I fully understand that the customers that bought a boat  with them are priority, but in NO stage of buying the boat was I told it would be an issue, both from MB and CaliSkier, furthermore nor does it state on MB warranty book or policy this would be an issue.

MB played around a little at the start, I was speaking to the warranty guy last August/Sep,( who’s no longer with MB)  it was always the same “let me call them”  then I’d hear nothing for two weeks,I’d call back same thing again, this went on to November, finally after saying I’d have to go the legal road if I they couldn’t even sort a simple appointment date out I get a call from WCBC, “ here’s a date end of November see you then”  sort of deal, definitely weren’t happy on the phone. It’s my first boat so I’m new to it all but Jesus its $140k not some Toyota Prius i bought, I could of went with Mastetcraft etc but I’d heard of MB and it’s a smaller family like business so I didn’t expect this! 

Sorry to hear. My experience with MB has always been positive when I've worked with them. Mike Sanchez always helped me out. Not sure if he is still there. I completely agree with you, this shouldn't be a difficult issue to resolve and MB should be able to call the dealer and tell them to get their act together. If the old warranty person no longer works there maybe the new person can be a fresh start? 

Unfortunately this is an industry wide issue with most brands. They aren’t like cars and they are very territorial. Each dealer works to take care of their own customers and “if” they have time they will do others. Don’t even get me started on the one time warranty transfer to only the second owner. The entire boating industry needs to fix this if they are going to charge over $100k on a day boat. 

• 2 months later...

“Resolved”

😂😂😂😂

I sent it in with a list

- swim step had chipping/ flaking from factory all around lip 

- tower clamps off alignment, (noticed at initial viewing before purchase) 

- Bimini clips not lining up correctly 

- Gator step peeling on Bow and throttle area (fixed)

- Temp/depth gauge not working (fixed)

- swim step not seated correctly 

- broken swim mirror bracket (new bracket delivered to my home address )

- Preform 20hr service 

- winterize the boat

boat was in for four months, got it back with unresolved issues, at that point I was happy to just have the boat back, got it back covered in stains and mold! Never even bothered contacting MB or WCBC because they where both a nightmare to deal with! You’d think spending $140k and going with a smaller name like MB the service would be a better! 

0A717251-0C9C-4626-B3E7-30A58A90FD8E.jpeg

DE5D79DB-9376-43DF-89E1-C3A4946F0847.jpeg

1F21906F-653B-4A03-AA1C-B48AC4C4324F.jpeg

67BDF31E-1A5F-49EC-86BD-D0FE634AE649.jpeg

0070535C-C9FF-4B2B-AB33-64B23E1ADDD5.jpeg

On 4/5/2023 at 2:16 PM, CDM said:

Yea considering the boat was Clean and had zero stains when I left it in! Just a shitty situation, does anyone know what should be done on a 20hr service and a winterize of the boat? 

if you get on indmar website you can find the maintenance schedule. But If i remember its all the drive fluids, check shaft alignment. 

On 1/18/2023 at 1:35 AM, Hyperryd said:

Unfortunately this is an industry wide issue with most brands. They aren’t like cars and they are very territorial. Each dealer works to take care of their own customers and “if” they have time they will do others. Don’t even get me started on the one time warranty transfer to only the second owner. The entire boating industry needs to fix this if they are going to charge over $100k on a day boat. 

100K? 

That's so yesterday.. lol.