New TBS ownership..

Guppydriver

Man...

It seems like there are a lot of satisfied customers of Jason and Mike as they worked damn hard to build relationships with their clients.  When I went to the boat show in Utah, I got a chance to talk to the new owners and they seemed really cool, I'm optimistic but change is always hard. 

Regardless, it's a little bittersweet to see @JDUB out of the new boat selling business.  I'm stoked Jaxon is still around wrenching the boats as I have some warranty issues that were promised to be rectified by the old guard. 

Just wondering if anyone has experience with the "new" Boat Shack and what has been.

On 4/9/2023 at 6:53 PM, Guppydriver said:

Man...

It seems like there are a lot of satisfied customers of Jason and Mike as they worked damn hard to build relationships with their clients.  When I went to the boat show in Utah, I got a chance to talk to the new owners and they seemed really cool, I'm optimistic but change is always hard. 

Regardless, it's a little bittersweet to see @JDUB out of the new boat selling business.  I'm stoked Jaxon is still around wrenching the boats as I have some warranty issues that were promised to be rectified by the old guard. 

Just wondering if anyone has experience with the "new" Boat Shack and what has been.

Jason is still in the boat selling business.  Jaxon is great, and I do like that they actually have an electronic system to keep track of history and service work. I love the boat shack, but I am coming on year 3 and 90 percent of the warranty issues Ive had since the first season. still havent been done.  I am not worried for the boatshack has always taken care of me. I believe this is an MB issues. They tell me MB is hard to work with on warranty work. A lot of times they have just fixed my stereo issues in the past on their dime, to not have to deal with MB.  

On 4/14/2023 at 11:10 AM, bloodiestcadaver said:

Jason is still in the boat selling business.  Jaxon is great, and I do like that they actually have an electronic system to keep track of history and service work. I love the boat shack, but I am coming on year 3 and 90 percent of the warranty issues Ive had since the first season. still havent been done.  I am not worried for the boatshack has always taken care of me. I believe this is an MB issues. They tell me MB is hard to work with on warranty work. A lot of times they have just fixed my stereo issues in the past on their dime, to not have to deal with MB.  

I hear you..

I think MB wasn't ready to grow at the pace they did the last 3-4 years. I had a post with some interior issues when I bought my boat new in 2020, and I am still waiting. Jaxon wants the boat in so he can facetime MB.. 

I trust him, but I can tell that MB isn't the easiest to work with.

I'm a huge fan of Jason, and hope his new company does well.  

On 4/15/2023 at 5:56 PM, Guppydriver said:

I hear you..

I think MB wasn't ready to grow at the pace they did the last 3-4 years. I had a post with some interior issues when I bought my boat new in 2020, and I am still waiting. Jaxon wants the boat in so he can facetime MB.. 

I trust him, but I can tell that MB isn't the easiest to work with.

I'm a huge fan of Jason, and hope his new company does well.  

Yup I have upholstery  issues from day one on my 2020.  I have dropped it off all winter for the last 3 seasons, just to have them say they are waiting on MB. sadly I think a lot my issues are just going to get a cheap patch job, since the correct fix would be to replace entire panels, which I don't see MB wanting to do, especially if the color doesn't match, it would need the entire thing redone.  I as well trust jaxon, eventually , it will get done.  Id rather have my boat at my house over the winter tho, everytime I get it back its just completely trashed. I always sweep the snow off, have my poles installed and use a air mover. make sure its tight for the winter nap. 

On 4/17/2023 at 9:36 AM, bloodiestcadaver said:

Yup I have upholstery  issues from day one on my 2020.  I have dropped it off all winter for the last 3 seasons, just to have them say they are waiting on MB. sadly I think a lot my issues are just going to get a cheap patch job, since the correct fix would be to replace entire panels, which I don't see MB wanting to do, especially if the color doesn't match, it would need the entire thing redone.  I as well trust jaxon, eventually , it will get done.  Id rather have my boat at my house over the winter tho, everytime I get it back its just completely trashed. I always sweep the snow off, have my poles installed and use a air mover. make sure its tight for the winter nap. 

Yeah...

I'm just getting worried about pushing it past my warranty expiration date. You never know when the "MB Guy" who says they will eventually get it done leaves and his/her replacement says your SOL.  

They will want your boat back in Ca. if they are going to replace entire skins. Bottom line is a lot of the 2020's got some known bad product and they had serious personel issues that kept a good interior from being put in. 

2 hours ago, Guppydriver said:

Yeah...

I'm just getting worried about pushing it past my warranty expiration date. You never know when the "MB Guy" who says they will eventually get it done leaves and his/her replacement says your SOL.  

They will want your boat back in Ca. if they are going to replace entire skins. Bottom line is a lot of the 2020's got some known bad product and they had serious personal issues that kept a good interior from being put in. 

jaxon assured me this won't happen, as a claim has been submitted. But I would be pretty angry with MB as a 2 time customer

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, oboyskibum said:

@bloodiestcadaver @Guppydriver I have some interior issues with my foam and stitching that Jaxon is working on as well. Let me know what happens with yours. We may need to get together and chat.

I got a call from jaxon a couple weeks ago. He told me MB actually has my replacement material authorized and its "ordered" thats a step in the right direction, but I have no idea what that actually means. 

On 5/17/2023 at 12:45 PM, schill38 said:

I waited almost 2 years to get 2 replacement speakers but got them this winter, so don't lose faith lol!!

Yea I am not worried. It could be worse. The boat runs great, Ive had it break down on my once but it was minor. other then that its been flawless. Im not worried about cosmetic stuff.