High Altitude Prop for 2020 F22

Hi All,

Just purchased a new to me 2020 F22 (Raptor 400) from AZ. Bringing it up to Colorado (6,000ft elevation) and guessing I need to swap out props. Current prop is an ACME 2247 and we will mostly be surfing. I have been recommended the ACME 2773 and 3093. Will be using full hard tanks and PnP Bags in the rear. No bow bag but will have 400#'s of lead up front and a couple hundred #'s mid-ship. 8 or so passengers (mix of younger kids and adults). Does anyone have some real world recommendations?

Thanks,

KG

I boat in utah ( about 5500-6100 ft) I like the 2247. I have heard good things with the 3093, but never used one myself. Sometimes i have to let out the water, but if your weighted in the front it gets up to speed and keeps the rpms low. its usually if I have a full crew, The wave is always big anyway. IMO

20 hours ago, KG19 said:

Thanks for the response @bloodiestcadaver. This is my first surf boat and not exactly sure how to prop it. I guess with the 3093, I am mostly worried about topping out at 25 MPH when trying to get from one end of the lake to the other. Do you have the 400 or 440?

My 2017 had a 440 and i used the same prop. But compared to my 2020 with the 400 I believe the gearing was lower in the 2017. (both 23 footers) with the 2020 400 I cruise at 25 mph around 3k ish if I remember( its been a long winter). these boats are meant to pull weight, so you will sacrifice top end. This has been a discussion, but IMO the raptor likes the higher rpms, I am surfing about 4000 rpms, but lower if I can get a lot of weight in the bow. you will top out around 32 mph around 5600 rpms. 

I think I may have been mistaking on the 3093. But there is one that is recommended that is a 15.5 diameter that will give you more hole shot, but people are adding a guard to the hull to prevent pitting.  

IMO I like the 2247 because it is common and easy to find, and I like good deals, I see 2247 used for 400 give or take. The 3093 will have a higher pitch, so you will have lower rpms at higher speeds, but you may have issues getting up to surf speeds and have to dump more weight.  Based on my 5-6 years of boating with MB, I see no reason to change from the 2247