Prop recommendation for 2700’ elevation.

Kalbluewater

Has anyone used the 2419 x15” prop?  Wakemakers suggested this one a couple years ago for my 2019 B52 with 440.  
I have not seen any other posts with this prop and am starting to wonder if it is too aggressive.  I have had to re-align the motor & transmission twice, but am told it was just poor mounts.  ??? Anyone??

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for the 2247. Love this prop. 

I have tried many different props on my 17 B-23 and this prop is money!

although it has a 14.25" pitch the .150 cup really gives this prop great bite.

I typically boat at 5500' and run about 4500# of ballast and this thing get the boat up quick and runs about 3800RPM at surf speed. 

I also have been enjoying an average of around 4 GPH over the last year or so of running with this prop

😎

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Prov.Matt said:

I usually boat at 500-1,000'.   Will the 2419 lower rpm's and work for surfing at the lower elevation as well?  Looking to mitigate some fuel consumption, rpm's, and engine noise by sacrificing top end.  

it depends on what you have on now. But typically lower rpms will result in higher top speed.  I think the 14-15 pitch range would be fine. Might be able to even go more pitch at that elevation, but I cannot speak from experience, since I boat at 3300-5900 feet. 

On 8/8/2023 at 1:23 PM, Prov.Matt said:

I usually boat at 500-1,000'.   Will the 2419 lower rpm's and work for surfing at the lower elevation as well?  Looking to mitigate some fuel consumption, rpm's, and engine noise by sacrificing top end.  

Unless your current prop has even less pitch than the 12" of the 2419, it will almost certainly not lower your rpm at any given speed.  Generally speaking, less pitch = more rpm for any particular speed. It's like operating in a lower gear in your car or truck.  It is possible that your boat needs that lower pitch in order to reach the portion of your engine's powerband necessary to pull whatever load you are trying to pull, but I would not expect to reduce rpm by going to a low pitch prop.