Help with Surf Set Up

fastsoup

3 hours ago, fastsoup said:

Thanks...can I drain the opposite side while I am traveling the 11.2mph? 

absolutely! Mine had the manual valves. I think yours are electric? none the less it will work. its a great way to clean up your wake board wake on both sides as well. 

also If I have a lot of people on board and I struggle to get up to speed, I will dump both rear ballast at the same time till I reach speed. 

It is possible that having those 1100s all the way full is just too much, unless you are okay with running closer to 12 mph.  I know in my 16 F22, which I special ordered 1100s for, filling them all the way doesn't make for the best wave unless I push the boat hard and run 12.2 or so.  Running in the 11.2 - 11.6 mph range, II get the best wave with the surf side bag about 3/4 full and the off-side bag about 1/2 full.  I can surf with them evenly filled just fine, but cheating weight to the surf side makes for a better wave on my boat.  Also, on mine, using the cav plate at all only hurts to regular side wave.  It can be helpful on the goofy side, though, up to about 33%.  Past that it just crumbles the lip of the wave.

8 hours ago, fastsoup said:

Thanks fellas...I tried all sorts of things out this past weekend...getting a little better...but definitely not what I expected coming from my buddies 2020 b52...his wave just seems longer and just as steep. 

I could never get my 2017 to be as good as my 2020. But once you get it down, you'll be happy with it. it makes a great wave. having the bow down will give you a longer wave( weight, faster speed)

One thing that just dawned on me...when I bought the boat it came with a 3065 Acme prop. The wave was good then...a few weeks later I smacked up the prop and in a pinch had to buy a factory prop of 2247...I can honestly say I feel like that prop isn't help my cause. I now have the 3065 repaired and back in my hand and wonder if I should put it back on. I also received a spare Acme 2775 from the seller of the boat a few weeks ago. 

The boat spends it's days at the same lake always...very low elevation of only 47m.

Any idea which prop would be best to run? My buddy at the same lake with a 2020 b53 runs the 3065.

13 hours ago, fastsoup said:

One thing that just dawned on me...when I bought the boat it came with a 3065 Acme prop. The wave was good then...a few weeks later I smacked up the prop and in a pinch had to buy a factory prop of 2247...I can honestly say I feel like that prop isn't help my cause. I now have the 3065 repaired and back in my hand and wonder if I should put it back on. I also received a spare Acme 2775 from the seller of the boat a few weeks ago. 

The boat spends it's days at the same lake always...very low elevation of only 47m.

Any idea which prop would be best to run? My buddy at the same lake with a 2020 b53 runs the 3065.

interesting. 2247 has the most pitch out of your options. I use that prop at 5900 feet and its great.  for cruising I would stick with it. I used the 2247 on my 2017 as well. I did have the 2775, it felt like a rocket, but it would cavitate with a lot of weight and struggled to get up to speed.  

22 hours ago, bloodiestcadaver said:

interesting. 2247 has the most pitch out of your options. I use that prop at 5900 feet and its great.  for cruising I would stick with it. I used the 2247 on my 2017 as well. I did have the 2775, it felt like a rocket, but it would cavitate with a lot of weight and struggled to get up to speed.  

I spoke with Acme Props this morning and they said to use the 2775 for my application. 1.5 gear ratio over the 1.7 on the newer MB's makes for a better application with the 2775. I am going to install for this weekend and give it a whirl. 

8 minutes ago, fastsoup said:

I spoke with Acme Props this morning and they said to use the 2775 for my application. 1.5 gear ratio over the 1.7 on the newer MB's makes for a better application with the 2775. I am going to install for this weekend and give it a whirl. 

doesn't hurt to try, But thats a lot less pitch. Im surprised the 2247 is perfect for you

1 minute ago, fastsoup said:

You mean "isn't" perfect? I could be...but I'll try the 2775 and ensure...I know the 3065 was a great wave.

Yes lol. You may be onto it affecting the wave. Ive never changed props for wave purposes. But I remember cruising with the 2775 at like 4000 going 20 mph. But as you say it was the 1.7 ratio so you may be not too bad. 

1 hour ago, bloodiestcadaver said:

Yes lol. You may be onto it affecting the wave. Ive never changed props for wave purposes. But I remember cruising with the 2775 at like 4000 going 20 mph. But as you say it was the 1.7 ratio so you may be not too bad. 

I was actually just told by the seller of the boat that I have the 1.75:1 gearing (late model 2016) so the best prop is indeed the 3065 - he said the 2775 is the worst...he just grabbed it as a spare because it was the only one in stock. 

On 8/23/2023 at 10:00 AM, fastsoup said:

If your boat has the 1.5 transmission ration, the 2775 should be really good!  It is too shallow of pitch when combined with the 1.7, IMO, and I hated it on my boat for that reason.  Felt like driving around in 4Lo, lol.  The transmission ratio switched in 2016 and mine just happened to get the 1.7 ratio, which works very well with the 2247.

So we have run the 3065 for the last 2 days. I attached a photo of the RPM while surfing (wish I had one of the 2247 to compare). 

One thing I did notice is steering wheel shudder at low RPM take off...it was there prior to taking the 3065 off, definitely went away with the 2247, but back again with the 3065...not sure what it is. 

Might have to put the 2247 back on just to compare now. 

PXL_20230826_023159196.jpg

On 8/27/2023 at 11:06 AM, fastsoup said:

So we have run the 3065 for the last 2 days. I attached a photo of the RPM while surfing (wish I had one of the 2247 to compare). 

One thing I did notice is steering wheel shudder at low RPM take off...it was there prior to taking the 3065 off, definitely went away with the 2247, but back again with the 3065...not sure what it is. 

Might have to put the 2247 back on just to compare now. 

PXL_20230826_023159196.jpg

you might just have some cavitation your feeling on take off. My 2775 did that, especially when the rudder was turned on take off when surfing.  2247 is amazing at high elevation, so it should be even better for you.