Exile Sound System

2020 MB B52 23 Classic: Anyone experiencing problems with their Exile sound system?  My left side speaker and center tower speakers are not working. The issue started last year but they were intermittently working.  Is it a bad amp or is thr Zone control head malfunctioning? Love the sound system when everything is working!

First thing to do is spray electronics cleaner into all of he knobs on the zone controller and run each knob through its full range.  The unit in my 2016 started acting up in 2019 and that fixed it for the season.  Now I just do that at the beginning of each season and all is well.  Might not be your problem but it's worth a try!

Thanks Orange TJ, I called Exile and the rep told me the issue is with the ZLD controller, he stated remove it and send it in and exile will repair for free! If it can’t be repaired, he said they would give me a deal on a new unit!  Boat is only 3yrs old so I’m hoping it’s repairable.

• 1 month later...

I have had zero issues with mine since I opened up the holes on the ZLD faceplate a little bit around the push button switches (Aux In & Sub Phase).  The holes in the faceplate were misaligned and pushing sideways on the buttons causing them to lose contact.  Very careful drilling out of those 2 faceplate holes with a step drill and the issue is gone.