Surf systems?

TomP

I noticed at the boat show that even Moomba has a surf system of thier own, manual and very simple if it works couls be bolted to almost any boat, Im not sure how diverting the water can eliminate the need to weigh the boat to one side like they claim with surf gate and nss?

I am looking to buy my first family wake surf and wake board play boat and am overthinking it big time I know!

It would be great if we could really get some clarification from MB themselves if there is definately a surf system on the way?

Is it going to be a manual system?

Is it a automated system?

Can it be retrofitted to older models?

What is the rough time frame for this system to be released?

I would have thought the answers to these questions would not give to much away in regards to the looks of the system or overall design of the system but would then give prospective MB buyers a little information to proceed with a informed decision when looking to purchase a new boat.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting ready to buy a new f22 next week and I was told by the dealer that the surf device is similar to supra's system. And it is supposed to be able to be retro fitted but I didn't ask how far back. Also was told price would be around 2k.

Maybe I am missing something but supra's set up looks like trim tabs to help with listing, and a custom mount point. In this case I would think probably all years could get this set up.

The big guy Mike B told me at the Sacramento show, It will be retrofit able. I also saw a video of it on a boat and a video of the wave. Both looked great. They are dealing with some legal issue and fine tuning it as we speak. I would imagine it will be on the 2015 later this year. I don't want to talk about what it looks like due to he probably doesn't have it patented yet. I will say, I will be getting it as soon as it comes out.

The big gut Mike B told me at the Sacramento show, It will be retrofit able. I also saw a video of it on a boat and a video of the wave. Both looked great. They are dealing with some legal issue and fine tuning it as we speak. I would imagine it will be on the 2015 later this year. I don't want to talk about what it looks like due to he probably doesn't have it patented yet. I will say, I will be getting it as soon as it comes out.

I don't think Mike will appreciate that!!  lol :P  :P