It appears Ive lost power to my factory ballast switches. Does anyone know if theres fuses for these.....nothing lights up nor do they function. All the fuses under helm none are labelled for ballast....as far as I could see there was no inline fuses either unless theyre hidden elsewhere....any ideas? 2013 f24 tomcat

I checked all the connections and everything seems to be tight back there as much as I can feel ( very tight location without ripping dash apart. But I found the 2 5 amp fuses that I thought were magnets...anyone know why the fuse part is covered in a gold plated metal...I cant tell if fuse is blown or not...I can just put a regular automotive 5 amp fuse in there or is there a reason that its plated with metal on outside.

I checked all the connections and everything seems to be tight back there as much as I can feel ( very tight location without ripping dash apart. But I found the 2 5 amp fuses that I thought were magnets...anyone know why the fuse part is covered in a gold plated metal...I cant tell if fuse is blown or not...I can just put a regular automotive 5 amp fuse in there or is there a reason that its plated with metal on outside.

Its a slow blow fuse essentially. You can put any fuse in there, just make sure if you put a regular fuse it is a higher rating than the slow blow.

If you have a meter, check the continuity (omega symbol on the meter)

I had same prob. Dealer told me those were resettable fuses. Take em out and then put em back in. I gave em a pinch on the brass for good luck. Instantly worked. My gates were however "sticky" and not opening so I removed and cleaned them. Haven't had a prob since. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

I have the same boat ('13 f24), where did you find the fuses?

OK, I can't quite imagine the exact location you are describing but I'll get to the boat and have a look. I'm getting confused as when you say "deck" I'm thinking the floor of the boat but when you say wheel and throttle then I'm thinking up inside the helm. I'm sure I'll see them though, thanks.

OK, I can't quite imagine the exact location you are describing but I'll get to the boat and have a look. I'm getting confused as when you say "deck" I'm thinking the floor of the boat but when you say wheel and throttle then I'm thinking up inside the helm. I'm sure I'll see them though, thanks.

My mistake.

when i say deck, im referring to the split deck or top of the boat. If you remove that plastic cover under the helm, lay down on the floor and look up in between the steering wheel and the throttle control you should see 2 giant fuses. They are about 2 inches high and have some metal sheathing on them.  I believe they are either slow blow and or resettable. Good luck

• 7 years later...

Hi I know this is old but the light on the right ballast switch went out and it does not appear to work. You think it is the actual gate or just the fuse? 2015 F22 any tips would be appreciated 

Could just be stuck. Did you try manually opening them? Lots of threads here on the subject. There's a small Allen wrench attached to the gates that you can use.