Replacing drain master ballast gate

So yes in theory but the one step I couldn't do because there was no room to seperate the valve from the flanges due to the pvc under the rubber boots were longer than the boot.... Next time it will be a breeze on the side I changed. Since I took out about a inch of pvc for wiggle room. So now I can push the rear flange back towards the rear of the boat to slide out the valve.

This is how I do it. Hope this helps

1 Loosen the four clamps.so you can move the valve side to side..

2 Take the four bolts out of the valve and separate the valve from the flanges.

3 Lift valve out.

To install

4 I put vaseline on the rubber gaskets to hold in place and put them on the valve.

5 Gently slide the valve between the flanges and push and pull the flanges to the valve.

6 Insert the four bolts through the valve moving the valve side to side to install the bolts.

7 Tighten bolts.

8 Last but not least, tighten clamps.

• 3 weeks later...

Had to do my port valve tonight (Thanks Clovenberg for hooking me up with the valves).  Of course I got one of the boats with pipes that are too long.  Absolute nightmare to get out.  Once out I cut down about a 1/4" of each flange so it went in easy enough and should be easy to replace in the future.  I have two spares now, so maybe Murphy will have mercy on me.  LOL.

Had to do my port valve tonight (Thanks Clovenberg for hooking me up with the valves). Of course I got one of the boats with pipes that are too long. Absolute nightmare to get out. Once out I cut down about a 1/4" of each flange so it went in easy enough and should be easy to replace in the future. I have two spares now, so maybe Murphy will have mercy on me. LOL.

I know the ones that the pipes are too long suck balls!!!

• 1 month later...

Bear Mt. claim a few more victims today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

front nine is definatly not that friendly. Great course, it was my first time playing there.

Great course with spectacular views for sure. Depending how much of a golfer you are Desert Canyon is fabulous as well. A bit more of a drive though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is few pictures of my Valterra valve installation

Thanks for the pics.

You mentioned that you were going to use the existing wiring and not run new wire.

I've never even looked at the valve so please excuse my ignorance, but how did you end up doing the wiring? Is that harness right next to the valve itself or under the dash?

That is the wiring under the dash. That's the harness from what the old switch plugs into. I used their switch and plugged into MBs harness. Look close at the middle picture. The wire with two wires is the power source wires. The wire that has three wires is from the new switch going back into the harness to go back to the existing wire to the valve