Boat Demo

mbalsiger

Dealer has a lot to do with boat decisions and hope they pull their crap together...

This is an excellent point!  Which is one of the reasons I am demoing this boat, ever since the owner of PSBC died last December the place is not the same, when my boat needed to go in for service they basically told me to take it somewhere else because they were too busy!

I will get video of the wave and let you know my impressions (I am far from an expert for sure, but will do my best).

The "kid" that owns NW Boat Sports is a great guy and bends over backwards to help you out and he is the Supreme dealer in town, he started off just selling used boats and now has Supreme and Sanger, man I wish he could get the MB line!

Peace.

The majority of Centurions put out an amazing regular surf wave. They don't take a lot of weight to do it either. But they lack a great goofy wave. The new "big boat" they came out with, the FX or now FS44 changed all that. But it's a VERY large 24' boat that has a very tall freeboard. This is all great if you have a vehicle that can tow it, or more importantly a pocketbook that can pay for it. Haven't seen one under $100k.

The fit and finish and all the fancy touch screens and technology are amazing. Really top notch. They've had some growing pains with the new Ramfill feature. You can load close to 3000lbs in under 30 seconds. But only when the valves don't stick. I demo'd a SV244 last week with this feature, and it was pretty amazing. Still needed some extra weight though.

Yes, I'm a current Centurion owner, and I'll admit, I'm a fanboy for them. But I'm goofy footed, so it's looking like I'll be switching to either an MB or a Supreme 226. Only a couple demos in the way that will help me decide!

This is an excellent point!  Which is one of the reasons I am demoing this boat, ever since the owner of PSBC died last December the place is not the same, when my boat needed to go in for service they basically told me to take it somewhere else because they were too busy!

I will get video of the wave and let you know my impressions (I am far from an expert for sure, but will do my best).

The "kid" that owns NW Boat Sports is a great guy and bends over backwards to help you out and he is the Supreme dealer in town, he started off just selling used boats and now has Supreme and Sanger, man I wish he could get the MB line!

Peace.

I agree PSBC has some great boats, but man they are hard to deal with. Hardly ever call you back on issues.

not sure whats going on over there, starting to wonder.... I have called 4 times inquiring about upgrading from a 2014 to a 2015 and can never get anyone to call back. Not sure if they are super busy or what. Mark was great to deal with and was always "all over it"

I looked at Supreme, Centurion, and Tige. MB F22 interior quality, fit, finish and overall value won my wife and I over. Loved the Tige but didn't want to pay the price. Centurion was nice but the MB still has a better interior. Supreme was nice looking boat outside but the interior was way below the centurion and miles less than the MB. Oh and less hard ballast on the Supreme. Mind you these were the 2014 boats. just my 2 cents.

I agree with all of the comments about the MB in relation to the other boats, which is why I wish there was another dealer for MB here in PDX.  PSBC carries Mastercraft and MB and my belief is that they could care less about MB.  Plus ever since the owner died they are like a ship without a rudder.

I have called and texted multiple times asking about the new WB and they still have done nothing to keep me updated or even let me know when one is coming in.

I have been in twice this summer. They have been slammed everytime. I do believe that MC carries that place but not any reason to not sell a MB. They have shown me good customer service. But u will never catch me in a MC.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the guys there and feel bad for the situation, however in the end they need to figure out how to run this business well, my issue is I want to have confidence in the dealer I am working with and because there is only one it raises lots of questions in my mind.  Truth is I will hopefully sell my boat, buy Shawn's and then take it to NW Boat Sports for service.

I think PSBC is just swamped and they didn't have anyone to fill marks shoes so to speak and it shows. I imagine they will work out the bugs this winter after getting thru a busy season with changes. I will say I called them a week before my vacation and they got me in and fixed my prob even though they were 3 weeks out. Service guys there have always been awesome to me. Usually go the extra mile and check/ fix something that wasn't even on my radar. I've brought my 2012 back 3-4 times for little issues and they never charge me to fix stuff. Only the scheduled maintenance Ect. I've only worked with two boat dealerships in my life and Chris n those guys at PSBC always make me glad I purchased from them.

I think PSBC is just swamped and they didn't have anyone to fill marks shoes so to speak and it shows. I imagine they will work out the bugs this winter after getting thru a busy season with changes. I will say I called them a week before my vacation and they got me in and fixed my prob even though they were 3 weeks out. Service guys there have always been awesome to me. Usually go the extra mile and check/ fix something that wasn't even on my radar. I've brought my 2012 back 3-4 times for little issues and they never charge me to fix stuff. Only the scheduled maintenance Ect. I've only worked with two boat dealerships in my life and Chris n those guys at PSBC always make me glad I purchased from them.

I believe this is the issue, since I did not purchase new from them (even though I have an MB and use them for service and repair regularly) they do not value or prioritize me.  My guess is that their priorities are customers like you who bought new from them.

That being said I still can't figure out why they don' want to even try to sell the new boats with Switch?

I believe this is the issue, since I did not purchase new from them (even though I have an MB and use them for service and repair regularly) they do not value or prioritize me. My guess is that their priorities are customers like you who bought new from them.

That being said I still can't figure out why they don' want to even try to sell the new boats with Switch?

IMO...the switch system is not worth selling yet. MB has no videos up or any advertisement. It's like MB doesn't care about the switch either. They r selling boats with the system that know body knows anything about. And is an exact copy of supra's swell system. I'm a little dissapointed in the system. I was hoping for something new and innovating. Not a copy.

Dealer has a lot to do with boat decisions and hope they pull their crap together...

This is an excellent point! Which is one of the reasons I am demoing this boat, ever since the owner of PSBC died last December the place is not the same, when my boat needed to go in for service they basically told me to take it somewhere else because they were too busy!

Peace.

I was working on a couple of different boat deals with Pat a few years back when he worked at PSBC, just couldn't get a deal done. He is a good dude. I also like the people at PSBC and hope it works out for them. But it wouldn't shock me if it folds up in a year or two either. Just a tough situation for them with Mark passing and all. And i would bet that them picking up MB was more of a move that they had to do as opposed to something they wanted to do. I don't see many new mastercrafts around here these days. Im still curious what happened between AWS and MB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And i would bet that them picking up MB was more of a move that they had to do as opposed to something they wanted to do. I don't see many new mastercrafts around here these days. Im still curious what happened between AWS and MB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, IMO MC's are just simply not worth the money.  Warren, who owns AWS is a great guy, my guess would be that when they picked up Malibu after the last Malibu dealer got thrown in jail they simply had too many lines and MB wanted a dealer who would not be so distracted with so many other lines, just my guess.