Surf wake; F22 vs. B23

Yumatucky1

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new 2015 boat. After test driving(and pricing), numerous other manufacturers, I now for sure it's going to be an MB. My uses are 60% surf, 20% board and 20% cruise and tube. I'm going to plumb in weight in the lockers, but can't go over 750#'s or so. Which is the better surf wake? Thanks from a new guy!

23 for surf, no question.  we, however, went f22.  nearly as good of surf (90%), but slow speed (18.5) wakeboard wake was key for kids.

750 is perfect for 22.  may want 1100 for 23 (depends on how mackin of a wave you want).

both boats are not set up properly to pull tubes and that practice is not recommended at all.  ever.

I'm thinkin storage. I need the lockers to still be somewhat functional. Doesn't the 1100# take the full locker?

Don't know how much you know about this stuff, but they're ballast "bags". No matter what size you go with, you'll have to remove whatever you have stored in the locker before you fill the added ballast. And 750's are 50x20x20, 1100's are 50x24x24. Not a huge size difference. 1100's will fill the locker of either boat a lot better and give you a better surf wave.

Appreciate it guys. I'm going to demo a f22 next friday(already demo'd the b52). The 22 is a 2014 with no surf tabs, the 52 is 'a 15 with tabs. Will they make a big diff? Do they shape the wake at all or just let you transition easier? The 52 had a pretty good wake stock, from my perspective. I'm coming out of a '05 Supreme v232, with 1000#'s total ballast.