thinking of a new order 23 b52

boogs

Thanks, did get 400 or 440? I regretted getting the 5.7 in the f22 was wondering if the 400 was enough when ballasted for surf in this boat. indmar is claiming 404lbs tq in the 400 and 427lbs tq in the 440. That's only 23 lbs tq so hopefully the upgrade isn't over 2300 bux that's 100 bux a lb.

X23 my fav, g23 close 2nd, and b52. I know not apples to apples but those are the 3 on my radar.mainly board but have gotten into surfing and I'm 34 so prob won't board but for a few more years anyways.i love the warranty of the mc 5 years everything that's y I have always driven bmw they take care of everything no questions asked no expense ever unless I buy new tires.i do honestly really think the x23 is worth the 50k difference but i also know I'm paying a lot more than I need to on an unnecessary item in the first place.

No. Found a deal I couldn't refuse on a 2014 Malibu LSV with LS3.

The 23 LSV puts out a great surf wave. My buddy has this boat and has 550 lbs sacs in each corner. Wave is very good. I'm hoping B52 with surf asst and 750's in each corner is as good. Unfortunately I have a long wait with the weather. Don't even have the boat yet :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice I like your new boat.Good call on the x30 I prefer pickle fork prob how I overlooked that model and the lack of factory ballast. That model is known for a clean wake at all speeds. I really like this one wish it was local......http://boats.actionwater.com/Page.aspx/diid/8052496/list/InventoryList/pageId/130950/view/Details/2015-MasterCraft-Wakeboarding-Boat-X30.aspx

SD is correct.  The surf package in the X30 comes with factory plumbed sacs in the corners that sit on the hard tanks.  The sacks are 450's.  I swapped those for some 600's that I had from my MB and those totally fill the compartment.  I'm not sure if it will make much of a difference but I did it because I had the 600's and nothing to do except wait for the rain to stop.  

The total ballast in the MC is nowhere near that of the MB.  I think I'm near 2,000 lbs total, including the added sacs.  From what I've read and what we did when I tested the X30 before I bought it, that is enough to have a good surf wave.  I may plumb a bow sack but that will be next winter after I try this for a season.

The MB's have the advantage far and above the MC when it comes to storage.  My 21 TC had more storage than my X30 has.  I also really like the way the compartments are designed in the MB over the MC because everything is below the floor and the floors are flat.  The MC floors are not flat in the compartments and storing stuff in there and working in there is a PITA compared to the MB.

Yes, I'm one of those dumb-a**es that chose a profile name based on a boat model that I had.  That's kind of like getting a tattoo of your girlfriend's name on your bicep when you are 16.

Seems like a disadvantage to have to switch thto bags on the x30 w gen 2. The sales guy said they spend like 300 hours a hull,getting the screen perfect for the right speed, ballast for specific riding levels.all that goes out the window when you switch them and your on your own again trying to find the right balances something you already paid (a good amount in sure)them to do for you.that being said I'm most likely to order another mb today, haha but could change my mind on the way up there.any suggestions on the two color combos? My white/green f22 turned out super nice but the two boats last two years boat show that had me drooling were purp flake g23s.

post-1574-0-35822800-1424787808_thumb.jpg

post-1574-0-84146200-1424787826_thumb.jpg

Seems like a disadvantage to have to switch thto bags on the x30 w gen 2. The sales guy said they spend like 300 hours a hull,getting the screen perfect for the right speed, ballast for specific riding levels.all that goes out the window when you switch them and your on your own again trying to find the right balances something you already paid (a good amount in sure)them to do for you.that being said I'm most likely to order another mb today, haha but could change my mind on the way up there.any suggestions on the two color combos? My white/green f22 turned out super nice but the two boats last two years boat show that had me drooling were purp flake g23s.

I didn't have to switch out the bags....I just did because I have the bigger ones and I want to play with them.  

I like both your color choices but being a Duck, I'd go with green and white