What I'm working with

oldsmobiledriver

I need to figure out what is causing the disaster of a line that is cutting the face of the wave closest to the boat as its forming. It seems to be forming two waves on top of each other from the looks. Something has to be dragging in the water to cause it. I need to take my swim platform off and go out and look of the back of the boat. I keep talking about strapping my center tab up out of the way to see if it is causing it.

I need to figure out what is causing the disaster of a line that is cutting the face of the wave closest to the boat as its forming. It seems to be forming two waves on top of each other from the looks. Something has to be dragging in the water to cause it. I need to take my swim platform off and go out and look of the back of the boat. I keep talking about strapping my center tab up out of the way to see if it is causing it.

Most likely center tab. That's why Centurion and others have modified their center tab shape to keep the sharp corners from cutting into the surf wake.

Midnight has pointed this out and I was looking at the back of my boat when surfing. It's water passing over the top of non deployed gate. It's really more noticeable when you are cheating weight to the surf side. But to get a cleaner reg wave u have to cheat weight over there.

Exactly. I am positive that the line is created from the tip of the non deployed gate.

Here is a shot from my first flapper version on my boat from a couple years ago.

post-1153-0-92508900-1436896934_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately I think the only way to get rid of it is to be able to retract the gates further in towards the center of the boat to get them out of the flow of water coming around the hull. This obviously would require modifying the swim platform by notching out the sides to allow the gates to fold in further (Im thinking this is why Malibu has the notched platform)

Fortunately though, IMHO, I don't think it causes any real noticeable difference in the ride quality of the wave. It seems more cosmetic than anything to me. B)

I also think that with an evenly weighted boat that the trim tab is counter productive. On a listed boat it works great at squashing the prop wash over to the non listed side to create a nice clean wave face. On an evenly weighted boat it is squashing that prop wash down over both sides fairly equally and therefor adding some wash to the face of the wave.

As Mucker pointed out though, we have been having some better success with adding a bit of list to the surf side (100-200-ish pounds is all).

Now that you guys keep saying that it does make sense, I keep zooming in on it more and looking way too hard lol.

I'm very pleased with it! But like always, I want more, I want more!!! I'll need to get a pic of the goofy wave, it's so clean and perfect it's unreal!!!

So for grins last night we were out booze cruising just the wife and I and I had the integrated and stock full. Deployed for regular surfing and then opened the starboard gate and let it drain empty. The goofy double wave look at the end of the line we were talking about got way worse and the wave was forming down really low and had a flat spot or step up to the white wash. It was counter productive. So next time out in going to add a few hundred more to the starboard side for regular surfing and see if it takes that crap out. Maybe i have been chasing it the wrong way the whole time...

So for grins last night we were out booze cruising just the wife and I and I had the integrated and stock full. Deployed for regular surfing and then opened the starboard gate and let it drain empty. The goofy double wave look at the end of the line we were talking about got way worse and the wave was forming down really low and had a flat spot or step up to the white wash. It was counter productive. So next time out in going to add a few hundred more to the starboard side for regular surfing and see if it takes that crap out. Maybe i have been chasing it the wrong way the whole time...

I don't think that will work. My brother who is a solid 300 pounds was sitting on starboard side before I shot this last photo. Wave was tall and long but the lip was white wash all the way back. I had him move over to port side and that's what it looked like. So I don't think more weight on strb side is what you r lookn for.